Google Earth No Longer Working?

I searched the forums but have not found an answer. Starting today, the cache overlay stopped working for me on all of my computers. PC desktop, IBook, Vaio at work, Vaio Notebook. They all say "you have exceeded the allowed views for today" Has anyone come up with a solution to this? I am running GE version 3 on two of the computers and version 4 on the others and still no go. I also cleared everything in browser. :D

I searched the forums but have not found an answer. Starting today, the cache overlay stopped working for me on all of my computers. PC desktop, IBook, Vaio at work, Vaio Notebook. They all say "you have exceeded the allowed views for today" Has anyone come up with a solution to this? I am running GE version 3 on two of the computers and version 4 on the others and still no go. I also cleared everything in browser. :D

Works for me right now. I have GE 4, but don't think that is the issue. If you scan a lot with Ge during the day, you'll use up the alloted number of pulls. I only check the box when I want to see caches local to the site I am viewing.

Works for me right now. I have GE 4, but don't think that is the issue. If you scan a lot with Ge during the day, you'll use up the alloted number of pulls. I only check the box when I want to see caches local to the site I am viewing.

That's the thing. I haven't used GE in a couple days and it rejected the very first attempt.

Open up google earth.

open up a web browser and head over to geocaching.com

make sure you are logged in, then click on your username in the upper righthand corner

this will take you to your account page

down the right hand side of your page will be a link that says "Google Mapping Features Download Geocache browser in Google Earth" click that and save the downloaded file to your desktop.

now, minimize your browser, grab the .kml file that you put on your desktop and drop it on to your google earth.

For some reason, the .kml file 'goes bad' and you have to refresh it. At least that's how I explain it to myself.

HTH