Going to Helsinki Friday 15 and saturday 16 of June

Team-Mikkelsen

Hello :blink:

I'm going for a business trip to finland this coming thursday and have planned to use the whole of saturday to do some caching in Helsinki town and nearby places.

The area has a lot of caches from the cache Helsinki GCZG0F it is in a radius of 16 km 500 caches :D

Is there anyone who has some reccomadations of wich caches i "must" visit in Helsinki ?

Or anyone have a TB they want to travel to Norway ?

Or... Maybe I could meet some geocachers from Finland as well :rolleyes:

Hello :anitongue:

I'm going for a business trip to finland this coming thursday and have planned to use the whole of saturday to do some caching in Helsinki town and nearby places.

The area has a lot of caches from the cache Helsinki GCZG0F it is in a radius of 16 km 500 caches :anitongue:

You are right, there are a lot of caches in Helsinki area. Fortunately most of them are in English. Yoiu wrote "business trip". Does it exclude your family? Are you interested in history, or just want to see beautiful places in nature? Pleas give us little more information of your "wanna-see"s and we will help you!

You are right, there are a lot of caches in Helsinki area. Fortunately most of them are in English. Yoiu wrote "business trip". Does it exclude your family? Are you interested in history, or just want to see beautiful places in nature? Pleas give us little more information of your "wanna-see"s and we will help you!

On this trip I am travelling alone, my wife did not get the time off from work :anitongue: . Since I am working in helsinki thursday and friday the saturday is caching day and maybe sunday too :anitongue: depence on the flighs back home.

I would love to learn a bit about Finnish history , culture and see some museums and historical sites, but I am limited to one day so I have to sort things out a bit

Hopefylly i can rent a car and with Tom Tom Navigator find my way around :rolleyes:

There is also a Webcam cache I would like to visit since I have never logged one of those the NMS6 Lasipalatsi, Helsinki and since it is so central I think that will be avaiable :rolleyes:

I am staying in Espoo ( about 15 min from Helsinki i'm told ) so I guess I am starting to cache from there

Can you guide me to a cache in Espo so I can use that as a centre point for my pq's ?

It is so nice of you to help me out here <_< Looking forward to some Finnish sisu caches :huh:

Edited by Mikkel

Sorry I don't have the GC code here. But I wonder if someone can fill, or propose other caches.

Summer caches from west to east, From Espoo to Helsinki:

-Valtaistuin (in Lauttasaari) - a nice wiew over Helsinki and some historical things...

-Rowing stadion, Helsinki Olympics 1952

-Helsingin mareografi (you can have ice cream nearby)

-Suomenlinna (you'll need a ferry to get there)

-Mustikkamaa - near zoo, and a cool hideout

It is so nice of you to help me out here :) Looking forward to some Finnish sisu caches :)

I recommend STARGHER series for "sisu" caching.

This cache seems to be a bit extreme for me on this trip :blink:

How come you guy's are so found of Mystery and multi caches ?

It is a lot mote multi and mystery caches in Helsinki then exs Bergen where I live

How come you guy's are so found of Mystery and multi caches ?

It is a lot mote multi and mystery caches in Helsinki then exs Bergen where I live

The answer is simple: In Finland we are so clever, that regular caches don't provide us enough challence. :blink:

TO be honest: I prefer regulars. Too many of the multi and mystery-caches are artificially too difficult. IMHO.

I had a discussion with my wife and she added:

to Helsinki:

-Valtaistuin (in Lauttasaari) - a nice wiew over Helsinki and some historical things...

- Rowing stadion, Helsinki Olympics 1952

- Helsingin mareografi (you can have ice cream nearby)

- Suomenlinna (you'll need a ferry to get there)

- Helsinki religion, politics and science

- Talvis (a beautiful garden with a lot of species near wonderful Töölönlahti bay)

- Töölö striptease (the name might be missleading, so don't be disappointed)

- Mustikkamaa - near zoo, and a cool hideout (this is a bit way off the centrum)

I think many of the finnish cachers have some favourites too, but why are you so quiet?

and bonus: The best caches rated with gallup year 2006 (unfortunately only few of them are in the capital area)

These of the best caches in Finland year 2006 are situated in the capital area:

Code / Waypoint Name / Placed By

GCFEC1 / Helsinki - religion, politics and science / Jyrki&Sari

GCHP8N / Kansallista historiaa / NöpöJaHassu

GCJC49 / In the very center / NöpöJaHassu

GCGE1A / Voima / Jyrki&Sari

GC8DEF / Stargher IV / Stargher

GCH1H5 / Freedom and Joy / Pelde

GCTA9X / Lost / cthulhu0

GCNKPP / May the Morse be with You! / Tinker_bell

GCRAHD / Noitavuori - Witch Mountain / cthulhu0