Cache Description/Paragraphs running together

cbearw

When doing up the cache page for my first hides I have a problem with my paragraphs running together.

:lol: More specifically under the space where one types in the description of the cache etc I type it all in in paragraph form but everything all gets joined into one giant paragraph when I finish up and submitt and review it. Is there a trick to keeping paragraphs seperate or am I just having another brain cramp/seniors moment. Anyone else ever had this occur? Thanks in advance....always computer challanged......cbearw

Thanks Knight 2000. I had been doing up the text in a document form at my own speed using microsoft works which came on the computer. I had read somewhere that doing it this way and then using copy/paste is best because of the 40 min time limit thing when doing up new cache pages. I'll pay more attention and try to save it in HTML format as you suggest. Thanks a bunch.................cbearw

<p> to start a paragraph

</p> to end it

Check the Box that says the description is in HTML.

Use <br> to force line breaks - otherwise the lines will adjust somewhat depending on the width of the browser window.

Starbrand: Thats great! I think that will do the trick. After I paste my text in I'll insert those commands into the places I need them in the text. Thaks very much. It will be nice to break things up in paragraph form :lol:

cbearw

Here's a few more things you can use to pretty up the text, like bold, italics, etc..

These all work just like the paragraph tag. Just use the listed tag like it appears below at the BEGINNING of the text you want to format, and add the / to the tag at the END of the text.

ie to make bold text: <b>BOLD</b> = BOLD

Text Formatting Tags

Tag Description

<b> Defines bold text

<big> Defines big text

<em> Defines emphasized text

<i> Defines italic text

<small> Defines small text

<strong> Defines strong text

<sub> Defines subscripted text

<sup> Defines superscripted text

Edited by Blue_stone

When doing up the cache page for my first hides I have a problem with my paragraphs running together.

:rolleyes: More specifically under the space where one types in the description of the cache etc I type it all in in paragraph form but everything all gets joined into one giant paragraph when I finish up and submitt and review it. Is there a trick to keeping paragraphs seperate or am I just having another brain cramp/seniors moment. Anyone else ever had this occur? Thanks in advance....always computer challanged......cbearw

To quickly get your line breaks and paragraphs converted, you can use this tool at the evince site.

I just thought I'd add that you don't actually have to use HTML to get white space into your document. All you need is to insert hard carriage returns. i.e. hit enter twice in succession. If I've understood your question properly it was when you used copy/paste that you inadvertantly lost your formatting.