Adding dipping to log entry type

Team S-J

There are quite a few personal TB's on the go that involve writing notes to place the TB, then deleting the note then retrieveing the TB and then deleting that log. Wouldn't it just be easier to add a "dipping" log for TB's. I suppose "dipping" could be added to Coins as well.

Opinions?

Since you can drop your bug along with your cache log the need to do a special drop and delete would only be when you forgot to include it in your original post or you are trying to do some back logging.

And you would delete that log as a courtesy to the cache owner and others since it is not an essential part of the cache log history. It's clutter.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Indeed. As most held TB's are logged from the cache page maybe a couple of radio buttons next to the cachers list of held TB's would help so that you could select Dropped or Dipped for held TB's. Once submitted it would add the placed or dipped log to the TB page.

Since we have a Discover log when not actually grabbing, how bout a Visited log when not actually leaving it.

I never really understood deleting the drop logs from the cache page.

You obviously are not using a PDA with only the last 5 logs to help you glean information about the hide. Every one of those unnecessary drop logs takes up 20% of my available information. Please delete them.

Since we have a Discover log when not actually grabbing, how bout a Visited log when not actually leaving it.

You obviously are not using a PDA with only the last 5 logs to help you glean information about the hide. Every one of those unnecessary drop logs takes up 20% of my available information. Please delete them.

Yea I do, I just only look at the cache description, since that's what the hider wanted me to use. I doubt TFTC and TNLNSL would be much help anyway :D

Edited by SeventhSon

Yea I do, I just only look at the cache description, since that's what the hider wanted me to use. I doubt TFTC and TNLNSL would be much help anyway :D

You would be amazed at how the logs help though. For instance i check the last log before going to a location to know if i should expect a find or a wild goose chase.

Yea I do, I just only look at the cache description, since that's what the hider wanted me to use. I doubt TFTC and TNLNSL would be much help anyway :rolleyes:

You would be amazed at how the logs help though. For instance i check the last log before going to a location to know if i should expect a find or a wild goose chase.

But then, sometimes cachers go on vacation and can't log for a week or so :unsure: Then it would say it's in there. OR sometimes, you put a bug in and some other cacher grabs it from you and it doesn't get the proper miles not credit.

I do this all the time. There is a virtual cache inside Disneyland, and I do take TB's there on tour from time to time and log them through that virtual cache, then go back and delete my log. It makes sense because how can a virtual cache hold any travel bugs? It can't.

Deleting TB or coin drop logs makes it easier for those who need the hints from the previous 5 finders to help locate any anomalies about the hide, like better coords, or watch out for bees, or something else.

Shorter answer - it's cleaner.