Error in Map mode

kstreich

I get the following messgae when viewing maps and no cache names appear when Identifing.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/map/maplib.asp, line 191

Any ideas how to clear the error?

Thanks in advance.

Kstreich

I was really hoping someone could help me. Groundspeak people closed the case stating it may be an issue. Here is their quote....

Hello,

Thank you for writing us. Since the update to our site, this feature does have some bugs and we are aware of them. Our development team is looking into it. In the meantime, you may wish to post to our forums.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8

Eric

Groundspeak, Inc.

Ticket Details

===================

Ticket ID: KZP-638947

Department: Geocaching

Priority: Low

Seems like there are problems and no one can help me. I was hoping someone here could enlighten me to a work around.

btw, I loaded foxfire with the same results.

Keith

I get the following messgae when viewing maps and no cache names appear when Identifing.

Permission denied

Thanks in advance.

Kstreich

You need to be a bit more detailed than "when viewing maps and no cache names appear when Identifing". How about specific URLs and specific actions that cause the error.

(And I've never heard of a VBScript error on GC.com. Have you scanned your system for adware? That would be my bet.)

Typicaly when one clicks indenify and click the map, the map will ballon out the nearest names and give those names below the map as a link to the cache page. Now I just get the mentioned vscript error. The adware might be the problem and I will give it a try tommorrow. Thanks for your help.

This error has been happening for a couple of weeks now... The old style maps are the primary method I use to quickly scan for and browse new caches in my area... If they could be fixed that would be great. For anyone not sure what the problem is try going http://www.geocaching.com/map/ME.asp or any other state's .asp page and you'll see the VBScript error at the bottom of the page where the cache info normally would appear. Thanks,

R&T

I was begining to think this was just me. I always used this method to locate caches to places where I was going, seemed quick. Maybe there is another better way since there have not been many complaints or since this error has continued for weeks.

Just thought I'd keep this one alive a bit longer. Found a work around. I finally noticed the google maps option. Works great, maybe better than geocaching maps. That's all I wanted, to get a caches information via a map mode. Keep up the changes (for the better). Changes are hard to accept for most people. As long as improvements are done, people will change in the long run.

Permission denied

Thanks in advance.

Kstreich

Has anyone found a solution to the map error problem?

I have the same problem with the same error message.

This has been the best method for finding caches in an area for the type of Geocaching we do. I would be willing to pay premium membership for this feature.