FSM coin

More info:

There will be the following quantities of metals minted:

- 135 antique silver

- 135 antique gold

- 30 antique copper

300 total

125 of antique silver & antique gold will be available and up for grabs.

Very nice looking coin I sure hope to be able to add one to my collection

I know you have to draw a number some where, but if you want everyone to have a chance to get one why only 250 coins? Is there a chance of having a 1 coin limit per address so everyone has a chance at this mad dash that is going to occur?

People keep mentioning C & P as the minter, please tell me their server has been upgraded to handle the traffic?

Honestly? Because many personal coins are not selling well these days. I don't know what to expect and am hedging my bets. Yes, there have been a lot of posts so far wanting a coin via sale or trade, but I'm not sure that I've seen 125 people say they each want two coins (you get my meaning).

I'd buy a few more than just 1, thats for sure!

I'd be in for a couple of each.

Well, I need at least 2, one for each of the kids' collections! Otherwise, there will be a lot of whining and crying from the one who doesn't get one. And, I wouldn't mind having one for myself! :ph34r:

Well, I need one for me and one for Ms. LLOT and one for each of the cats and then there are the fish... :ph34r:

Seriously, though, I'll be very happy if I can get at least one... :ph34r:

This sounds like it is going to be a scene reminiscent of trying to get tickets to a playoff game in the finals or to get front row seats to a rock concert! :ph34r:

Well, at least it will be like that if the on-sale date/time is known in advance, unlike some coin sales that seem to just show up unannounced when the minter decides to unload extras. :ph34r:

Mr or Mrs FSM noodley person? :angry:

Would you take 3 sets (12 coins each) of my smashed coins for one of your coins. :angry::angry:

I normally only trade one or two sets depending on the coin, but I reeeeeeally like yours. I'll do a set in copper, a set in nickel, and a set on nifty foreign coins like you see here. Those three sets (36) coins would net no less than $40 on ebay and possibly much more.

09d1af12-d32e-4a77-a82b-df6ebb76ffba.jpg

78e05ab7-bd43-4c40-9ee5-9490e39b30f6.jpg

3f01fe38-72f4-4b90-b831-bb8c402b15f2.jpg

6ce45174-b892-4689-a74b-d0d4561b17b6.jpg

The name of my business is a play on that backside image: PRESS Your Luck!

That's just what I had in my pocket. I have 10 more designs and 1 different backside image.

I may try for a 13th coin using the 2 backside images.

Edited by Snoogans

More info:

There will be the following quantities of metals minted:

- 135 antique silver

- 135 antique gold

- 30 antique copper

300 total

125 of antique silver & antique gold will be available and up for grabs.

Very nice looking coin I sure hope to be able to add one to my collection

That's about what I'm looking at, perhaps 3 of each, depending on price.

So....a number of people have mentioned that they are concerned about these running out quickly.

If that happens, I'd like to poll the community here to see what they would prefer:

1) Remint more of the same metals; OR

2) Do a run in a new metal

Thoughts? Again, I'm not sure that these will sell out quickly....but if they do I suppose I should be prepared accordingly.

- Sketti

Remint more of the same metal.

As you can see--people are going to order multiples of each metal. If you add a new metal, people are going to do the same thing. If a reminting is possible, maybe more folks will just buy one or two for their collections and not extras to trade/sell.

I'd go with the same metal(s) --if not, then you'd just be back to guessing how many is "enough without being too much" all over again. If you stick with the same metal(s), you'll have at least some idea how many people have already said "Oh, I wanted one, too"

So....a number of people have mentioned that they are concerned about these running out quickly.

If that happens, I'd like to poll the community here to see what they would prefer:

Thoughts? Again, I'm not sure that these will sell out quickly....but if they do I suppose I should be prepared accordingly.

- Sketti

One way to know how many you need is to run a presale. Many of us would not have a problem with paying early for this coin and you will have a better idea of how many you will need.

Another option is to just take a preorder list. Then when these become available, provide a password to order the coins to those on the preorder list before opening up orders to the general public.

As many expressed this coin will sell more than the average number of coins.

On another note if there are coins that you are interested in trading for you should set those trades up early so you will get the coins you want. Don't worry about wanting one persons coin over another's. We all have difference preferences when it comes to the coins we collect.

