I finally met a geocacher on the air!

geoSquid
Followers 1

I chatted (well, typed at... PSK and all) VA3JFF tonight on 40m. That's the first time I've met a geocacher on the air. I see there are lots of geocaching hams, where do you guys hang out?

For me, I tend to do a lot of PSK, MFSK and Olivia on 40, 20, 17, and 15m.

-geoSquid

VE3OIJ

Edited by geoSquid

I chatted (well, typed at... PSK and all) VA3JFF tonight on 40m. That's the first time I've met a geocacher on the air. I see there are lots of geocaching hams, where do you guys hang out?

-geoSquid

VE3OIJ

Lately - our little group hangs out on 1294.5 FM simplex. Being in El Paso, there isn't much chance of you hearing us.

Yeah, our group, (Team) NoBARC, hangs out on a local repeater. Often times we go out Wednesday afternoons together for lunch, then geocache and sign logs like "Another meeting of the Team NoBARC Wednesday Afternoon Geocachaolics and 10,000 step support group"... We have a good time, anway.

-geoSquid

VE3OIJ

I'm on PSK31 a lot on 20 meters. Look for me in the evenings around 0100z-0230z. Would enjoy a chat with a fellow cacher.

Hank/N3ORX

-geoSquid

VE3OIJ

I'm on PSK31 a lot on 20 meters. Look for me in the evenings around 0100z-0230z. Would enjoy a chat with a fellow cacher.

Hank/N3ORX

I'll be working portable PSK this weekend, and i should be on around those times, so I'll keep an eye out for you on the waterfall.