Can't log in with Opera for PDA/Opera mini

PedroKV

Hi, we can't log in to geocaching.com pages with Opera for PDA / Opera mini. I tried it 4 days ago and didn't work, I have to log in and use geocaching.com through Pocket IE.

Now I have visited Czech GC forum and I see that I'm not alone with this problem.

Maybe it is related with changes on GC.COM. We will be very happy if you could fix it.

Thanks a lot

PedroKV

Czech Republic

Hi, we can't log in to geocaching.com pages with Opera for PDA / Opera mini. I tried it 4 days ago and didn't work, I have to log in and use geocaching.com through Pocket IE.

Now I have visited Czech GC forum and I see that I'm not alone with this problem.

Maybe it is related with changes on GC.COM. We will be very happy if you could fix it.

Thanks a lot

PedroKV

Czech Republic

Didnt' work for me either.

I have this is really anoying problem as well. :blink:

I wonder why though, the posting of user credentials is a simple submit of the form. Could it be some security stuff on geocaching.com? All pages displayed on Opera Mini goes through a single gateway (Opera's proxy that is), so a lot of users are probably logging in from the same ip address.

Claus

Denmark

Edited by Kantspringerne

I am using a Nokia 770 ("maemo" Linux) with an Opera browser, and I can not log in either. I am currently travelling in China and the N770 is my primary net access. However, I was able to log in a week or two ago (from the US). Did something change recently?

I am really missing the ability to log my cache finds from the N770!

Alan / rot13

I am really missing the ability to log my cache finds from the N770!

OK, from the luxury of a "real" computer, I did some searching and found a work-around for Opera on the Nokia 770 (and 800). Just turn off javascript and the login screen works OK.

It'd be nice if this could be fixed, but with a work-around, it's no big deal.

Thanks for all of your hard work... great web site!

Alan / rot13