Final Coin Design

dark_onyx1982

That is a lovely design!

If you are trading coins with someone, it is almost NEVER OK to trade an activated coin unless the other person has agreed to accept an activated coin for the trade. And then, if both sides agree and it's clear that an activated coin is being traded, then you should send and adoption offer to the other person so that they can 'own' the coin.

Now, as others have said, I have sent along *extra* activated coins -- usually overseas -- to places where I wanted my coin to travel. And if that's the case, then you should prepare the coin as you would any other traveler, with a goal sheet, tag (if possible), and sturdy bag to travel in.

I'd love to trade GeoTags with you when yours are completed. I hope that CoinSwag gets the details worked out soon so that we can put in new orders. I guess yours is already in process with them... ?

That is a lovely design!

If you are trading coins with someone, it is almost NEVER OK to trade an activated coin unless the other person has agreed to accept an activated coin for the trade. And then, if both sides agree and it's clear that an activated coin is being traded, then you should send and adoption offer to the other person so that they can 'own' the coin.

Now, as others have said, I have sent along *extra* activated coins -- usually overseas -- to places where I wanted my coin to travel. And if that's the case, then you should prepare the coin as you would any other traveler, with a goal sheet, tag (if possible), and sturdy bag to travel in.

I'd love to trade GeoTags with you when yours are completed. I hope that CoinSwag gets the details worked out soon so that we can put in new orders. I guess yours is already in process with them... ?

I wasnt sure what was going on with that. I have already been charged and they did the die art, but I have not approved it yet because I has a couple of questions. Some of the greys look alike and i want to make sure they are usung raised metal in the right area. Anyways I noticed they took Geotags off of their website the past couple of days. Whats up with that?

In our transistion from myself to Jake there is a bit of an issue ith pricing. Trying to work out with mint. Stay tuned.

Will do! Is the transistion going to cause a possible delay in email response or production once the artwork it approved? I won't be expected to pay more will I? I have already paid in full including extra for my extra colors. A little extra wait is not a big deal, I was just wondering.

In our transistion from myself to Jake there is a bit of an issue ith pricing. Trying to work out with mint. Stay tuned.

Will do! Is the transistion going to cause a possible delay in email response or production once the artwork it approved? I won't be expected to pay more will I? I have already paid in full including extra for my extra colors. A little extra wait is not a big deal, I was just wondering.

I can't answer that right now. Those are questions for Jake at this time.

I have been looking into making a tag of my own but am slightly confused. Is there a difference between a cache tag and a Geo Tag?

I'd love to answer that one -- just ask anyone... :D

GeoTags are full fledged geocoins:

* Trackable on Geocaching.com

* Custom Icon, shared with all other GeoTags

1187.gif

* 1.25" round x 2mm thick

CacheTags:

* Trackable on a different site, but not on geocaching.com.

* 1.12" round x 2mm thick

Both are customizable on one side with your personal artwork.

Both have a hole to attach to a keyring or traveling item.

Edited by wsgaskins

There will be no delay in making your tags they are still on track.

The reason that we do not have GeoTags on our site right now is we are trying to get the pricing worked out, the way things are looking if we continue to produce GeoTags the price will have to increase due to the fact that the first order of GeoTags was in the thousands and therefore the price was allot less then future orders of under 100. We are currently evaluating whether or not the tags will still be marketable at a higher cost.

One option we are exploring to keep cost down is to only offer GeoTag orders in larger groups. An idea I had was to create a mailing list for all potential customers to be notified when the next group order has started that way a larger order would be made and the cost would be lowered.

Jake

I have been looking into making a tag of my own but am slightly confused. Is there a difference between a cache tag and a Geo Tag?

wsgaskins pretty much answered the question already (thanks!) but I do want to point out that CacheTags are not trackable. www.cachetagtrader.com is on each coin but it is not for tracking but rather a trading gallery for all tag owners to help with trades.

Jake

There will be no delay in making your tags they are still on track.

The reason that we do not have GeoTags on our site right now is we are trying to get the pricing worked out, the way things are looking if we continue to produce GeoTags the price will have to increase due to the fact that the first order of GeoTags was in the thousands and therefore the price was allot less then future orders of under 100. We are currently evaluating whether or not the tags will still be marketable at a higher cost.

One option we are exploring to keep cost down is to only offer GeoTag orders in larger groups. An idea I had was to create a mailing list for all potential customers to be notified when the next group order has started that way a larger order would be made and the cost would be lowered.

Jake

Jake I have sent you a few emails the past couple of days with no response, could you please call me. I need to speak with you before you start minting my design. My number is in my emails. Thank you.

Hey everyone, I spoke with Jake and things are looking good. For those of you who would like to trade, please email me at dark_onyx1982@yahoo.com your address and the coin you will be trading. I cant wait to see everyones design! Thank you all for your compliments and input, and a special thanx to Jake for being so patient and helpful. :ph34r: I will post a pic when I get the tags.

Edited by dark_onyx1982