MapSource, GSAK, EasyGPS

jfabes

I just picked up a garmin GPSMap 60CSx along with city navigator NT8 and the newest US topo version on order. Now I have had the unit for a few days and messed around with it a little and it seems great so far. Maybe somewhat of a newbie question and didnt really find an answer using the search query here so figured I would ask you all.

Basically what the heck is the difference between the mapsource waypoint softare, EasyGPS, and GSAK? I recently downloaded GSAK and EasyGPS but havent messed around with them enough to figure out what those two programs do that the mapsource software wont do.

Welcome to the Forums! :D

Before I learned how to use GSAK, I used EasyGPS to load the waypoints into my GPSr. Once I became a Premium Member, and could get pocket queries, I found how useful GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) was. There is other software available, but GSAK on my PC, and Cachemate on my Palm M500 has been a great combination for "paperless" caching. :D

I Export from GSAK for my Mapsource Maps so I can see where the caches are located. GSAK is a very useful program, although a bit daunting to learn in the beginning . . . :D