How To Find New Travel Bugs

ponderosafish

Well finding Travel Bugs is easy enough, figuring out which one might be one you'd like to move is a bit trickier.

You can either do a search for your nearest caches and look for a travel or coin image next to the cache listing or as a premium member you can run what's called a Pocket Query. The Pocket Query has an option to show just caches with Travel Bugs.

Once you find a cache you are still going to have to view each bug page to find the mission/goal and size.

You could use the Travel Bug advanced search page to do a keyword search on the descriptions, goals and names of travel bugs. Unfortunately, that does nothing to narrow things down to your local area.

Well finding Travel Bugs is easy enough, figuring out which one might be one you'd like to move is a bit trickier.

You can either do a search for your nearest caches and look for a travel or coin image next to the cache listing or as a premium member you can run what's called a Pocket Query. The Pocket Query has an option to show just caches with Travel Bugs.

Once you find a cache you are still going to have to view each bug page to find the mission/goal and size.

You could use the Travel Bug advanced search page to do a keyword search on the descriptions, goals and names of travel bugs. Unfortunately, that does nothing to narrow things down to your local area.

I'm new to this exciting game/adventure. I don't know how/where to find go travel bugs. I want unique, not-too-big objects. Where do you all find them? :laughing:

ponderosafish

Are you asking for how to find a TB that someone else has released? If so, other cachers have explained, but please remember that you're not supposed to keep those, you pick them up from one cache and put them in another, hopefully helping them along with their "mission". Of course you log all this activity on the geocaching.com site.

OR

Are you asking for where to find things to attach to the travel bug tags that Groundspeak sells?

If that's the case, I used stuff I already had. Two LEGO keychains in my case, but any keychains would work...or anything that you can attach a beaded chain to. Don't use anything that you wouldn't put in a cache: no food, no knives, no weapons...