FSM coin

I'm just getting caught up on this thread... Wow, this is most excellent news FSM! Thank you so much!

It looks like the pre-order may come up during one of our two Landsharkz road trips (WA, OR, ID, UT) Aug 2-12 and then Puget Sound Aug 15-24. Would someone be willing to pre-order an extra 2 of the black satin nickel for us and we'll either send you coins in trade or send you money when all is said and done?

I'll get you a couple.

I'm just getting caught up on this thread... Wow, this is most excellent news FSM! Thank you so much!

It looks like the pre-order may come up during one of our two Landsharkz road trips (WA, OR, ID, UT) Aug 2-12 and then Puget Sound Aug 15-24. Would someone be willing to pre-order an extra 2 of the black satin nickel for us and we'll either send you coins in trade or send you money when all is said and done?

I'll get you a couple.

Thank you so much!

I found a box in my In Tray this morning from Coins and Pins, and Oh the excitement

I opened the box carefully, but quickly, to find His Noodly Appendages reaching out of the box to me. Hurrah, hurrah. His wise and moderated Noodly Highness has arrived in the Land of the Long White Cloud. He has arrived down under!!! WOOHOO.

I am happy to report that careful inspection of His Googlinesses visual receptors revealed perfect 20/20 vision.

It seems a shame to ruin his perfect image, and for this I am truly sorry FSM, but one of these flying pasta dishes is going to have some surgery later. I feel that an additional appendage is required to help prevent His Most Esteemed Holiness from ending up ‘collected’. I will then release his holiness to be enjoyed by the masses, to travel the world as a missionary encouraging the masses to convert to be Pastafarians. This is what I think FSMWD.

Long live The Noodly One!!

PS. Awesomely great coins FSM!!!! Great job C&P!

Edited by keewee01

Now that things have slowed down I've had a chance to really read through this thread in detail to get caught up.

Rasj, your posts have been consistently amusing (as well as the new avatar) and level headed. When issues have come up like the squished eyes, you took a positive step instead of just complaing. You even took it a step further and offered to send people extra eyes.

Thank you for being such a good community member and for helping to keep this thread sane at hectic times.

For that, I'd like to send you a little something.

Please contact me via PM or Email so I can get your address.

To all, I'm thinking about a contest for the upcoming black versions, so stay tuned.

OH a contest sounds like fun.I will be a watching.

This is truly the Geocaching spirit I so much love to see.

My computer is still in the shop and have this one to plink with.

Thank you all for the inspiration the FSM could only bring.

Hey at least he can see,maybe a patch would look better.

Have you ever tried to eat pasta or noodles with no teeth?

I found a box from Coins & Pins this morning and I was really excited. <_<

I opened the box quickly cause I wanted to take a look at those long anticipated FSM coins.

First coin i found in there was a Travel Slug :D

I said to myself : Oh, what a nice little gift. :P

Then I took out another coin : GeocachingDragon :D

What is this ??? :D

Then another Dragon :D

I unfortunately got the wrong box from Coins & Pins.

My FSMs are gone :D

The thing is they can't completely send the order back cause they're sold out in one finish (no back up)... :D

I found a box from Coins & Pins this morning and I was really excited. :D

I opened the box quickly cause I wanted to take a look at those long anticipated FSM coins.

First coin i found in there was a Travel Slug B)

Then I took out another coin : GeocachingDragon :)

What is this ??? :)

Then another Dragon :)

My FSMs are gone B)

The thing is they can't completely send the order back cause they're sold out in one finish (no back up)... B)

Oh my gosh!!! :( I'll bet that someone from the forum who was lucky enough to get the coins will take care of you--I hope so!

I found a box from Coins & Pins this morning and I was really excited. B)

First coin i found in there was a Travel Slug :)

My FSMs are gone B)

The thing is they can't completely send the order back cause they're sold out in one finish (no back up)... B)

Oh my gosh!!! :( I'll bet that someone from the forum who was lucky enough to get the coins will take care of you--I hope so!

OUCH!!! What finish are you short on? I've offered trades already to a number of the regulars in here who've missed out. What I can do is take stock of where I am at with those, and if I have one of the finish left that you are after I could trade with you. I have to say that I did make a few offers to people (some already had people offer and so didn't need my trade, so I moved on to the next person seeking) and as such I may not have one left to trade now. But will have a look and have a work out and see if I have one left.

I found a box from Coins & Pins this morning and I was really excited. :P

First coin i found in there was a Travel Slug :)

I said to myself : Oh, what a nice little gift. B)

My FSMs are gone B)

The thing is they can't completely send the order back cause they're sold out in one finish (no back up)... :(

I have an extra Silver

I found a box from Coins & Pins this morning and I was really excited. :D

First coin i found in there was a Travel Slug :D

I said to myself : Oh, what a nice little gift. ;)

Then I took out another coin : GeocachingDragon :D

What is this ??? :D

My FSMs are gone :D

The thing is they can't completely send the order back cause they're sold out in one finish (no back up)... :o

Oh my gosh!!! ;) I'll bet that someone from the forum who was lucky enough to get the coins will take care of you--I hope so!

OUCH!!! What finish are you short on? I've offered trades already to a number of the regulars in here who've missed out. What I can do is take stock of where I am at with those, and if I have one of the finish left that you are after I could trade with you. I have to say that I did make a few offers to people (some already had people offer and so didn't need my trade, so I moved on to the next person seeking) and as such I may not have one left to trade now. But will have a look and have a work out and see if I have one left.

