Geocoin etiquette

I've got a geocoin that I'd like to log into a certain cache but not leave. I'm wondering if it is, first of all, possible to log it in and then log it out immediately, and if it is, is this something that people frown upon or an accepted policy. I've seen something like this done at events, but I'm not sure that I've seen, or heard of it being done, at normal caches. Thanks. (If this is topic isn't appropriate here, would someone be so kind as to let me know and I'll move it over to somewhere more appropriate.)

I have a personal TB I log through every cache visit (no DNFs), and if I find a cache that's too small to leave the someone else's bug I still log it through so it gets credit for being there.

The practice is perfectly fine. The real issue is that you and the bug have to have found the cache, no virtual logging. Dipping's okay and encouraged.

Take lots of pictures, tell stories, and have fun.

Briansnat,

Yes it is my coin. I purchase one of the BatBubba coins (I think that is it). I want to get it around to all of the 5 rated caches that I hit, preferably caves. My next big one is Plunge Extreme. I plan on leaving a coin in the cache, Cache Critters (caves have a lot of them so I thought that it was appropriate), but I wanted to log the cave coin and then take it along with to other caches that I hit. I'm hoping to get to PE within the week for my second try (my gps died the last time out, this time I have that taken care of).

Thanks everyone for the answers. I'm just now getitng into the geocoin thing. One of the ones that I bought my eldest daughter scarfed up and is keeping. It is a Pink Floyd coin. I plan on taking it to events with me. I also have a geoswag coin, the cave coin, an Unknown Soldier Coin (serious history behind that one for me) and something else. I'm going to start trying to get to caches that have coins. The more I move that happier I'll be.

I haven't cached in a while, have been waiting for my new gps. So now I have an Explorist 400 and am ready to get back to it.

Briansnat,

Yes it is my coin. I purchase one of the BatBubba coins (I think that is it). I want to get it around to all of the 5 rated caches that I hit, preferably caves. My next big one is Plunge Extreme. I plan on leaving a coin in the cache, Cache Critters (caves have a lot of them so I thought that it was appropriate), but I wanted to log the cave coin and then take it along with to other caches that I hit.

That's not an uncommon thing at all. Like somebody above said, I too have a TB I log in/out of all my finds to track myself. I just like to see how many miles btween caches I've racked up (obviously by no means accurate, but fun anyway).