Free Pathtag for BM Contest Participants

stvanme

With John and Shirley's blessing I am offering a free "BM Hunter" Pathtag to anyone who has participated in the just finished contest. Just send me an email through my profile with your address. No PM's please, that doesn't seem to work all the time for me. If I don't hear from you I'll assume you don't want one.

Scott

Edited by stvanme

With John and Shirley's blessing I am offering a free "BM Hunter" Pathtag to anyone who has participated in the just finished contest. Just send me an email through my profile with your address. No PM's please, that doesn't seem to work all the time for me. If I don't hear from you I'll assume you don't want one.

Scott

Thank you Scott, here's our e-mail address...2oldfarts@geocaching.com -- :anitongue: can't you just E-mail ours through there? :anitongue:

What a great memento of the contest. Our snail-mail address is sent. Thank you very much!

Shirley & John

Okay, the newbie asks sheepishly - what's a pathtag? Does it separate the men from the boys? Lower gasoline prices? Impress chicks?

You can go to www.pathtags.com for information. I'd insert the link but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Does it do any of the things you listed? No. You'll have to use your own resources for that.

Received the pathtag in great condition. Thanks. Now, to recover from the contest and learn how to use the pin finder.... Thanks again.

Pathtags have been mailed to all participants that I received an email from. If you don't get yours in a reasonable amount of time let me know in this thread, either I didn't get your email or it was consumed by US Postal.

Scott

What type of contest was held and what was it all about? I had never heard of a pathtag and just got off the website. Those are very cool trading items. Are pathtags mostly traded at events? Sorry for so many questions, this is all new to me! :unsure:

Scott

What type of contest was held and what was it all about? I had never heard of a pathtag and just got off the website. Those are very cool trading items. Are pathtags mostly traded at events? Sorry for so many questions, this is all new to me! :D

The contest was scoring points for finding benchmarks. It ran for 3 months and over 3,000 benchmarks were recovered.

This Link goes to the rules for that contest. Rumor has it that the next contest may require finding some benchmarks and plotting their positions on a map in such a way as to spell out "2oldfarts", but I'm pretty sure that is just a rumor. :D:unsure:

If we can get the scoring figured out to our satisfaction in time, then look for the next contest to start about the beginning of September.

Someone more knowledgeable about pathtags will need to answer those questions.

John

Scott

What type of contest was held and what was it all about? I had never heard of a pathtag and just got off the website. Those are very cool trading items. Are pathtags mostly traded at events? Sorry for so many questions, this is all new to me! :unsure:

I'd prefer not to discuss Pathtags in the Benchmark Hunting forum. There is a thread on the subject in the General Geocaching Topics Forum. Here is the link:

Pathtags Thread

Any question you might have after reading thread can be posted there.

I believe someone has already done a Jedi Pathtag!

Edited by stvanme