Problem sending maps to Venture CX

I have a new Kingston 1GB micro SDcard that I'm trying to load with some maps. I used Mapsource to generate a gdb file, and then I used Img2gps (version 2.72) to transmit the maps to the GPS unit (via SendMap20, version 3.5). The GPS unit is a Venture CX, with software version 2.60.

If I only send a few maps (5 maps, which take up about 7.6MB), everything works ok and the maps are available on the GPS unit. But when I try to load all the maps I want (560 maps, which take up about 754MB), then process looks like it completes ok, but the maps are not displayed on the unit and do they show up as being selectable.

Any guesses as to what is the problem is?

Thanks,

Jean

I have a new Kingston 1GB micro SDcard that I'm trying to load with some maps. I used Mapsource to generate a gdb file, and then I used Img2gps (version 2.72) to transmit the maps to the GPS unit (via SendMap20, version 3.5). The GPS unit is a Venture CX, with software version 2.60.

If I only send a few maps (5 maps, which take up about 7.6MB), everything works ok and the maps are available on the GPS unit. But when I try to load all the maps I want (560 maps, which take up about 754MB), then process looks like it completes ok, but the maps are not displayed on the unit and do they show up as being selectable.

Any guesses as to what is the problem is?

Thanks,

Jean

Hi Jean,

Did you transfer the map information to the chip as per the instructions on Page 58 and 59 of the manual? It gives the copy and paste process for loading information (data) on the chip.

Peter

Edited by Petermgr

Are you zoomed in far enough to see them? Above a certain zoom level only the basemap displays.

I think I found the answer to my problem. I did a web search and found a blurb that states that SendMap20 "Now comes with support for up to 512Mb". So it probably choked on the size of the map I was trying to send. Odd that the program gave no indication of a problem or error...

Jean