Team Sand Dollar

I'd vote for same metals if a new batch of coins has to be minted to meet demand.

On a side note, I'd order a few more if the meatballs had a more natural looking textured appearance, versus the sample's look of polished metal ping-pong balls in a flying cloud of pasta. ;)

I'm up for 3 of each. I want some for gifts to people who would appreciate them.

I'm going to have to agree that same metal would probably be the way to go, but I also think reserving the right to do another metal at a later date would be a good idea.

I'm up for 3 of each. I want some for gifts to people who would appreciate them.

I'm going to have to agree that same metal would probably be the way to go, but I also think reserving the right to do another metal at a later date would be a good idea.

I voted to do remints in the same metal, but I agree with Th4tGuy, reserve the right to do another metal, too.

Same metals, new metals... tough decision. I'm always up for a different finish - if it looks good, that is. Your coin looks great in antiques finishes. I don't think it would have the same "impact" in a shiny finish but a satin finish would work ok. The same metals would be simpler but a new finish would sell more coins to collectors who are interested in getting the "whole set".

All that being said I would loooooooove to get me grubby paws on the antique copper :D version of your coin...... but I also understand having a finish that is all mine to do with as I please - not for sale at any price (at least not by me). I have one of those, myself. ;)

CF30

P.S. Could this coin win the "Most Anticipated" award??? :D

fsmfrontvu3.jpg

fsmbackng3.jpg

I like this coin right here.

Why not do the second run all like that on and chuk the other 2 metals?

It woud set the 2 mintings apart.

I honestly don't care what you do, but a way to distinguish between the 2 mintings would be a good idea in my mind. Your own mileage may vary. :o

I love the silver too; but different people have different preferences so I wouldn't drop the other metals!

For me, I'd be happy to get any metal I could get my hands on, but I don't generally buy more than one of a given coin; a lot of people who buy one of each of the initial run might however buy up all of a new metal; but I'm sure there are just as many people out there who want one as who want one of each so it just might even out in the end. I guess the short answer is I have no idea.

I'd just prefer a silver coin to any other metal; but would certainly prefer any metal to no coin :o

I just want one...I know that many many people buy multiple coins, but I just like to collect one of a design that I like...in a good looking metal...so I guess I don't care what metal it's in as long as it looks good....so in advance for anyone that buys 20 of these babies...can I trade for one? :signalviolin:

I like this coin right here.

Why not do the second run all like that on and chuk the other 2 metals?

It woud set the 2 mintings apart.

I honestly don't care what you do, but a way to distinguish between the 2 mintings would be a good idea in my mind. Your own mileage may vary. :laughing:

Second minting in different metals does not work! (At least not if it is to satisfy demand that is)

Consider this - The whole reason for a second minting (certainly in this instance) is so that those who missed out on the coins the first time round can have a chance to get some. If you do the second minting in different metals then they are again unique coins (like those in the first minting) and all those who bought coins the first time around will again rush in and snap up the coins from the second minting and again people miss out. Maybe not all the same people, but certainly some of them will be.

A second minting *must* be in the same metals as the first if they are to be part of the same coin release, but the person having them minted must be upfront from the start about the fact that there may be a second minting of the same metals. If there was an additional different metal in the second solely for another purpose (like for trades only) then I don't see that as such an issue.

Anyway, thats my thoughts on the matter, and why I think that. <_<

Edited by keewee01

- Sketti

Remint same metals...

aside from that, i want one Ant. Silver!! just one, and hopefully i don't miss out <_<

Alright.

What I will say at this point is that I reserve the right to mint more coins either in the same metal, or in a different finish IF there is sufficient demand. This means an overwhelming response of people that didn't get the coin, but wanted one. This doesn't mean that 5 people who missed out on the coin will generate another run :laughing:

I'm hoping the coin will be ready to sell in two weeks or less.

Some people have mentioned it and others have asked: yes, Coins and Pins will be handling the sale of my coin.

Pricing to come...

NOTE: I have not decided for a remint. Part of the fun in collecting coins is getting the hard to get ones through trades, etc. Making enough coins for everybody to have one upfront takes away some of the fun IMO.