New Toy

Hey all please don't bother saying don't. Because We just bought a Garmin GPSMAP60CSX. But I would really like those who have bought them to give me your honest opinion. I was on the ETRAX legend before and I really hope this is a good upgrade.

Like going from a VW Beetle to a Cadillac.

Make good use of the Geocaching mode.

If you also have the mapping software - be sure to put the routable mapping to work.

What they said. I upgraded a year ago from an eTrex vista to the GPSmap 60CSx and kicked myself for not doing it sooner. It's the Precious.

Hey all please don't bother saying don't. Because We just bought a Garmin GPSMAP60CSX. But I would really like those who have bought them to give me your honest opinion. I was on the ETRAX legend before and I really hope this is a good upgrade.

That's the exact same upgrade I made this year...Legend to 60CSx. Unbelievable difference! Enjoy!

Now...protect that jewel with this. You won't regret it.

The 60CSx is my seventh GPS, and best by far! Excellent choice!

I assume you mean EasyGPS, as EasyGPSW is history. I haven't used it, played with it a bit, GeoBuddy looks sort of interesting, but I use Garmin MapSource for maps on the GPS, GSAK to load it, and CacheMate to load the listing pages to a PDA.

Quick, simple, reliable, powerful and cheap, my favorite attributes for software!

It's a good choice. I don't have one, but I have already deemed it to be my next GPSr. Unfortunatley, I can't justify it since I only bought my Garmin vista two months ago. Love the Vista, but would love to have a better signal when in the woods. It's amazing how when in a parking lot, I usually and quickly get an accuracy of 16 to 20 feet, yet as soon as I step into the woods (with light tree cover), it drops to 30 to 40. Occasionally it gets better, but only for very short periods. At least I also don't have to do the drunken bee dance. I think the electronic compass is very good. Those that complain I think have not calibrated it.

It's a good choice. I don't have one, but I have already deemed it to be my next GPSr. Unfortunatley, I can't justify it since I only bought my Garmin vista two months ago. Love the Vista, but would love to have a better signal when in the woods. It's amazing how when in a parking lot, I usually and quickly get an accuracy of 16 to 20 feet, yet as soon as I step into the woods (with light tree cover), it drops to 30 to 40. Occasionally it gets better, but only for very short periods. At least I also don't have to do the drunken bee dance. I think the electronic compass is very good. Those that complain I think have not calibrated it.

Thanks I have heard the same thing

Would you upgrade your Palm?

I think the best PDA for caching is one that can be replaced for $20 on Ebay. Even the lowliest of Palms will still hold gazillions of .gpx files.

Thanks and I have more then one that will do that. I am a retired salesman who always stayed in touch. So they will be my trials. I just looked and you are also a Floridian. I was brought up in the Orlando. And your area was my old stomping grounds. From Altamonte to Daytona. From the back trails of Orla Vista to the Sugarmills of Edgewater.

Would you upgrade your Palm?

I think the best PDA for caching is one that can be replaced for $20 on Ebay. Even the lowliest of Palms will still hold gazillions of .gpx files.

Yup, replacing a cheap Palm costs less than the deductible to replace a much more expensive PDA if you fall on it . . . :D