Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
geoSquid

I finally met a geocacher on the air!

I chatted (well, typed at... PSK and all) VA3JFF tonight on 40m. That's the first time I've met a geocacher on the air. I see there are lots of geocaching hams, where do you guys hang out?

For me, I tend to do a lot of PSK, MFSK and Olivia on 40, 20, 17, and 15m.

-geoSquid

VE3OIJ

Edited by geoSquid

I chatted (well, typed at... PSK and all) VA3JFF tonight on 40m. That's the first time I've met a geocacher on the air. I see there are lots of geocaching hams, where do you guys hang out?

-geoSquid

VE3OIJ

Lately - our little group hangs out on 1294.5 FM simplex. Being in El Paso, there isn't much chance of you hearing us.

I am located in Southwest Illinois. I don't have my HF rig yet, so the only place you might talk to me is on Echolink.

Yeah, our group, (Team) NoBARC, hangs out on a local repeater. Often times we go out Wednesday afternoons together for lunch, then geocache and sign logs like "Another meeting of the Team NoBARC Wednesday Afternoon Geocachaolics and 10,000 step support group"... We have a good time, anway.

A while back I had a random QSO with AA4SS, who looked me up in QRZ.com, found a link to my blog and discovered I was a geocacher, too. (I think I still owe him a QSL card.) :rolleyes:

Lately - our little group hangs out on 1294.5 FM simplex. Being in El Paso, there isn't much chance of you hearing us.

LOL, 23cm.... i don't know anyone who even has equipment for that band B)

Our local group hangs out on 28.375 10m.

We are the FART Net..... Foothills Amateur Radio Team.

http://www.break.com/index/fart_caught_on_...red_camera.html

Spanky

KE4WXV

I will listen up for your group. With a group name like that, you gotta be all right. :D Do you have a scheduled net? At what time and day? Or just random QSOs?

kd5kuf

Edited by kd5kuf

-geoSquid

VE3OIJ

I'm on PSK31 a lot on 20 meters. Look for me in the evenings around 0100z-0230z. Would enjoy a chat with a fellow cacher.

Hank/N3ORX

-geoSquid

VE3OIJ

I'm on PSK31 a lot on 20 meters. Look for me in the evenings around 0100z-0230z. Would enjoy a chat with a fellow cacher.

Hank/N3ORX

I'll be working portable PSK this weekend, and i should be on around those times, so I'll keep an eye out for you on the waterfall.

Try an IRLP node connection and call for geocachers. I'm usually hamming on the drive to work anywhere from 0800 to 0845 CDT. Call me on the node in Olathe KS. If you're unfamiliar with IRLP, check it out at www.irlp.net KBØMZF TruthSeer