What is the best GPS for geocaching?

Garmin is the Microsoft of the GPS world. The 800-pound gorilla. Take that in any way you want.

Just because they're popular doesn't mean that they're universally the best.

The best GPS for geocaching is the one in your hand, provided you know how to operate it. That's really what it boils down to.

You're asking a purely subjective question, and all you're going to get is opinions. What works for one person may not work for you.

You're asking a purely subjective question, and all you're going to get is opinions. What works for one person may not work for you.

FYI, this is a 3 year old thread and the original question.....is 3 years old......

And yet my statement still holds true.

If it's really a problem that people are replying to very old threads (and I'm not the one who resurrected this one), just ask a moderator close the thread.

I have a Garmin E-Trex and I like it but I would love one that outputs NMEA and 1PPS. Not a requirement for many here but I also like to play with NTP and keeping accurate time. GPS Stratum 1 clock. Nice :grin:. Also, I currently have a GPS (not a Garmin) that has 50 channels and I wonder what that does to assist me. The ones I have seen here don't have that many. Is that unusual? BTW, Garmin tends to use their own proprietary format which I really don't like as I prefer NMEA.