useless statistics about caches in various countries

Whilst I really should have been doing something more constructive I had a little look at the "countries" search section.

These lists aren't inclusive just one's that I found.

Countries with no caches

Turkmenistan

Falkland Islands (quite surprised by that)

Moldova (the only cacheless country in Europe I have found, it did have one but it kept getting muggled)

North Korea (not suprising really, owning a gps probably earns you a trip to the gulag)

Western Sahara

Countries with just one cache

Belraus (found only once)

Georgia (no one has found it yet!)

Eritrea (also yet to be found)

Sierra Leone (a virtual which seems to be quite busy)

Also special mention to this cache in Albania. Its not the only one in Albania but its in the owners front garden and you have to give him advance notification if you want to find it so that he will put it out for you!

And finally the largest country in the world Russia has just 44 caches. Theres probably more than that in Wigan or Chorley!

And finally the largest country in the world Russia has just 44 caches. Theres probably more than that in Wigan or Chorley!

Not surprised really, about Russia. I dont think I would want to be furtively hiding a plastic type box in a hole in a tree. Or even pointing a gps thingy at the sky whilst muttering strange incantations. Can you imagine what would be the reaction to someone looking left and right whilst poking around under a seat right in the middle of Red Square. Hmmmmmmmm.

Not surprised really, about Russia. I dont think I would want to be furtively hiding a plastic type box in a hole in a tree. Or even pointing a gps thingy at the sky whilst muttering strange incantations. Can you imagine what would be the reaction to someone looking left and right whilst poking around under a seat right in the middle of Red Square. Hmmmmmmmm.

44? There more then that with in 2 miles of my home! :lol:

Also special mention to this cache in Albania. Its not the only one in Albania but its in the owners front garden and you have to give him advance notification if you want to find it so that he will put it out for you!

Not only do I find that quite funny but he has also logged it as a find - TWICE on the 7th July 2006 and 13th April 2007.

Strange....!

Not only do I find that quite funny but he has also logged it as a find - TWICE on the 7th July 2006 and 13th April 2007.

Strange....!

Perhaps he put it out for someone and then forgot where he'd put it, thus claiming the find when he fell over it a few days later. ;)

It also seems you need to remember more than just your sandwiches and boots when caching Iraq -

"GENERAL RULES FOR CACHING IN IRAQ: This cache is located in a war zone. It is on a coalition controlled installation. You will need proper credentials to gain access to the area. Do not post logs that give any references to what is around the cache site or might otherwise compromise OPSEC." - Cache

I sometimes feel a bit furtive looking for a micro in a wood here in Blighty - I would have thought getting shot is a real possibility over there - especially if you are wearing a Signal the Frog backpack and holding a remote control sizes GPS unit in your hand. Blimey.

It also seems you need to remember more than just your sandwiches and boots when caching Iraq -

"GENERAL RULES FOR CACHING IN IRAQ: This cache is located in a war zone. It is on a coalition controlled installation. You will need proper credentials to gain access to the area. Do not post logs that give any references to what is around the cache site or might otherwise compromise OPSEC." - Cache

I sometimes feel a bit furtive looking for a micro in a wood here in Blighty - I would have thought getting shot is a real possibility over there - especially if you are wearing a Signal the Frog backpack and holding a remote control sizes GPS unit in your hand. Blimey.

This made me have a look at Iraq's neighbour Iran.

Six caches but only one of them has been found and that was only on one occasion

and.....

it was found accidently

by a muggle!

Useless statistics for countries with more than a couple of caches?

We got 'em!

I sometimes fear for when the UK would fill up, but your 'useless' (and yet strangley interesting) helps demonstrate just how small Monaco and the Vatican City are. The UK has on average 77 caches per 1000 sq km. Monaco has 500 caches per 1000 sq km. Yet only has 1 cache in the entire country!! The Vatican has density of 4545.4 caches per 1000 sq km. Yet has just TWO caches!!

I feel some fresh pub quiz ammo coming up!! :rolleyes: