A worthy congrats thread

I still think you should only find it once

Sorry I don't agree. :(

Each YOSM is different and takes you somewhere new. Some are quite challenging too. :lol:

I'm not sure how many I have found but think it is in double figures, the first being a long time ago. :)

But they can be logged under the trig pointing web site, as each yosm does not show as a unique cache on the geo site

If I visit a YOSM location, then I class each visit to a different location as a separate cache, you only want to log it once, no problem. That's the beauty of caching, we can play it our own way...

You play the game your way, and I'll play the game my way... after all, it's just that... a Game!

As others have already said it is only a game, and how an individual plays the game is up to the individual. So, whilst we are travelling to and from a wedding 'down south' in July I will be visiting one or two more YOSM locations on route.

:anibad: So we can cheet ;) Its only a game :P

How is it "cheating"?

Multiple logging on this cache is the way it is supposed to be done. :P

The cache page itself only shows one location at a time, there are something like 300 different locations that this cache can be logged from. If the cache setter had created 300 different virtual caches, each with their own page, would that be acceptable? - If so, then all the setter has done with YOSM is cut down on the amount of paperwork and harddisk space needed as there are still 300 different locations around the country that you need to visit to log each find;) ;)

What a superb topic: irritates those who hate congrats threads; annoys those who don’t agree with logging the YOSMs and it introduces a(nother) unique trivial thread into the forum.

Oh, and: :D

Its a congratulations thread and a don't log multiple YOSM thread all rolled into one. Double the fun. :D

Is there anything else we can tack on? Micros, power trails, popcorn?

Sorry I don't agree. :D

Each YOSM is different and takes you somewhere new. Some are quite challenging too. :D

I'm not sure how many I have found but think it is in double figures, the first being a long time ago. :D

I'm with you on this one John.....I've been to several different places.....even had DNF's!!

Oh, and I knew Wizzy would come along with his popcorn :D:D

That cheet :D i I Love been awkward :D JUST PLAY THE GAME! :D Its only my opinion, I'm having fun :D , don't get serious, It's just get out there and place more phisical caches out as I'm drying out, If it wasn't for the biffers two tykes and jaz666's inventive idears, "o" yes and maxkin,HH,wozinalli,ETC,etc, my area would be a wastland, "I need a serious emocon now" All the best all of you and thanks I'll shut up now (I still think you OOOOPS) :D

.....I Love been awkward .......

Sorry my friend but that kind of approach rarely goes down well in the forums :D :D

Please try not to be deliberately antagonistic :)

Edit:- Now, back on topic :D

Thanks to "Outforthehunt" for creating the YOSM cache and I look forward to finding a few more over the summer :D :D

Edited by Nediam

.....I Love been awkward .......

Sorry my friend but that kind of approach rarely goes down well in the forums :D :D

Please try not to be deliberately antagonistic :D

Edit:- Now, back on topic :)

Thanks to "Outforthehunt" for creating the YOSM cache and I look forward to finding a few more over the summer :D :D

And your too serious

YOSM's are just a clever manipulation of the rules.

The difference is that we know where the next 6000 (?) odd are already located!

Do you know in advance where my next cache is going to be hidden?

I somewhat doubt it.

YOSM's in this current rolling format should not have been allowed and TPTB know that but have done nothing about it.

YOSM's are just a clever manipulation of the rules.

The difference is that we know where the next 6000 (?) odd are already located!

Do you know in advance where my next cache is going to be hidden?

I somewhat doubt it.

YOSM's in this current rolling format should not have been allowed and TPTB know that but have done nothing about it.

:D (This is the first time I have done this)

YOSM was our first cache back on the 2nd April 2002. It's listed as our second as we did another on the same day. FIVE YEARS AGO!!! I haven't logged it since and wouldn't hesitate to log it again if it was nearby. As they say play the game as you see it. YOSM probably wouldn't be allowed nowadays but it's a classic cache.

Long may it continue.

I think you should only log where it's going to be.

How do you know where it's going to be until it's there? If you then visit it but don’t log it soon enough because it moves on, do you still have a right to log it or have you missed your chance?

How do you know where it's going to be until it's there? If you then visit it but don’t log it soon enough because it moves on, do you still have a right to log it or have you missed your chance?

You have to approach from the future. This may seem very difficult, impossible even, but it's easier than some puzzle caches I've seen.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:<_<:huh::huh:

Ah. Clearly Wizzypoohs didn't appreciate the humour intemded in my last remark because I didn't telegraph it with a smiley. Whereas Team Sieni took it in the correct way and Edgemaster added the comedy sting. Well done, Team Sieni and Edgemaster; eff* off with the popcorn, Wizzy. ;);):anitongue::anitongue::P

*Can I say that? ;)

This thread has just got less intensive and will now disappear due to its becoming good humoured. Unless someone adds something a tad more acerbic...

This thread has just got less intensive and will now disappear due to its becoming good humoured. Unless someone adds something a tad more acerbic...

I don't know what people are worried about :rolleyes: , you'll never see the YOSM visit all 6,000 Trig point's. Groundspeak will have closed it down before then due to the No of logs to the cache page :rolleyes:

For those who've been members long enough to remember the Yellow Jeep Locationless cache, YOSM will go the same way eventually [for those not in the know, to log the cache you had to provide the coordinates and a photograph showing your GPS with a Yellow Jeep (genuine full size one), due to the No of logs to it (in the large thousands) it was closed down]

But in the meantime make the most of the unique chance of logging a New Virtual cache :anitongue::anitongue:

I don't know what people are worried about :rolleyes: , you'll never see the YOSM visit all 6,000 Trig point's. Groundspeak will have closed it down before then due to the No of logs to the cache page :anitongue:

For those who've been members long enough to remember the Yellow Jeep Locationless cache, YOSM will go the same way eventually [for those not in the know, to log the cache you had to provide the coordinates and a photograph showing your GPS with a Yellow Jeep (genuine full size one), due to the No of logs to it (in the large thousands) it was closed down]

But in the meantime make the most of the unique chance of logging a New Virtual cache <_<:rolleyes:

So if a cache becomes REALLY popular, it will be archived by TPTB? Seems a bit "bad form". Was the Jeep one closed due to server strain? If so, will the new servers be able to cope a bit better? :anitongue:

Outforthehunt's Canadian equivalent of YOSM has well over 4000 find logs for 300 or so trigs. We have some way to go yet...

Congratulations Wendy! Given the nature of this thread, what plans do you have to find it again - if any? :anitongue:

For those who only want to find it once, find it once. For those who are 'happy to take advantage of the owner's blanket ok to repeat log it', then you're breaking no rules (guidelines, etiquette, whatever) in logging it more than once. Why there's any argument about this is beyond me. It's an anomaly in an ever more regimented world. Enjoy it if you want to!

Congratulations Wendy! Given the nature of this thread, what plans do you have to find it again - if any? :anitongue:

Thanks Paul, oh I will log it again as and when, by the very nature of the cache, it requires some effort (by me) to get to the sites, just lucky this one was in the vicinity (with no big hill in the way) of the caches we had planned for today. :anitongue:

For those who only want to find it once, find it once. For those who are 'happy to take advantage of the owner's blanket ok to repeat log it', then you're breaking no rules (guidelines, etiquette, whatever) in logging it more than once. Why there's any argument about this is beyond me. It's an anomaly in an ever more regimented world. Enjoy it if you want to!

Here, Here :anitongue:

And back on topic...

Congrats to Dorsetgal on her first find of the YOSM :rolleyes::rolleyes:<_<

That's simple! Any trigpoint that isn't currently a YOSM. It'll get the eventually! :):):blink:

Not if there is a cache within 500' :)

YOSM is a Virtual Cache so proximity issues don't apply, it could be 1m away from a Physical cache :angry:

That's simple! Any trigpoint that isn't currently a YOSM. It'll get the eventually! :lol::):D

Not if there is a cache within 500' B)

YOSM is a Virtual Cache so proximity issues don't apply, it could be 1m away from a Physical cache :D

B) Well thats the difinitve "I still oooOps'sssss" :) trig on B)