The Renowned TallShip Geocoin

QuigleyJones

Yes my 2007 version Geocoins have sailed in.

These are currently being sold through landsharks.ca

If you would like to have one I would act quickly because they are over half sold out with only Black-Nickel still available.

I wont be doing any of the selling (learned my lession last year with mailing hundreds of the "Coveted TallShip" Geocoins :rolleyes: ).

536482680_7afb93a832.jpg

Individual hi-res coin pictures are available from landsharks here.

"The obverse shows a Grand Banks Schooner (well ok the Bluenose ll ) on a Starboard tack with a maple leaf on the Main. I picked this for my geocoin because I'm a tallship sailor with my best sailing experience on a Grand Banks Schooner, and the ship and leaf are both Canadian (like me). On the reverse is my geocaching name, year, tracking number and Geocaching symbol."

The changes from 2006 are obviosly the year and the sails from Ocean Blue to Canvas White.

The dies are to be retired and unfortunaly for any hopefulls, there will be no 2008 version.

The coins have the same specs as 2006

50mm (2") long

3.5mm thick

Obverse in 3D +2 colours (ship)

Reverse in 2D +5 colours (flags)

Geocaching.com trackable

Unique Icon:

227838334_1d3a6c56d0.jpg

Theres a total of 300 minted

150 Black Nickel, Glow-in-Dark

60 Satin Gold

50 Antique Copper

40 Satin Silver

Edited by QuigleyJones

Just out of curiosity, landsharkz posted that there are only 30 Silver coins and all are being sold through them. Which number is correct 30 or 40? Thanks. BTW these are very nice looking coins, too bad I missed them.

Edited by OshnDoc
Just out of curiosity, landsharkz posted that there are only 30 Silver coins and all are being sold through them. Which number is correct 30 or 40? Thanks. BTW these are very nice looking coins, too bad I missed them.
The mintages I posted are correct (though I seem to think the order may have been for 40 Antique Copper & 50 Satin Silver :rolleyes:)

And OshnDoc theres still the Glow-in-dark black nickel available so you haven't missed it totally.

Also landsharkz are having a shipping sale (which I think they'll post about momentarily).

The "Black Pearl" how could I resist - just picked up some BN ones from Landsharkz

Added the other three finishes to my wishlist if anyone would like to trade.

Sue

(edited for spelling and to add the wishlist comment for trading)

Edited by S&G.Davison

We've had e-mails from a few folk on our newsletter list asking if they are still on it because they think that they didn't receive a newsletter about this coin. QJ suggested that Canadians get the first kick so the idea was to post it on the BCGA forums, Vancouver Island forums, and Canada Forums first for 24 hours and then post it on the geocoin forums and put out a newsletter. They sold out before the newsletter got written :blink: . We had a marketing plan, but didn't really need it. I guess in hindsight we could have minted a higher quantity, but whoda thunked it would sell-out so fast! Arrrr!

I sure hope you don't have any of the Gold XLE's left. Because I only received 1 of the 2 I ordered and paid for!

I would have preferred a different finish of the QuigleyJones instead of the coin you substituted! ;)

Sunrayers, we're sorry you weren't satisifed, but if this ever happens again, please send us a note immediately. This is the first we've heard of this and we'd like to make it right.

Last night I had 9 QJ Black Nickel with glowing sails but we got a few PM's from folks in BC asking for them so now have 5 set aside for missing orders. Let me know if a QJ in BN would be a better substitution and you can sell or trade the other coin we sent you.

Yes, I would have thought the LE's to sell out by the first/second day and the black nickel to last a little longer.

And to think Landsharkz was pondering what to do if they didn't sell after a month ;)

Probably should have made 500.

So are you reminting them then?

Yes, I would have thought the LE's to sell out by the first/second day and the black nickel to last a little longer.

And to think Landsharkz was pondering what to do if they didn't sell after a month :laughing:

i don't think a remint of the Black nickel ones would hurt :laughing: as i missed out on them the first time...

unless someone has an extra to trade with me?? :laughing:

I'm not one to complain (that's why I have a wife). I figured that you were out and did the best you could with the substitution. I would be happy to send the coin back to you (I'll pay the shipping) for one of the B.N. Tallships!

Thanks for the quick response

Sunrayers, send us an e-mail and we'll get a QJBN to you. If you don't want the other coin (I think it was an American Cacher?) please activate it and release it. Call it something like 'my real coin is a ship'! :laughing:

And to think Landsharkz was pondering what to do if they didn't sell after a month :lol:

I thought that reminting when totals are published was an instant trip to the geo-guillotine :laughing: What would the cacher who bought 40 say if more were made? :laughing:

And to think Landsharkz was pondering what to do if they didn't sell after a month :D

i don't think a remint of the Black nickel ones would hurt :lol: as i missed out on them the first time...

unless someone has an extra to trade with me?? :D

~tasia~ - Send us an email - I'd rather the last few we've got go to people who REALLY want them than someone who'll buy them all and throw them up on EBay.

I thought that reminting when totals are published was an instant trip to the geo-guillotine :laughing: What would the cacher who bought 40 say if more were made?

Only on LEs. Limiteds should never be reminted. Those are the published numbers that would be of concern to a collector or someone who traded for an LE.

If the black nickel is a standard/regular edition, it should be able to be remade any time during 2007 if QJ wants more.