FSM coin

Wow, lot's of assumptions being made here.

Contrary to what a handful of people here believe, FSM has always and will continue to be neutral and impartial in respect to moderating duties. In that spirit, and being a member of the community these coins will be made available to everyone (quantities not withstanding).

More to come soon. :rolleyes:

that's the spirit! I can't see the last post BTW so have no idea if this is now for pre-sale or what. Would like 2 please if they are for sale with one to make it's way home from USA - it will be neat to see these in circulation (ahem failed miserably to let go of our new tankhounds coin to travel home cachewise after long struggle with the inner Gollum)

I'll be at the bash too. Would someone like to trade?

LOL there is going to be a higher than usual amount of coin buying just to cover the friends caught at the MWGB.

Still Coins and Pins has generally sent subscribers notice of upcoming new new sales about 3 days or more in advance. As yet not such newsletter has been issued. One can possibly assume they'll hold off until after the megaevent. So if you're going look for Aaron's newsletter and tie a string around your finger to remind you of the date and time to go to town and log in at the nearest Internet cafe. :D:rolleyes:

I know I am behind the times but I don't own a laptop. I actually would rather trade too. So if anyone wants to get an extra and trade me let me know. I may not get the newsletter as I am leaving in a little over 36 hours......

Latest updates:

First, the icon has changed. The icon for this coin will be:

fsmbigddbbc5gq5.png

Second, the coins are in!

I actually have my copper version in hand as well as my small supply of the silver and gold (all antique).

The icon has been sent to Groundspeak to load, so that portion is in their hands now. It will be up when they do their next upload (don't ask me when that is, I have no idea).

The coins will be on sale sometime in the next 72 hours or so, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I'm not being purposely cryptic, that's just what I know :ninja:

As soon as the icon goes live, I'll be setting some of mine free to travel the world. Hope to see more out there moving along.

Who knows, maybe I'll even get inspired and to a contest for a copper version in a few weeks.

Have a good weekend everybody, and play nice!

straight from the woot-off to the FSM geocoin rush... what a weekend this is turning out to be! :)

can someone please pass the red bull?

I see I'm not the only one frantically refreshing those two sites. and now the cable modem went out I'm having to do this with my Blackjack :ninja:

I don't want everybody sitting around all night hammering their F5 key. I really don't expect that these will be ready until Sunday/Monday - but I'm not in constant communication with C&P either (nor do I want to be).

I would say it's safe to say that Monday is the most likely, folks.

Please don't hammer them with emails, as they are working and have lives, too.

In my mind, this is just a coin and doesn't warrant a life-change to ensure the receipt of one. But then again I already have mine so I suppose that's easier for me to say.

Maybe I should update my post to say that it's likely to go on sale in 72 hours, rather than within 72 hours.

I'm trying to give out as much information as possible, but at the same time it's not 100% clear.

I would really feel bad is somebody spent all weekend near their computer only to have these go on sale Monday - having their whole weekend wasted and a bloody stump where their index finger was from refreshing their browser.

In the end, the decision is yours, but I would say that Monday is the most likely.*

* The FSM makes no gaurantees that this is accurate. Things happen. Websites crash, people get in accidents, have work emergencies, drink too much, and sleep late. Sometimes the moon is full and things go wonky. All of these things can affect when these coins go on sale, and although I control many things, this is one that I cannot control. I blame this, as well as many other things, on the decreasing number of pirates alive today - but that's another thread.

I agree... you all go on about your business. There's no need to stay by your computer all weekend. Go on.. go out, have fun! It's just a coin afterall. I tell you what. You guys go ahead and do what ever it is you have to do. Mow the lawn, take the kids to see a movie. I'll volunteer to stay around and keep an eye on things. If I see the coins go up, I will give you a call. Fair enough?

(muahahahahahaha)

Are we there yet :unsure:

No, but I think your record is broken! :(

Twasn't me... Twas Donkey!!! :P

All right, you're going the right way for a smack bottom.

That'll do, Donkey. That'll do.

Must go and check C&P and make sure they've not snuck them on...

Edited by keewee

Now that the date/time is out, I'll reiterate my offer. If anyone is unavailable to buy their coins, I'd be glad to get them for you (or at least attempt to get through). I'm buying the FSM coins for one other, and the Earth Turtles for one other. Plenty of room left in my PayPal/CC account! Just contact me through my profile.

Well I am heqading out to go fishing at 05:00. I am not sure I will be back in time to get on to the site. I would be more than happy to Paypal anyone that can pick me up a set.

Anyone care to assist?

I think I will be around and plan on picking up a few extras just for this reason...at least I hope im around!

Edit to add...Good Luck Fishin...I got 2 in MO you can see em on Dardevle TB...Dont laugh!

Edited by 007BigD