Making a GPS map

there is software that will superimpose your GPS track onto the map and the youll have to print it off with your route that you took....

ive been wanting to do this to map the area i ride my dirt bike, but dont have the time or the extra funds to spend on the software... (although i dont think that its priced that high, its been awhille since ive checked)

To put the map of the marina into your GPSr does not make a lot of sense to me because everything is pretty close together so that a couple of waypoints would probably do the trick. But if you do want to do it, then search on "+Create +maps" and you will find lots of technical discussion on how to create and load a map into a Garmin GPSr that can handle maps. There are numerous hurdles.

there is software that will superimpose your GPS track onto the map and the youll have to print it off with your route that you took....

ive been wanting to do this to map the area i ride my dirt bike, but dont have the time or the extra funds to spend on the software... (although i dont think that its priced that high, its been awhille since ive checked)

MrJeep,

use GPSVisualizer. Link to GPS Visualizer Website You can superimpose your tracks onto either Google maps or onto google earth! it rocks I use it to do my ATV tracks.

-Steve