GPSTurbo - Geocaching program

For the past year or so I've been working on a Geocaching program mainly for my own use called GPSTurbo. It is a free program and you can read about it and download it at the URL:

http://www.scale18.com/cgi-bin/page/gpsturbo.html

Only about 5-6 people have been using it so far so it really needs some more people to use it so I can work out all the bugs. It is free licensed under the GNU GPL V2 and it is written in c++. If anyone wants to help out with the development I can send them the source code for it.

Currently it is only for Windows, but I have designed it to be portable to other platforms so a Linux and a Mac version could be made if I can find someone with either of those machines who is willing to help port it.

Thanks

Kevin Pickell

911turbos

I haven't tested it on Win98 since I don't have a Win98 machine. I have tested it on WinME,XP and Vista and it works fine on those. If there is a file called "kgui.txt" or "errors.txt" or both in the folder where you ran it from can you email those to me at sales@scale18.com and I might be able to see what the problem is.

Thanks

Kevin

I've fixed the IMG Map Topo line rendering, the lines are now black and don't display the elevation labels anymore so it is much less cluttered. Just download the latest version.

Also sometimes the google satellite maps stop working, not sure why but usually about 24 hours later they magically start working again. Doesn't seem to happen with the google street maps.

Cheers

Kevin

911turbos

The long label name on the map is totally customizeable.

Just click on the "Draw Settings" tab.

You will see an input box labeled "Waypoint name to use on map", the default setting is:

".Name(.Diff/.Terr),.Wptname"

To only have the Cache name appear change it to ".Name"

To change it to the 6-7 char GC name use ".Wptname"

Essentially you can generate a string using any of the fields in the waypoint table.

Thanks

Kevin

The long label name on the map is totally customizeable.

Just click on the "Draw Settings" tab.

You will see an input box labeled "Waypoint name to use on map", the default setting is:

".Name(.Diff/.Terr),.Wptname"

To only have the Cache name appear change it to ".Name"

To change it to the 6-7 char GC name use ".Wptname"

Essentially you can generate a string using any of the fields in the waypoint table.

Thanks

Kevin

Ah yes, that's better.

Another suggestion, use either the +/- on keyboard or the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom in/out. Just my preference, I don't like the button to zoom in/out as it is.