FSM coin

I tried and tried and TRIED to get this coin last night. I never even saw them appear on the site.... If anybody has one to trade (I'm interested in both metals), please check out my trading list on Cointracking.com. I'd really appreciate it....

Chrisgun

Couldnt find your list :rolleyes:

First let me say that I knew that this coin would be a feeding frenzy so I didn't even try. I decided to take my chances with a trade or second release if there is one, as no coin is worth this much trouble. Plus I never have any luck with the C&P site and it alway takes for ever to get through it..

Do however place all the blame for the problems on C&P. They have been doing this long enough to know how well this coin would sell. They could have easily taken a pre-sell on this one and been able to provide enough coin to satisfy all requests. But they continue to do business as usual and only produce a limited number of coins. This pattern has been repeated many times such as when they release a Compass Rose coin

Team Sand Dollar

I agree with this. I did not even try to get a coin I was headed to Savannah for the night.

While it is not C&P fault the coin sold out or that FSM only made 250 or that FSM chose to not limit the number bought per person or that FSM did not want pre-sales. There are some things that are C&P fault. The whole shopping cart issue is huge. I have had it happen to me on other coins at C&P in the past and it is just wrong. The fact that the website did not have the inventory loaded and they can only post that they have no idea when the coins will be for sale. (what time is after dinner)

Not a very good way to run a business. We run a business and would never treat our customers in this way. An informed customer is a happy customer..even if the information is not really what the customer wanted to hear.

Lack of information seems to be a trend with C&P. They should have posted the website had issues and the coin inventory could not load and the coins will be for sale at ??? time on ??? day.

You mean similar to the new thread they posted about the coin sales on Monday night and that they were having trouble.

Edited by LadeBear68

I tried and tried and TRIED to get this coin last night. I never even saw them appear on the site.... If anybody has one to trade (I'm interested in both metals), please check out my trading list on Cointracking.com. I'd really appreciate it....

Chrisgun

If the coins I had in my shopping cart hadn't dissappeared by the time I tried to pay for them, I'd have some to trade...as it is, I'm looking for a Silver one myself.

Anyone have a Silver they want to trade? I have my personal coin (non-trackable) to trade if anyone is interested.

Lack of information seems to be a trend with C&P. They should have posted the website had issues and the coin inventory could not load and the coins will be for sale at ??? time on ??? day.

The fact that they DID inform everyone when these coins would go on sale is exactly WHY the website got overloaded. Please be reasonable.

:rolleyes: Aaaah, the angst is most delicious! :):P As if we didn't see this coming from miles away. I seriously considered trying last night, but laughed it off almost as quickly. So I'll join everyone else in the post-hype waiting game. Congrats FSM on the success of your idea though :) I did manage to go get a fresh copy of the "Gospel" and it's making for some very interesting reading! Aaaarrrrr! We need more pirates! :)

(snip some)

While it is not C&P fault the coin sold out or that FSM only made 250 or that FSM chose to not limit the number bought per person or that FSM did not want pre-sales. There are some things that are C&P fault. The whole shopping cart issue is huge. I have had it happen to me on other coins at C&P in the past and it is just wrong. The fact that the website did not have the inventory loaded and they can only post that they have no idea when the coins will be for sale. (what time is after dinner)

Not a very good way to run a business. We run a business and would never treat our customers in this way. An informed customer is a happy customer..even if the information is not really what the customer wanted to hear.

C&P DID post the problems they were having loading the inventory a little after 4:00 pm when their site crashed.

I find it disheartening that vendors are the first to get blamed when someone cannot get their precious coin, even though it is usually not the vendors' fault.

Exactly, when did getting the coin become so ridiculously important? When did it become a right to get every coin that comes up for sale? What's happened?

I find it disheartening that vendors are the first to get blamed when someone cannot get their precious coin, even though it is usually not the vendors' fault.

Exactly, when did getting the coin become so ridiculously important? When did it become a right to get every coin that comes up for sale? What's happened?

Just another example of many people's sense of entitlement. Coins are coins; they are not the end-all, be-all. If I don't get one I want, oh well...it wasn't meant to be...I'll just try again later in another way.

All this is so stupid...

I'm not even touching the "who's at fault" saga. I have my own opinion, and that stays with me. However, Hula is so spot on here, I finally have to chime in. Well, and since I've emailed that exact statement more than once today discussing this coin. When did it become your RIGHT to get every coin ever made? :rolleyes: What makes it a collectors token then? The "your" reference in my previous sentence was not directed at any person, rather a general statement at the angst of not getting it.

I know I can remember hammering F5 keys, only to get the big zinger. Guess what I did? I traded for it, and never complained once. That's what the thread at the top of the forums is for, since I think it says "Geocoin Trading". If you missed the coin, it will come up for trade later. If you're dying to get it now, there will be plenty on Ebay. If you don't ever get it, then it will stay at the top of your seeking list, along with Moun10bike version 1, etc.

Now, of course, some people read this and say, well, he only thinks that cuz he got one. Well yes, I did. In fact, I was one of the lucky people who my order in, as well as two friends orders. And, yes, a trader set. But, if you look back in the thread (I didn't look up what page), I believe I said "Don't remint for any reason, and whatever happens, happens". It's actually more comical to watch the scramble and mire in the threads, so I wasn't worried about being first in line to finally get my Moun10bike v2 coin for an FSM set :) Maybe I can get the v1 and v2 set if I wait long enough :)

Nomex, baby, yeah :P

Hmmmm Seems as if I am being flamed here. To set the record straight, I had problems just like everyone else. I waited since 6pm like everyone else, and do to me being lucky and getting my order in I am to be flamed? Where is the reasoning behind that. I didnt score an order of 10 of ech or more. I got enough for me to trade and get some HTF coins I want. I just wasnt aware the gf would get med. I am sorry if anyone wants to take a stance at me and label me as a profiteer, then so be it and I am sorry you feel that way.

I didnt have to post that I would be selling them just to give people another chance to get them, I didnt start the auction at $50, as well as I didnt have to offer any up for trade. So please do not direct your hateful comments at me as I can see no wrong I have done hear, and to be honest being a new collector this saddens me.

... well how about you sort it out once and for all, ask C&P to (exceptionally) cancel your order and refund your money. Girlfriend happy, fellow coin collectors happy, your credibility within the community restored (well ok, that might take a little more time).

When I was new to this hobby, well 5 1/2 weeks in as you appear to be, I would have no more thought about buying up lots of hard to obtain coins and selling them on to screw the community into which I wished to be accepted than jump of a cliff!

In fact I still wouldn't do that today almost two years on.

The one thing that really puzzles me here is how you had the perception to work out that this particular coin was worth you spending a lot of money on, yet, at the same time, didn't figure your girlfriend might disapprove! :rolleyes:

Since there has been no limit announced on this commercial coin, I am sure this will be reminted.

Well, I wish they would get going and make more. I feel that even if the market is flooded with this coin... It will always be a very popular coin!!! Of course that's just my way of thinking :rolleyes:

Since there has been no limit announced on this commercial coin, I am sure this will be reminted.

Well, I wish they would get going and make more. I feel that even if the market is flooded with this coin... It will always be a very popular coin!!! Of course that's just my way of thinking :rolleyes:

I would love to have one too. I didn't bother with the blood bath last night, but the truth is that it is a cute coin that I would love to have for my collection.

Does anyone know how much they sold for last night?

I'm not even touching the "who's at fault" saga. I have my own opinion, and that stays with me. However, Hula is so spot on here, I finally have to chime in. Well, and since I've emailed that exact statement more than once today discussing this coin. When did it become your RIGHT to get every coin ever made? :rolleyes: What makes it a collectors token then? The "your" reference in my previous sentence was not directed at any person, rather a general statement at the angst of not getting it.

I know I can remember hammering F5 keys, only to get the big zinger. Guess what I did? I traded for it, and never complained once. That's what the thread at the top of the forums is for, since I think it says "Geocoin Trading". If you missed the coin, it will come up for trade later. If you're dying to get it now, there will be plenty on Ebay. If you don't ever get it, then it will stay at the top of your seeking list, along with Moun10bike version 1, etc.

Now, of course, some people read this and say, well, he only thinks that cuz he got one. Well yes, I did. In fact, I was one of the lucky people who my order in, as well as two friends orders. And, yes, a trader set. But, if you look back in the thread (I didn't look up what page), I believe I said "Don't remint for any reason, and whatever happens, happens". It's actually more comical to watch the scramble and mire in the threads, so I wasn't worried about being first in line to finally get my Moun10bike v2 coin for an FSM set :) Maybe I can get the v1 and v2 set if I wait long enough :)

Nomex, baby, yeah :P

Your right on with this Pete. Post it on your trader lists, hope for the best.

I would love to have one too. I didn't bother with the blood bath last night, but the truth is that it is a cute coin that I would love to have for my collection.

I believe that they were going for $10, if I correctly remember an early post by FSM.

I just wish that C&P had their shopping cart set up so that once an item was in a cart it would stay there. That placing an item in your basket took it out of inventory unless you took it out again yourself. It is just wrong that you can have something taken out of your shopping basket just because you don't pay fast enough! I know that this is possible. I don't understand why it is not so. Would someone from C&P like to explain why, please?

CF30

I would love to explain, but I am sure this post will cause some of the usual angst-posters to post something derogatory, or re-commence on telling people how the world should work again, or all about how they run their own businesses. Personality trends I guess; but I am not going to hold back just because of them.

The situation is that this problem occurred several months ago when the new site first came on line. Our tech guys looked into it and made some adjustments. Then the problem did not resurface; so obviously we thought the problem was fixed. But then last night is resurfaced again. Of course I was not able to go get our web guys out of bed to work diligently all night to satisfy this one sale. However, now knowing the fix that was made several months ago did not do the trick, I have contacted them today to work on it again. I am sorry to several of you that lost you items out of your basket, but only if I were a psychic would I have known that it would be a problem again.

This problem may not get fixed depending on what the tech guys can troubleshoot. There are problems with this new site that were not problems with our old site; and there are problems with the old site that are not problems with the new site. We have been working on fixing a few issues with the site, but it all takes time and some things just can't be fixed no matter how hard they try. I am not a computer guy, I leave that up to the people who went to school for it. So now I wait and see what they can find. It's not like I want upset customers, but sometimes the logitics of some things don't work out when you really need them to. The world is not perfect, but we try as well as we can. That heavy of a demand for the FSM coin was never anticipated based on how other coin sales have been going over the last 6 months.

By the way, last night someone in here posted they emptied thier shopping cart and sent an email asking to be removed form the mailing list because they were upset. We never received an email asking this, so please resend your email so we can get that taken care of right away. There are too many posts to look through to find who it was.

Thank you.

That heavy of a demand for the FSM coin was never anticipated based on how other coin sales have been going over the last 6 months.

This is the only part of this that I still have issues with.

Based on the forum responses to this coin prior to it release you should have realized that this coin would be more in demand than others. By the fourth page there were already 200 posts and early on reminting of this coin was mentioned. Had you even inquired as to how many of coins were wanted you would have seen that even minting 500 may not have been enough.

Team Sand Dollar

I wouldn't take that bet.

My intent was not to flood the market. I'm glad that it was/is popular but I'm not sure about doing any more...

$9.99 I believe.

$9.99 is correct.

I personally think this whole ordeal would quickly die down if FSM would just be forth coming and post if he plans on making more or not. That way, the people who really want one can just go ahead and buy on Ebay or Trade for them if there are no more coming OR they can wait for the next batch if more are on the way.

I think there will be more but by delaying the 'announcement' FSM and others will only make more on Ebay.

I am still looking for a trade for one (as I do collect Geocoins). Have some older coins people might be looking for.

nielsenc

That heavy of a demand for the FSM coin was never anticipated based on how other coin sales have been going over the last 6 months.

This is the only part of this that I still have issues with.

Based on the forum responses to this coin prior to it release you should have realized that this coin would be more in demand than others. By the fourth page there were already 200 posts and early on reminting of this coin was mentioned. Had you even inquired as to how many of coins were wanted you would have seen that even minting 500 may not have been enough.

Team Sand Dollar

...Because people have indicated high demand for other coins and then did not buy. There are also coins that show very little demand and then sell well. It's a tough market to gauge and the forum has historically not been the place which gives accuracy. We stopped doing email inquiries because they started to be ineffective. So no matter what some of you will be unhappy and non-understanding regardless of how it works. Not only that, if the client wants 250 coins, then that is how it is. It is their option to do more or not. We only provide the medium to sell.

It took a while to post this response since the geocaching forums was returning an error for "too many connections". I guess even the big boys have this problem also, so it's not just my site.

Edit spelling

Edited by CoinsAndPins

Forth coming? Wow. I've posted as much information, as early as possible every chance that I have gotten.

If you want to continue to attack my character, I would appreciate it if you could back up those statements with examples (as per the forum guidelines).

I've clearly said that:

1) I am leaning (and always have been) towards not reminting these coins

2) I'm going to let the dust settle down before a final decision

3) Coins and Pins MAY have more for sale after they go through the shipping and re-inventory their supply

4) I'm listing a few on eBay for those who missed the sale, cannot wait, or don't want to fight the rush to buy any extras that MAY be left.

5) I'm hoping to drive prices DOWN on eBay by adding a few more up there (supply versus demand)

6) If SOMEBODY is going to profit from an eBay resale of these, it may as well be me rather than somebody else

I think I've been nothing but forth coming, thank you.

And I'll remind you, from the forum guidelines:

Our moderators are equipped with Kevlar flak jackets and an unlimited supply of admin bricks. Do not attempt to engage them in direct combat.

If you are unhappy with the way I am dealing with things, please feel free to not add this coin to your collection. I'm sure there are others who would be happy to get their hands on the coin in your absence.

Forth coming? Wow. I've posted as much information, as early as possible every chance that I have gotten.

If you want to continue to attack my character, I would appreciate it if you could back up those statements with examples (as per the forum guidelines).

I've clearly said that:

3) Coins and Pins MAY have more for sale after they go through the shipping and re-inventory their supply

4) I'm listing a few on eBay for those who missed the sale, cannot wait, or don't want to fight the rush to buy any extras that MAY be left.

5) I'm hoping to drive prices DOWN on eBay by adding a few more up there (supply versus demand)

6) If SOMEBODY is going to profit from an eBay resale of these, it may as well be me rather than somebody else

I agree, you've been totally upfront. That comment was unwarranted.

I've clearly said that:

And I'll remind you, from the forum guidelines:

Our moderators are equipped with Kevlar flak jackets and an unlimited supply of admin bricks. Do not attempt to engage them in direct combat.

If you are unhappy with the way I am dealing with things, please feel free to not add this coin to your collection. I'm sure there are others who would be happy to get their hands on the coin in your absence.

I am not attacking anyone. Many people here have stated that it is best to discuss coins and give opinions. That is what I did, 'I think' is an opinion, it is what I am thinking. I am giving my opinion. I just think that the best way to slow down all the discussion is to come out and say what the future holds.

Of course, if you dont want to, that is your right too.

And since I do collect all types of geocoins, would be looking to get this one into my collection.

Thanks,

nielsenc

Edited by nielsenc

I've clearly said that:

Ditto !!! to that....

FSM has been more than upfront since the start and agree if anybody should profit it should be FSM.

If FSM choses to remint or not I don't think thats' anybody business but FSM's

All I can say is "WOW!" at this point. I'm seriously burned out on this and every other FSM thread. My mojo can not handle all this negativeness anymore :rolleyes: , so I am not reading any more of these FSM threads. If anyone sees me in here reading, please slap me with a wet noodle. :P

I don't have a coin, looks like I'll never get one, spaghetti will never look the same to me again....

Headed to town to mail off some trades and then off to jump on the trampoline with my niece and nephew. I'm still on this side of the dirt, so Life is Good!

Adios~pastafarians

tsun :)

I've clearly said that:

My thought is that by knowing what is to come, I would better gauge my trade/buys. For example, if 1000 more are coming, it might not warrant a spinning dragon copper LE. If no more are made, it might be that I need to sweeten the pot a little.

I will just wait till the dust settles and see what I can do. I am still open for trades on this.

Thanks

nielsenc

Why I think the FSM coin is different from other geocoins.

Caveat #1, I don’t like posting in angst filled threads and almost sent this as an e-mail the FSM. Then, as requested in post # 24, I decided to leave his inbox “open for actual reports and issues .”

Caveat #2, I was lucky and was able to get some of these, so I have one extra of each metal to trade. (I wasn’t sure until today if I had gotten them as I got a receipt from Paypal but not from C&P). Today I got my shipping notice.

Caveat #3, what follows is simply my opinion as a geocacher, coin enthusiast, and forum member.

Like some others I’m going to skip everything that is in the past and cannot be changed, e.g., if it was possible to know that demand would be so high etc., and focus on what might be done now. As I said above I think the FSM coin is different from other geocoins. I believe that if Atlantagal, YemonYime, Anthus, or Avroair get a coin of made, well it is their coin, period. They have absolute control over how many are made, how they are sold , if they are trackable, tradable etc. They are each indivuals with their own ideas how to make/sell/trade coins, and the rest of us can buy or trade with them, or not. And if Oakcoins, Hogwildstuff, Castle Coins, or Coins and Pins produce a coin, again they control quantity, pricing, purchase limits etc. Each of them has a “business” to run as they see fit. The people behind those entities may also be cachers/coin collectors/forum members, but they can do what they like with their “storefronts;” again the rest of us can choose to buy coins from them or pass on their offerings.

But FSM, you fit into your own category. You are first, foremost and pretty much only, a Moderator of this Forum. The FSM has never found a geocache, nor does he own any. The only trackables you own are a few Volunteer Coins and one of your new “personals.” (I’m not talking about your “alter ego/player account”, as that entity should IMO have NO bearing on this coin.) What I’m saying is that as a Moderator I hold you to a different standard than other forum members. As a Moderator you have certain powers; you can lock threads, send “warnings,” and beat people silly with your noodly appendage. :mad: I believe with those powers also come certain responsibilities. In other words, as a “leader” of this community, I think you “owe” something back to us. And it doesn’t take more than a cursory read of the last 8 pages or so to see that many members of the community were unable to obtain a coin yesterday and would like for you to make more.

Now if you were a “just a forum member” or “just a coin broker” I would say you have every right to ignore the opinions of the community and do as you wish. But as I said above you are not, you are the one and only FSM the only pasta deity around these parts. <_< You said early on in this thread, Post #72 “Contrary to what a handful of people here believe, FSM has always and will continue to be neutral and impartial in respect to moderating duties.” And since this coin came from your Moderating Account, I’m asking you to look at this whole thread with your “neutral and impartial” googly eyes and do what you think is right for the community.

If you like the idea that the coins are in high demand and limited (and IMO it seems you do); the next sentence in Post #72 reads “..these coins will be made available to everyone (quantities not withstanding).” Perhaps you could just re-mint one metal and let the other become the de facto “LE.” And if you want to do something different with the re-mint to avoid further drama, (like take reservations, limit quantities etc.), I’m sure I would not be the only one to volunteer to help you accomplish that.

jrr

Wow, I'm sure that 's my longest forum post by far!

Caveat #1, I don’t like posting in angst filled threads and almost sent this as an e-mail the FSM. Then, as requested in post # 24, I decided to leave his inbox “open for actual reports and issues .”

Caveat #2, I was lucky and was able to get some of these, so I have one extra of each metal to trade. (I wasn’t sure until today if I had gotten them as I got a receipt from Paypal but not from C&P). Today I got my shipping notice.

Caveat #3, what follows is simply my opinion as a geocacher, coin enthusiast, and forum member.

Like some others I’m going to skip everything that is in the past and cannot be changed, e.g., if it was possible to know that demand would be so high etc., and focus on what might be done now. As I said above I think the FSM coin is different from other geocoins. I believe that if Atlantagal, YemonYime, Anthus, or Avroair get a coin of made, well it is their coin, period. They have absolute control over how many are made, how they are sold , if they are trackable, tradable etc. They are each indivuals with their own ideas how to make/sell/trade coins, and the rest of us can buy or trade with them, or not. And if Oakcoins, Hogwildstuff, Castle Coins, or Coins and Pins produce a coin, again they control quantity, pricing, purchase limits etc. Each of them has a “business” to run as they see fit. The people behind those entities may also be cachers/coin collectors/forum members, but they can do what they like with their “storefronts;” again the rest of us can choose to buy coins from them or pass on their offerings.

But FSM, you fit into your own category. You are first, foremost and pretty much only, a Moderator of this Forum. The FSM has never found a geocache, nor does he own any. The only trackables you own are a few Volunteer Coins and one of your new “personals.” (I’m not talking about your “alter ego/player account”, as that entity should IMO have NO bearing on this coin.) What I’m saying is that as a Moderator I hold you to a different standard than other forum members. As a Moderator you have certain powers; you can lock threads, send “warnings,” and beat people silly with your noodly appendage. :mad: I believe with those powers also come certain responsibilities. In other words, as a “leader” of this community, I think you “owe” something back to us. And it doesn’t take more than a cursory read of the last 8 pages or so to see that many members of the community were unable to obtain a coin yesterday and would like for you to make more.

Now if you were a “just a forum member” or “just a coin broker” I would say you have every right to ignore the opinions of the community and do as you wish. But as I said above you are not, you are the one and only FSM the only pasta deity around these parts. <_< You said early on in this thread, Post #72 “Contrary to what a handful of people here believe, FSM has always and will continue to be neutral and impartial in respect to moderating duties.” And since this coin came from your Moderating Account, I’m asking you to look at this whole thread with your “neutral and impartial” googly eyes and do what you think is right for the community.

If you like the idea that the coins are in high demand and limited (and IMO it seems you do); the next sentence in Post #72 reads “..these coins will be made available to everyone (quantities not withstanding).” Perhaps you could just re-mint one metal and let the other become the de facto “LE.” And if you want to do something different with the re-mint to avoid further drama, (like take reservations, limit quantities etc.), I’m sure I would not be the only one to volunteer to help you accomplish that.

jrr

Wow, I'm sure that 's my longest forum post by far!

Compelling argument.

Aye yi yi. 14 pages of angst filled posts. And you all wonder why the C&P server crashed?!?!?!

I just pictured everyone sitting, glued to their monitors, hitting refresh REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH DADGUM IT REFRESH!!!

What can you expect if you overload a server?

I could be wrong, but I don't remember FSM saying that more couldn't be minted. FSM was leaning towards not minting, but hadn't made a decision.

Hey 'Sketti, correct me if I'm wrong. But I think you should consider doing so. The heck with nickel, or copper, make one in Parmesan.

Let's please be civil, it's a coin. The idea that someone received threats sickens me. If it's happening through this site, let me know. It will not be taken lightly.

With some of the reactions taking place over this coin, I'm surprised that the "geocide coin" didn't sell out as well. :D

or the piranha :D

it's frustrating, but yikes!

There weren't many piranhas left the last time I checked. I've been toying with buying more. <_<

I'm not moved to BUY many coins as I prefer to trade. A coin has to be special for me to buy. This coin is special.

I bought the piranhas and the FSMs for their intrinsic coolness and the fact that they are forum centric. I spend a great deal of time here since I basically have a Maytag Repairman type job which affords me time to surf.

I was lucky to get fsm coins in 2 metals and a few extry to trade. :mad:

All I could think of while reading this thread over the last 24 hours was how well Karma hit the nail squarely on the head when she designed the piranha coin. Way to go girl! Now I see what you meant. :mad:

15ab2145-2517-49db-8398-0f028cad7536.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

<snip>

As a Moderator you have certain powers; you can lock threads, send “warnings,” and beat people silly with your noodly appendage. :mad: I believe with those powers also come certain responsibilities. In other words, as a “leader” of this community, I think you “owe” something back to us. And it doesn’t take more than a cursory read of the last 8 pages or so to see that many members of the community were unable to obtain a coin yesterday and would like for you to make more.

<snip>

Thanks for the thoughts. I do appreciate the opinions.

A few things I'll comment on:

1) I'm not sure that I "owe" anything to the community. I think I do give a lot, but I understand your point of view.

2) My comment about being available to everybody was meant in the sense that everybody had a fair shot at them. There was no exclusivity in the sale (and lack of trading).

3) Reminting causes issues any way you slice it. Redoing one metal, lessens the trade value of that metal because there are now more of them. Redoing both does that to both. Doing a NEW metal causes grief in the sense that the same frenzy will occur all over again for the new metal (or so it would seem)

4) Redoing a metal also makes the coins I will have listed on eBay tonight seem like taking advantage of the situation (by potentially collecting a lot of money on these because they are "HTF", and then making more)

Again, it's been less than 24 hours since this whole thing happened and I'm not in a position to make a final decision at this point, but you can see where I stand right now.

Hey 'Sketti, correct me if I'm wrong. But I think you should consider doing so. The heck with nickel, or copper, make one in Parmesan.

Ooh, the PLE (parmesan limited edition)! <_<

A few things I'll comment on:

1) I'm not sure that I "owe" anything to the community. I think I do give a lot, but I understand your point of view.

2) My comment about being available to everybody was meant in the sense that everybody had a fair shot at them. There was no exclusivity in the sale (and lack of trading).

3) Reminting causes issues any way you slice it. Redoing one metal, lessens the trade value of that metal because there are now more of them. Redoing both does that to both. Doing a NEW metal causes grief in the sense that the same frenzy will occur all over again for the new metal (or so it would seem)

4) Redoing a metal also makes the coins I will have listed on eBay tonight seem like taking advantage of the situation (by potentially collecting a lot of money on these because they are "HTF", and then making more)

Again, it's been less than 24 hours since this whole thing happened and I'm not in a position to make a final decision at this point, but you can see where I stand right now.

I typed up a big long emotional response to this, then thought better of it and deleted it. (the piranha coin above reminded me to be nice at all costs, lol)

I will say however, that if you announce NOW that there will be a re-minting, then there won't shouldn't be any issues with #3 or #4.

that is all.

that is all.

Wow! is about all I can say to that....AMEN is what I was going to say about the original post. #2 there, I just don't know how to respond to...everybody had a "fair shot"...I was on the 'puter hitting refresh until those poor cows came home and back and never got to see the coins listed. I don't see how anyone, no matter how near OR far sighted, could think that was a "fair shot".

#3 ????? lessens the trade value....wow, I thought we were trying to give everyone a "fair shot" at a coin...now we are worried about the trade value???

I won't even try to comment about #1 but gosh....how do your fellow moderators/workers/higher ups feel about that??

Wow, is about all I still have to say, maybe I'll rethink my trade post.

The moderators "owe" us a geocoin because THEY moderate the forums?.... huh? <_<

#1) They volunteer their time, ability and effort to keep the forums in line.

#2) They have to listen to everybody whine to them when they feel like they have been mistreated.

#3) They have to take complaints and abuse from geocachers all over the world

#4) They have to, for the most part, keep their own personal opinions to themselves when posting, and keep it "strictly business"

#5) They have to be the "bad guys" and ban you when you can't follow the rules.

So explain to me again how they owe US anything? Nobody here owes anyone else here ANYTHING! So I guess the reviewers owe you a geocoin because you hid a cache? OH and I guess you deserve a Lackey since you log your finds on geocaching.com too huh?

If you think the moderators around here owe you something.... then I think you owe ME for wasting my time reading that! :mad: So get busy minting your own geocoin and send it to me, I'll be waiting and I had better not have to wait long either!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by rasj

The moderators "owe" us a geocoin because THEY moderate the forums?.... huh? <_<

#1) They volunteer their time, ability and effort to keep the forums in line.

#2) They have to listen to everybody whine to them when they feel like they have been mistreated.

#3) They have to take complaints and abuse from geocachers all over the world

#4) They have to, for the most part, keep their own personal opinions to themselves when posting, and keep it "strictly business"

#5) They have to be the "bad guys" and ban you when you can't follow the rules.

So explain to me again how they owe US anything? Nobody here owes anyone else here ANYTHING! So I guess the reviewers owe you a geocoin because you hid a cache? OH and I guess you deserve a Lackey since you log your finds on geocaching.com too huh?

If you think the moderators around here own you something.... then I think you owe ME for wasting my time reading that! :mad: So get busy minting your own geocoin and send it to me, I'll be waiting and I had better not have to wait long either!

WONDERFUL POST!!

Well Said!!! :D