FSM coin

I'd like to pre-order the coin, but I can't figure out where and when to do so... I also work 2p-11p on the east coast so the time of sale will likely be while I'm at work.. Can someone help me out here??? PLEASE??? I know I'm not on here as much as I used to be..

Someone please email me or PM

And I'll guess 420...

Edited by The Blind Acorn

Wow, I'm out for a few days while my wife has our baby and I miss out again. That stinks.

Congratulations on the new baby!!!!!

I don't think you missed out on anything, except you didn't post a guess.

Don't miss a chance at whatever we're guessing for. :blink:

Thanks. He's wonderful (our first).

So when does the presale start??

My guess: 636 coins will be pre-ordered.

It seems this might be a case where a separate thread for the cointest could be helpful. :blink:

And since some folks seem confused about the pre-sale, here is a brief summary of this ENTIRE thread. :blink:

No one has missed anything by not reading the first 20 pages. :P

The pre-sale has not happened yet. In Post 878 FSM posted the cointest rules and said the samples are due in soon. And in Post 727 is the info about the likely pre-sale metal. It also says the pre-sale won't start till the samples are in and have been found to be acceptable.

984 thanks for the cointest!

A lot of people seem to be worried about missing out on the presale. How long will this be open for orders? Is it possible to miss out on a pre-sale from website problems? Aaron? Is this possible?

A note on the website if the cart emptying problem has NOT been rectified would be good. It would have been nice to know this upfront on the retail site after it was apparent on the forum.

Edited by forthferalz

Ok, guessing is closed. I'll put together a spreadsheet so I can track all the guesses.

I'm still waiting for the sample coin (should be here anytime now). When I get that, here's what will happen:

1) I'll post the pic so you can see what you are getting

2) I'll post the pre-order times (likely a one week window so there won't be any issues around missing the time)

3) I'm guessing C&P will include something in their newsletter but I've not spoken to them about that yet, so don't hold that as truth until they confirm that

I'm (again) surprised at some of the high guesses. I was thinking around the 300 coin mark personally (some people wanting to complete the set, others buying extras for trade and travel). I'll be shocked if it goes higher than that but I was also shocked at how quickly the first run sold out so maybe I'm not the best person to provide estimates <_<

Seems I'm destined not to get any of these coins.

I missed ordering the first time around because I was at the hospital waiting for my first grandchild to be born.

I missed this op to guess because I never made it into the forums last night. Yesterday was the first day school was in for my students (I had 100 new students, along with the 62 I already knew, it's the first time I've taught a traditional scedule of seven periods instead of 3 blocks and a planing period, so that had me wiped out--as well as the fact that my air conditioner at home and in my car hasn't worked in days and we've had 101°F days all week here...plus my daughter was driving to DC last night to her new job/home and I was on the phone with her trying to calm her down after she went into panic mode because she drove a mere 6 miles the wrong way and didn't know where she was---I had to pull up the mapping software, figure out where she was, locate a spot she would think of as "safe" and talk to her while she pulled in and calmed down--then I coached her to the nearest hotel to check in for the night, and ran through the directions with her one more time so she could get there tonight.

I just got home today from school (ours is the only school district around that didn't have a half day because of the heat) and read this thread.....

I only want some sympathy. Can I please get a "poor Neos" from somebody?

Seems I'm destined not to get any of these coins.

I missed ordering the first time around because I was at the hospital waiting for my first grandchild to be born.

I missed this op to guess because I never made it into the forums last night. Yesterday was the first day school was in for my students (I had 100 new students, along with the 62 I already knew, it's the first time I've taught a traditional scedule of seven periods instead of 3 blocks and a planing period, so that had me wiped out--as well as the fact that my air conditioner at home and in my car hasn't worked in days and we've had 101°F days all week here...plus my daughter was driving to DC last night to her new job/home and I was on the phone with her trying to calm her down after she went into panic mode because she drove a mere 6 miles the wrong way and didn't know where she was---I had to pull up the mapping software, figure out where she was, locate a spot she would think of as "safe" and talk to her while she pulled in and calmed down--then I coached her to the nearest hotel to check in for the night, and ran through the directions with her one more time so she could get there tonight.

I just got home today from school (ours is the only school district around that didn't have a half day because of the heat) and read this thread.....

I only want some sympathy. Can I please get a "poor Neos" from somebody?

Sure...

Poor Neos!

But you have not missed the black nickel version yet as presale has not started...

poor Neos my foot... It's more like

:oCONGRATS NEOS!! :blink:

:huh: Your already a winner because you got the prize of a grandchild!! :laughing:

Hey, you know, you're right. And he's a cute kid, too. Thanks 501_Gang.

Smort78, thanks for the sympathy--I hope I don't manage to miss out on the black nickel version, too. I'll really kick myself if I do!

And, deafhunt, we ALL had problems with our parents at one time or another, so I can sympathize with you, too. It gets better, I promise!

Easy boy - I have a life outside these forums :laughing:

Here's a pic of the Satin Black Nickel Sample (or as I like to call it: La Pasta Negra):

fsmsblkblu350lr7.jpg

I have a few questions and minor changes to make (like making the Flying Spaghetti Monster and tracking text white so they pop), but you get the general feel of how the coin will look.

No pre-ordering info yet

I need to talk to C&P about the final details and I won't be in touch with them again until Monday.

Those with especially good vision (read: googly eyes) may notice the glow in the dark paint being used.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster