MicroSD Card Problem

SAPD

Some time back I purchased a Garmin 76CSx. The unit came with a 128 MB SanDisk MicroSD card installed and when it arrived I unlocked CN8 to it. I loaded my local area from CN8 and Topo so that I could try out the unit, pending the arrival of the 1 GB card I had also ordered. When the 1 GB card arrived I put it in the 76CSx and uploaded the mapsets I wanted, putting the 128 MG card away. I later ordered a Legend Cx to use on my bike. When it arrived I used my second unlock code with it and uploaded a mapset to the included 64 MB card to test it out; everything works fine. So, I decided since I am using the Legend locally and do not need a lot of mapspace I will put the 128 MB from the 76 CSx in and that should be sufficient space. When I load the needed mapsets onto the 128 MB card and put it in the Legend it does not work; when I zoom in I get no local streets or topo info. I removed the card from the Legend and put it in the 76 and the maps I loaded show up. I reformatted the card and tried again with the same results, does not work in the Legend but works in the 76. Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a fix? I know I can just buy a new card for under $20.00 and if that is the only answer then I will go that route but I would like to be able to use this card if possible. Thanks for any help.

The card should not be the issue. What are you programming it through, the 76, the legend, or a card reader? You have to transfer the mapsets into the legend rather than the 76, and a card-reader may even write the 76 unlock codes. Try putting the 128 into the legend, plugging that into your computer, and transferring from mapsource right to the device.

The card should not be the issue. What are you programming it through, the 76, the legend, or a card reader? You have to transfer the mapsets into the legend rather than the 76, and a card-reader may even write the 76 unlock codes. Try putting the 128 into the legend, plugging that into your computer, and transferring from mapsource right to the device.

I have tried transfering the maps via the Legend Cx and via the card reader with the same negative results. I have even tried formating the card several diffent ways without effect. Any other ideas?