Thank you guys for offering trades. I appreciate it.

The thing is I can't make any trade right now cause I going away for a few days.

Also, my post was more of a statement than a request. I wanted you to know what happened to me.

The thing is I'm kinda mad at C&P about their costumer service right now so I'll wait before making a move about the FSM coin I'm missing (Silver by the way)

Thank You

Edited by SecretChief

The eyes came in today. They aren't an exact replacement like I had hoped, but they are pretty close. The "pupil" is little smaller, and the "white" seems a tad whiter. That may be due to the glue used on the original. The diameter is just a tad larger.

Here's some pics.

FSM2.jpg

FSM1.jpg

FSM3.jpg

If anyone wants some PM or email me and I'll send them to you. No charge.

The "pupil" is little smaller, and the "white" seems a tad whiter. That may be due to the glue used on the original. The diameter is just a tad larger.

Note highlighted text above...

Sniffing glue will dialate your pupils...along with causing kidney damage...

DON'T DO IT!

Oh, nevermind...jumped the gun again.

:laughing:

The eyes came in today. They aren't an exact replacement like I had hoped, but they are pretty close. The "pupil" is little smaller, and the "white" seems a tad whiter. That may be due to the glue used on the original. The diameter is just a tad larger.

Here's some pics.

<snip>

Makes me look crazy. Although some would say that I am anyway..... :(

Thanks for the update.

Rasj, your posts have been consistently amusing (as well as the new avatar) and level headed. When issues have come up like the squished eyes, you took a positive step instead of just complaing. You even took it a step further and offered to send people extra eyes.

Thank you for being such a good community member and for helping to keep this thread sane at hectic times.

And to top that off...He sent me a Silver Sketti too! :D ...When asked what he wanted to trade for it...NADA~Its a gift for some love I gave him awhile back! How cool is that?????

So yep Rasj...You certainly deserve that Copper!...enjoy that beauty and thanks a bunch! :D

Edit to add: Both eyes were perfect...Still in the wrapper!~He sent me his O.G. Sketti!!!! :laughing:

Edited by 007BigD

I was worried when I saw that FSMs were turning up with damaged eyes – what chance of survival on the long trip to outback Oz?

So it was with trembling hands that I opened my package from C&P today.

Oh no! Two bleary eyes greeted me. :laughing:

The damage is actually not as bad as I thought at first, though one of the googly eyes doesn’t google anymore. :laughing:

(Aside – aren’t words funny? – to Aussies “googly” is a particular way of bowling in cricket and I’m sure google is something else too . . . . )

Fortunately the other coins were OK.

I had intended to release one to spread the good word of Pastafarianism in Australia, but was worried the eyes would get damaged.

But I clearly have been given a SIGN!

The pre-damaged coin has been infused with the POWER and must be released. :D

Swim, pirate fish, swim! :D

I managed to snag a set of Skettis...well less the Copper at an event on Saturday! :blink:

I traded my Timezones set for em and was happy to be able to pull through and grab the set to accomodate another worthy coin folk that missed out!...It was fun to be able to find em so readily and make the trade!...Mission Accomplished! :laughing:

OH...and they were the XXLE Totally blind version...VERY RARE!!! :blink:

I can't believe that my FSM needs LASIX. I hope it is covered under my insurance.

Being that "LASIX" is a diuretic that will make you pee your brains out, I just thought I would tell you that, yes, it is covered by your insurance!!! And I hope your FSM doesn't get a dose of Lasix, it might just pee itself right off the plate! And I don't think that and spaghetti go good together anyways! It would thin the sauce out too much. :anitongue:

LASIK eye surgery is covered by most insurances, call C&P and ask who they use! lol

With the sample of the "pasta negra" due anytime now, I figured that I would run a small contest of my own: Guess the number of pre-orders for the black nickel version!

From now until 9:00AM PST tomorrow (as shown by the forum time), you are allowed 1 guess as to how many Black Nickel versions will be sold during the pre-sale when that time comes (soon).

Simple rules:

- 1 guess per person

- No editing of your post at all (any posts showing edits are thrown out and no additional guesses by that person will be valid)

- A number can be used only ONCE - if somebody else has already guessed the number you want, you'll have to choose a different number (look at the thread closely, as per the previous rule you can't go back and edit your guess)

- Pre-sales mean orders taken and PAID FOR when the pre-orders are open, not just an expressed interest

The winner will be the person that either guesses the number or is the closest without going over (think Price Is Right).

The prize will be........something from me. :(

(any discrepancies or issues will be decided by me)

With the sample of the "pasta negra" due anytime now, I figured that I would run a small contest of my own: Guess the number of pre-orders for the black nickel version!

From now until 9:00AM PST tomorrow (as shown by the forum time), you are allowed 1 guess as to how many Black Nickel versions will be sold during the pre-sale when that time comes (soon).

Simple rules:

- 1 guess per person

- No editing of your post at all (any posts showing edits are thrown out and no additional guesses by that person will be valid)

- A number can be used only ONCE - if somebody else has already guessed the number you want, you'll have to choose a different number (look at the thread closely, as per the previous rule you can't go back and edit your guess)

- Pre-sales mean orders taken and PAID FOR when the pre-orders are open, not just an expressed interest

The winner will be the person that either guesses the number or is the closest without going over (think Price Is Right).

The prize will be........something from me. :laughing:

(any discrepancies or issues will be decided by me)

Were we supposed to pre order the black nickel? :laughing: I musta missed that somewhere. :(