FSM coin

After reading the comments in this thread as well as offline contact, I've decided that I will make both available - blue and red.

C&P will be in here in the next few days to announce the timing of the pre-sale and any other details.

As a reminder in case it got lost in the thread: The wording "Flying Spaghetti Monster" and "Track at Geocaching.com" will be filled in with white paint so they stand out much more on this version.

As for detail on the coin - this is satin black nickel which they've only used on one other coin in the past. It shows detail much more than the standard black nickel finish.

Thanks for the feedback/interest.

I'm afraid that a pesto/alfredo version is not in the works at this time. This has taken a lot more time that I have right now. I'd like to handle this sale and then slink back into the shadows until such time as I'm needed again.

Thanks FSM!! Now to talk to the bank manager regarding a second mortgage... :surprise:

Wonder what the 2 finishes will do to the 'guess the number pre-ordered' game! Me thinks only the higher numbers will still be in the running. :(

Edited by keewee
Thanks FSM!! Now to talk to the bank manager regarding a second mortgage... :surprise:

Wonder what the 2 finishes will do to the 'guess the number pre-ordered' game! Me thinks only the higher numbers will still be in the running. :(

Can one have ones number doubled :D since there are two "flavors" now? :D

J/K

CF30

I went high... :D but now there are 2 finishes I am feeling decidedly low :D

It will be interesting to see what the number ends up being.

Well crap. I didn't see anything about the coins being a presale until AFTER I placed my order with other coins. I mean the coins are located in the Geocoins in Stock section. I sent an email to their customer support offering to pay the separate s&h charges. I just hope they'll break up my order. I'm not happy at the moment :o

Yes, the coins are on the site now and available to purchase.

The current plan is to have them available through Wed night and stop the pre-order at that point and place the order to the mint so we can turn them around as quickly as possible.

NOTE: Since these are a pre-order, if you order other coins as well they will ship together when the FSM coins come in a few weeks. If you want your other coins shipped before the FSM coins come in, make sure to place separate orders and they will ship accordingly.

I'll talk to C&P after the pre-sale closes to see who was closest on their guess for the total ordered.

I'm just getting caught up on this thread... Wow, this is most excellent news FSM! Thank you so much!

It looks like the pre-order may come up during one of our two Landsharkz road trips (WA, OR, ID, UT) Aug 2-12 and then Puget Sound Aug 15-24. Would someone be willing to pre-order an extra 2 of the black satin nickel for us and we'll either send you coins in trade or send you money when all is said and done?

I'll get you a couple.

Thank you so much!

I picked up 3 red and 3 blue, you can have two of whatever combo you'd like.

I have not checked. I doubt that many have as the forums are usually slow over the weekend and it just opened up Friday night. I would expect the majority of orders to come through in the next 48 hours as Mondays are usually busy in here (although this morning has been quite busy).

Besides, if I told you how many were ordered, you could influence the final number! :)

Tangent to a discussion in another thread about "re-minting":

If anybody is upset about the fact that I am minting these in a different metal (which is different in my mind), please let me know. I will be happy to refund the purchase price of the original coins to you myself if you are not happy with the course I took.

I thought making a completely different metal would satisfy all parties involved - letting me stay true to my word about the #'s made of the gold & silver while still providing more to the community at large.

We all know that you can't please everybody, so I did what I thought was right and what I felt good about.

Please contact me offline to discuss this if you would like to take this course of action.

Thanks.

I have not checked. I doubt that many have as the forums are usually slow over the weekend and it just opened up Friday night. I would expect the majority of orders to come through in the next 48 hours as Mondays are usually busy in here (although this morning has been quite busy).

Besides, if I told you how many were ordered, you could influence the final number! :)

Dang it, you're on to me :) Just think, it could cause a pre-order frenzy amongst the high number guessers!

But prolly more than 42, right? :)

Tangent to a discussion in another thread about "re-minting":

If anybody is upset about the fact that I am minting these in a different metal (which is different in my mind), please let me know. I will be happy to refund the purchase price of the original coins to you myself if you are not happy with the course I took.

I thought making a completely different metal would satisfy all parties involved - letting me stay true to my word about the #'s made of the gold & silver while still providing more to the community at large.

We all know that you can't please everybody, so I did what I thought was right and what I felt good about.

Please contact me offline to discuss this if you would like to take this course of action.

Thanks.

If anyone is unhappy and wants to be rid of the originals I'll buy and pay shipping. Heck - I'll pay them for the original shipping from C&P too!!

Just a simple word of thanks to FSM. As Pastafarians who missed the sale of the original minting we are THRILLED to be in on the pre-order for the new minting. These will be a treasured part of our small but growing collection. One of the monkeys here is also a full time biology instructor who graduated from Oregon State (where the church originated). Thank you for making a beautiful coin avaliable to the rest of us. One minor question, I assume that C&P are doing the minting, but who did the design and template work if not done by yourself?

The winner is...

TokyoBlossom with a guess of 523! (Actual number was 514 and they were the closest!)

Send me your address and I'll be sending you an Antique Copper Version as your prize.

Congratulations TokyoBlossom!!

I should have ordered another 55! Is it too late :tired::anibad:

I've decided that should have been a PM and not a post...sorry FSM... :anibad:

Allanon - the answer was easy anyway as it was in the pre-order guess rules - it is like the "price is right" - get it bang on you win... but go over then you lose. As no one had the exact answer, then the winner was the closest guess below that number that were pre-ordered. :tired:

Oh.. hang on... that doesn't work with whats happened. Maybe I got it wrong - maybe it was the other way around.

Edited by keewee

I've decided that should have been a PM and not a post...sorry FSM... :tired:

Allanon - the answer was easy anyway as it was in the pre-order guess rules - it is like the "price is right" - get it bang on you win... but go over then you lose. As no one had the exact answer, then the winner was the closest guess below that number that were pre-ordered. :anibad:

Oh.. hang on... that doesn't work with whats happened. Maybe I got it wrong - maybe it was the other way around.

Bummer, without going over would have been me, Oh well, congrats to the winner!

Nope, that was my bad. I didn't read my own rules.

501 Gang is the winner of the Antique Copper and I'll offer TokyoBlossom one of the silver or gold for my error.

Thanks for catching that.

Yay for both winners. And Yay for me - I'm not crazy after all! :tired::anibad:

Well I have had a very special event ! I was contacted by the Noodley one him/her self asking to drop a FSM coin in Florida to spread the Divine word. be it that my schedule has been kind of busy and not wanting to rely on excepting a coin in the mail I sent off the coin numbers from one of the FSM coins I had bought at sale and asked that it be activated and used for the drop instead of excepting one via mail, The coin was activated by the FSM , I "grabbed" the coin to be dropped this coming week in a Florida cache.

Coin To Drop

Very unexpected in my mail came a Copper version one of 30 made gifted to me by the FSM, Thank you kindly this will be a special coin in my collection never to be parted with. Glenn