FSM coin

Hmmmm Seems as if I am being flamed here. To set the record straight, I had problems just like everyone else. I waited since 6pm like everyone else, and do to me being lucky and getting my order in I am to be flamed? Where is the reasoning behind that. I didnt score an order of 10 of ech or more. I got enough for me to trade and get some HTF coins I want. I just wasnt aware the gf would get med. I am sorry if anyone wants to take a stance at me and label me as a profiteer, then so be it and I am sorry you feel that way.

I didnt have to post that I would be selling them just to give people another chance to get them, I didnt start the auction at $50, as well as I didnt have to offer any up for trade. So please do not direct your hateful comments at me as I can see no wrong I have done hear, and to be honest being a new collector this saddens me.

No flaming here. You got them and they are yours to do with as you see fit. WTG. I think people are just soured because they thought they had them only to see them disappear.

People just prefer that you wait until you actually have the coin in hand before listing that's all. That's where most of the issue lies.

I also noticed you're using the original picture which is not the same as the finished coin (as stated in the thread), thus kinda mis-representing what you're selling.

Congrats on being one of the lucky ones to get one.

Hmmmm Seems as if I am being flamed here. To set the record straight, I had problems just like everyone else. I waited since 6pm like everyone else, and do to me being lucky and getting my order in I am to be flamed? Where is the reasoning behind that. I didnt score an order of 10 of ech or more. I got enough for me to trade and get some HTF coins I want. I just wasnt aware the gf would get med. I am sorry if anyone wants to take a stance at me and label me as a profiteer, then so be it and I am sorry you feel that way.

I didnt have to post that I would be selling them just to give people another chance to get them, I didnt start the auction at $50, as well as I didnt have to offer any up for trade. So please do not direct your hateful comments at me as I can see no wrong I have done hear, and to be honest being a new collector this saddens me.

You are? Maybe you're just thin-skinned.

You know, it would have been nice if Coins and Pins would have placed a 3 coin max on all orders. As shown by this thread, we all knew that this was going to be popular.

Now people that bought some bought a bunch and made it sell out in under two minutes. Just so that they could re-sell them for more, or trade for hard to get coins.

Re-freakin-diculous

I really want 'sketti now, but I need someone to make it for me. ;) Hey, Allanon, if you start driving now, you could be here by 9. ;):rolleyes::lol:

LOL...

Unfortunately I have to go to work tomorrow...no road trips tonight!

How about in a couple weeks? B)

:lol: Need...homemade....sketti.... B)

I'll see you in a couple weeks. ;):laughing:

Well what do you expect..... You post you got YOUR sizeable order in and will be starting them at $1.00 Looks like your just taunting others here and using your GF as an excuse .....

For fear of being burned at the stake for being lucky, I admit that I did succeed in ordering a couple extra of both the silver and the bronze. I knew they would be highly desired and wanted something appropriate to trade for some of the more rare coins out there that I'd like for my own collection.

If anyone would like to contact me and arrange a trade, my gmail.com username is also 'yumitori'.

Nothin' wrong with getting extras for trading. It used to be this was half the fun it the old days. anxiously awaiting, only to miss it and then have to track down some lucky soul who got extras for just that purpose.

I really only see a problem if you bought a whole bunch with the intention of ebaying them for $50 BIN's.

Well what do you expect..... You post you got YOUR sizeable order in and will be starting them at $1.00 Looks like your just taunting others here and using your GF as an excuse .....

Once again, sorry you feel that way.

Then again, rather than make you happy I think Id rather be able to sleep in my bed tonight.... :laughing:

You know, it would have been nice if Coins and Pins would have placed a 3 coin max on all orders. As shown by this thread, we all knew that this was going to be popular.

Now people that bought some bought a bunch and made it sell out in under two minutes. Just so that they could re-sell them for more, or trade for hard to get coins.

Re-freakin-diculous

Do we actually know that people bought a bunch and this is what happened to all of them? Yes, obviously there were a few who got a sizable order in, but it also looks like there were a lot that got 2-4 of each metal (which seems like a reasonable size order to have for trading). I don't know, so this is an actual question. It would be nice to know if it sold out in 5 orders or 50 though.

Well my persistance has paid off. I actually submitted a pretty good order of each as it was a "heat of the moment" ordeal. Bad news is the girlfriend is not talking to me tonight now after seeing the total of my order. She is demanding that I sell a few on that one place or tw3nty3ight isnt going to have a happy next few weeks. So for those of you that didnt get them they will be up for grabs and ill start them at $1 I wanted ALL of these for myself too. :laughing: But me love my girlfriend.

Good News As of right now I have one of each up for trade. Email offers.

Well, this was fast.

Hmmmm I thought you actually had to have the item in hand to sell it on ebay. I guess I am wrong though......

:laughing: Just another typical sale, lots of hoopla build up and the same results that we have seen before. I don't buy from them but I always pull up a chair for what I know is coming.

Oh, might it also be more than possible that the person doing the most defending has one hand in the companies pocket and a handful of coins in the other that they didn't have to fight the web site for? HMMMM. Me thinks she protests too much? :rolleyes:

For fear of being burned at the stake for being lucky, I admit that I did succeed in ordering a couple extra of both the silver and the bronze. I knew they would be highly desired and wanted something appropriate to trade for some of the more rare coins out there that I'd like for my own collection.

If anyone would like to contact me and arrange a trade, my gmail.com username is also 'yumitori'.

e-mail sent!

Yep, me too.

I'm lookin' for an unactivated GW3 coin and a GW3 Volunteer coin. I'll trade an FSM and a GW4 volunteer coin for those. :laughing:

Edited by Snoogans

I don't like buying newly released coins on ebay...seems like people just buy more to sell for a profit..just gives me a bad feeling in my stomach...I only wanted one for cripes sake...I won't stoop to ebay and I'll trade for one in the future, but I"m not gonna beg...Whatever..it's only a coin....

It's all about the timing...you screwed the pooch.

That made me laugh out loud.

tw3nty3ight, I suspect that generally speaking people don't have trouble with putting a coin on eBay but posting in the middle of a topic filled with angsty cachers who missed out probably wasn't your best move. Good luck with the auction!

tw3nty3ight, I suspect that generally speaking people don't have trouble with putting a coin on eBay but posting in the middle of a topic filled with angsty cachers who missed out probably wasn't your best move. Good luck with the auction!

Agreed and noted , New to all this and was my first purchase like this . Hindsight is 20/20 :laughing:

Well my persistance has paid off. I actually submitted a pretty good order of each as it was a "heat of the moment" ordeal. Bad news is the girlfriend is not talking to me tonight now after seeing the total of my order. She is demanding that I sell a few on that one place or tw3nty3ight isnt going to have a happy next few weeks. So for those of you that didnt get them they will be up for grabs and ill start them at $1 I wanted ALL of these for myself too. :laughing: But me love my girlfriend.

Well, this was fast.

Hmmmm I thought you actually had to have the item in hand to sell it on ebay. I guess I am wrong though......

Actually, this DOES violate ebay rules. You may not presell items you do not have. Also, you are using photographs that are not your own and I am guessing not used with permission.

Personally, I think that it is pretty tacky that you are putting up something that fast on ebay that you do not own yet that a lot of people want. I'm new to coin collecting and I managed to get some GW5 sunburst coins that sold out really fast for trading for some harder to get items. I overspent and my hubby was mad at me, but you don;t see me using him as an excuse for selling them on ebay. I've still got them to trade (PM if interested :rolleyes: ) and plan on doing just that -- swapping them. Sure, they were remade again and aren;t as hard to come by as this one, but I'm not taunting people. You may not see it that way, but a lot of people do.

ETA: And it REALLY does come off as being greedy as you just HAD to get them up and couldn't be bothered to write a proper listing. Just a pic. Nothing else. Nice.

Edited by brumbjorn

Agreed and noted , New to all this and was my first purchase like this . Hindsight is 20/20 :laughing:

Exactly my point from my earlier post...... Not your best move....

Well, this was fast.

Actually, this DOES violate ebay rules. You may not presell items you do not have. Also, you are using photographs that are not your own and I am guessing not used with permission.

Personally, I think that it is pretty tacky that you are putting up something that fast on ebay that you do not own yet that a lot of people want. I'm new to coin collecting and I managed to get some GW5 sunburst coins that sold out really fast for trading for some harder to get items. I overspent and my hubby was mad at me, but you don;t see me using him as an excuse for selling them on ebay. I've still got them to trade (PM if interested :rolleyes: ) and plan on doing just that -- swapping them. Sure, they were remade again and aren;t as hard to come by as this one, but I'm not taunting people. You may not see

it that way, but a lot of people do.

Coin will be in hand before sale is over. Does not violate any rules.

I will have plenty of these up for trade, so once again sorry you feel that way.

Well, this was fast.

Personally, I think that it is pretty tacky that you are putting up something that fast on ebay that you do not own yet that a lot of people want. I'm new to coin collecting and I managed to get some GW5 sunburst coins that sold out really fast for trading for some harder to get items. I overspent and my hubby was mad at me, but you don;t see me using him as an excuse for selling them on ebay. I've still got them to trade (PM if interested :rolleyes: ) and plan on doing just that -- swapping them. Sure, they were remade again and aren;t as hard to come by as this one, but I'm not taunting people. You may not see

I will have plenty of these up for trade, so once again sorry you feel that way.

The use of Somebody else's pictures is a violation......

Well, this was fast.

So how many did you buy?

And, yes, it does violate ebay's listing guidlines, you can read them here

Sellers Terms

I personally don't have a problem with you selling them, but get your facts straight, and as has been said, bragging about it wasn't your best move for sure.

After things were cooling down from the initial flurry (7pm EDT) and no coin in sight, I decided that an FTF was calling. So I headed out, hoping that maybe the coin would be posted when I got back. During my excursion, I came across this image and thought "Uh, oh! This cannot be a good sign!"

be532608-2f51-47b7-88a4-9f95e007ff3a.jpg

I checked my email on my mobile and read the tales of woe. "Must thou taunt me so!", I cried out at the image.

Congrats to the lucky few and condolences to the many. (And condolences to C&P as well: In the heat of...well, whatever heat I was in, I had loaded up my shopping cart with several other coins. But the blood has cooled and amok time is over...)

At least I got the FTF (and a very nifty unactivated 2007 edition San Diego Geocachers coin!) :laughing:

Ta-ta for now. Perhaps we'll do this again sometime. :rolleyes:

Re-freakin-diculous

The decision to not limit these was mine. There are a handful of people in this thread who expressed interest, but nothing that GUARANTEED that 250 coins would sell out. Could I count on the people who posted in here to cover all 250? No. Could I have done pre-orders? Yes, but honestly I didn't want the hassle.

When I saw how quickly they were selling tonight I was hoping that a trading frenzy would follow. What's happened since has really made me sad. :lol:

FSM - Just how much intrest do you need to consider a remint? I don't have anything worthwhile to trade, and really don't want to pay the $$$ it'll sell for on ebay. :laughing:

I don't know, it's too early too tell. And based on what I'm seeing, I'm not sure I want to. :lol: There's no way to make everybody happy and right now I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth over this whole thing.

:rolleyes: Just another typical sale, lots of hoopla build up and the same results that we have seen before. I don't buy from them but I always pull up a chair for what I know is coming.

Oh, might it also be more than possible that the person doing the most defending has one hand in the companies pocket and a handful of coins in the other that they didn't have to fight the web site for? HMMMM. Me thinks she protests too much? ;)

This may carry more weight if you posted from your normal account. As a reminder, sock puppets are not allowed.

After things were cooling down from the initial flurry (7pm EDT) and no coin in sight, I decided that an FTF was calling. So I headed out, hoping that maybe the coin would be posted when I got back. During my excursion, I came across this image and thought "Uh, oh! This cannot be a good sign!"

be532608-2f51-47b7-88a4-9f95e007ff3a.jpg

I checked my email on my mobile and read the tales of woe. "Must thou taunt me so!", I cried out at the image.

Congrats to the lucky few and condolences to the many. (And condolences to C&P as well: In the heat of...well, whatever heat I was in, I had loaded up my shopping cart with several other coins. But the blood has cooled and amok time is over...)

At least I got the FTF (and a very nifty unactivated 2007 edition San Diego Geocachers coin!) ;)

Ta-ta for now. Perhaps we'll do this again sometime. ;)

This was the best post I've come home to read. That is awesome!

Contact me offline and I'll be happy to sell you one of mine. I commend you for taking this in stride. It's just a coin, and I'm happy to see that amongst the angst that you were able to put this into perspective.

Congrats on the FTF and that's a cool pic!

Did they sell out?? I was at work and didn't get a chance to get online until just now... :laughing:

Guess that was a dumb question. I'd be willing to buy one if anyone got extras, but I will not pay and extraordinary amount of money for it. Please email me if you're interested. Thanks!

Edited by The Blind Acorn

When I saw how quickly they were selling tonight I was hoping that a trading frenzy would follow. What's happened since has really made me sad. :laughing:

Sketty Mon, I'm deeply sorry that this should have turned out to be a bummer for you.

Your modesty that the coin would not sell well totally juxtaposed with the frenzy this coin created and what should have been a joyous event seems to have backfired. I hope that the post frenzy adrenaline will dissipate, that Aaron finds another box of coins under the desk and is able to refill those empty shopping carts and you can walk away feeling a bit more complimented by this effort. Thanks for your efforts to calm the storm.

ETA: I have an extra set of FSMs coming I would be willing to trade for a pair of Dragon Spinners (s & ac or ag)

Edited by Droo
Hail to the coin snatchers!!!!!!!...Last I remember of this is when The first 100 evil micros came out and i got 2 sets...I ended up givin one of em der Glows to Chelmo and since then we have been great friends~~~Anyone wanna be my friend??? :laughing: ...Or at least a friend to Damenace!!! ;)B)B)

I was supposed to grab him one set and miserably failed in the process! ;) ......AAAAAAAAH, I also told Chelmo Id try to have his back...and we all know how much he wanted one!!! :lol:

I managed to cover Team Chelmo on this one (for the bronze, at least) - so you're off the hook for that ;)

I'll be your friend - I've flicked you an email for trading. :lol:

Now I just need to get an Antique Silver - for him and me both! :rolleyes:

Hail to the coin snatchers!!!!!!!...Last I remember of this is when The first 100 evil micros came out and i got 2 sets...I ended up givin one of em der Glows to Chelmo and since then we have been great friends~~~Anyone wanna be my friend??? :laughing: ...Or at least a friend to Damenace!!! :lol::lol:;)

I was supposed to grab him one set and miserably failed in the process! :rolleyes: ......AAAAAAAAH, I also told Chelmo Id try to have his back...and we all know how much he wanted one!!! ;)

Thank you for trying, it is appreciated ;) !

Congrats to those who did get the coins. I hope those that aer angry and bitter about missing out can put in in perspective soon enough. I would love to get one, but i'm not losing sleep over it. As for those who bought a few to do whatever with, good on ya! You had to work with the same system, burps and all, to make your purchases.

I really hope anyone who fired off angry emails, etc to some of those who were successful are big enough to wake up tomorrow and send another email of apology.

Do we all need to join hands and sing Kumbaya?

I just wish that C&P had their shopping cart set up so that once an item was in a cart it would stay there. That placing an item in your basket took it out of inventory unless you took it out again yourself. It is just wrong that you can have something taken out of your shopping basket just because you don't pay fast enough! I know that this is possible. I don't understand why it is not so. Would someone from C&P like to explain why, please?

CF30

Boy, That got heated while I was gone!...I thought it was kinda fun :lol: ~

We went off to find a Mystery that I DNFed before and got back to find my door locked with my keys in there! It was 3:50, 6:50PM Eastern, so the show was about to begin! A customer came by just before and I space it and closed the door!

Then I had my buddies 15 minute startup Oldschool Thinkpad that was almost out of juice! ;) ...I managed to get on only to countless Server problems, Then POOF...Outa Juice!

Off I drove to my Buds house where his 10 year old boy was watchin a movie...Booted him off (hes always excited about stuff I got goin on, so it wasnt hard ;) ) Told him what was up, got on found out it hadnt even started by 4:40!...Whew!

He was saying so your after the sketti coin?, and even helped pick out the smilies to use on my posts! ;) When the thing went, he was just as amazed as I was...It was funny :lol: After explaining what had happened, he was like "Whoa" :laughing:

I had to take off to I find my partner to grab a key so I could rescue my poor doggies that left me The Real Deal Crappy Cache Award awaiting for me!!! B):rolleyes:

Well, morning and still nothing new...my hopes of seeing these reposted are gone! I'm really hoping at this point that someone will take pity on an old man with very sore fingers and help me out with a coin of ANY metal...I love this coin (gee, guess I'm not alone there).

FSM...sorry this turned out bad for you, not your fault (except for the fact that you miserably underestimated your popularity on this one :P:rolleyes::) ...but who'd have thunk it?).

Being one that sat in front of the computer more than 2 hours before sales started with my C & P page opened and refreshed every 10 minutes (in case of an early start...missed there didn't I), I am almost as disappointed as you must be! I was on the site right up until 11:30 last night...yes, even though I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to get the greens mown by 6:30...outing today...hope the "pilot error" on hole # 3 grows back in fast, my eyes closed only for a second!

I'm taking a quick break and then back to my work!

Sad that some have turned to viciousness over a coin. I do wish everyone had had a chance to get one, but am glad to see that the coin craze is still alive and kicking...it WAS a personal coin too!!!! Crongrats to those that were lucky enough to snag some, and to you FSM for having THE coin everyone will be talking about for some time coming!! 3 threads about this last night...wow!! And y'all should lighten up on Tw3nty3ight...

First let me say that I knew that this coin would be a feeding frenzy so I didn't even try. I decided to take my chances with a trade or second release if there is one, as no coin is worth this much trouble. Plus I never have any luck with the C&P site and it alway takes for ever to get through it..

Do however place all the blame for the problems on C&P. They have been doing this long enough to know how well this coin would sell. They could have easily taken a pre-sell on this one and been able to provide enough coin to satisfy all requests. But they continue to do business as usual and only produce a limited number of coins. This pattern has been repeated many times such as when they release a Compass Rose coin

Team Sand Dollar

First let me say that I knew that this coin would be a feeding frenzy so I didn't even try. I decided to take my chances with a trade or second release if there is one, as no coin is worth this much trouble. Plus I never have any luck with the C&P site and it alway takes for ever to get through it..

Do however place all the blame for the problems on C&P. They have been doing this long enough to know how well this coin would sell. They could have easily taken a pre-sell on this one and been able to provide enough coin to satisfy all requests. But they continue to do business as usual and only produce a limited number of coins. This pattern has been repeated many times such as when they release a Compass Rose coin

Team Sand Dollar

I don't think I'd blame them for FSM's modesty or underestimation of love from the community :rolleyes:

This doesn't happen all of the time, just when a really desired coin comes out and we all swamp the site. I'm sure it's not worth the cost of an upgrade for one coin every 8 months. It's frustrating but it's just a coin.

Of course, however, if FSM is keeping track: put me on the list of folks who missed out and really hope you do a second run.

Team Sand Dollar

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Ummm.... I think you missed the post by FSM. It was not C&P's decision at all. FSM made the decision to NOT pre sell, and to only mint 250 coins. Now, if you went to the mint with a coin, and told them that this is your personal coin, and you did not want to pre-sell, and only wanted 250 made, but the vendor just went all willy nilly and did the exact opposite, would you do business with them again? Probably not. FSM made a coin, made the decision on how it is to be sold, and C&P did exactly what was asked of them. So people... PLEASE stop trying to balme to coin vendor because you didn't get a coin. Don't blame FSM either for that matter. Keep in mind that no one had the right to buy the coin, just the privledge of being able to try and get one. Just have a little patience, give FSM some time here... he may just have another round minted, but if everyone keeps acting childish about it, there may never be any more made.

Just my $.02

Okay okay, yes I'm a newbie to caching and yes a virgin coin collector :rolleyes:

But the way I see it is, this moment in time was to be one of celebration and wonderment for FSM, and NOT spitefulness or debate etc.

What's done is done, can it all move on now and let FSM actually ENJOY having his coin released into the world, instead of being made to feeling guilty and the cause of a fracas??? :)

IN PERSPECTIVE - IT'S A COIN, a very very nice coin of course, but a COIN :P

:rolleyes: Just another typical sale, lots of hoopla build up and the same results that we have seen before. I don't buy from them but I always pull up a chair for what I know is coming.

Oh, might it also be more than possible that the person doing the most defending has one hand in the companies pocket and a handful of coins in the other that they didn't have to fight the web site for? HMMMM. Me thinks she protests too much? :P

Certainly a sock puppet post, but a good point nonetheless.

Put me down as temporarily frustrated, but not blowing up. I wanted to get a couple for some friends as well as myself, and ended up with none. It's a really nifty coin, but I didn't get it. Oh well, I'll move on and perhaps down the line I'll release my own coin that someone will want to trade an FSM coin for.

I understand being nervous and unsure of the reception, but I do believe that the signs were there that this would be VERY popular. This is why I stated much earlier in the thread to keep the option open for more. Thoughts to keep in mind for next time. No blame here.

Team Sand Dollar

I agree with this. I did not even try to get a coin I was headed to Savannah for the night.

While it is not C&P fault the coin sold out or that FSM only made 250 or that FSM chose to not limit the number bought per person or that FSM did not want pre-sales. There are some things that are C&P fault. The whole shopping cart issue is huge. I have had it happen to me on other coins at C&P in the past and it is just wrong. The fact that the website did not have the inventory loaded and they can only post that they have no idea when the coins will be for sale. (what time is after dinner)

Not a very good way to run a business. We run a business and would never treat our customers in this way. An informed customer is a happy customer..even if the information is not really what the customer wanted to hear.

Lack of information seems to be a trend with C&P. They should have posted the website had issues and the coin inventory could not load and the coins will be for sale at ??? time on ??? day.