Not getting some emails from GC.COM

WildGooseChase

I use an email account from my own domain and I have no spam filter setup.

Could my domain host be filtering emails? I use Earth Star Hosting.

I still get "contact@geocaching.com" emails like PQs.

I don't get cache logs, weekly notices or even account email validation emails.

May 23 I received my last LOG notification.

May 24 I received my last weekly notice.

Before May 23/24 everything worked perfectly.

Can anyone help?

(right now my account is not validated because I tried to change the email address today, but I'm not getting validation emails, so I can't validate)

Does your host use CPanel?

Yes. But, I've checked the email filters on my end.

That's the problem.

Any server running CPanel will automatically ping all incoming email addresses to make sure they're valid. The email address "noreply@geocaching.com" is blocked, so CPanel can't validate if it's a real email address, so it deletes the email on the spot without even letting it into the server. This is one of the ways that CPanel blocks spam because a lot of email addresses are just made up and not real.

It doesn't have anything to do with filters or anything like that. It's integrated into CPanel itself. There is a way to hack the server and allow messages from certain addresses to come through.

You asked about other hosting options, and I've contacted you via PM about that.

Does your host use CPanel?

Yes. But, I've checked the email filters on my end.

That's the problem.

Any server running CPanel will automatically ping all incoming email addresses to make sure they're valid. The email address "noreply@geocaching.com" is blocked, so CPanel can't validate if it's a real email address, so it deletes the email on the spot without even letting it into the server. This is one of the ways that CPanel blocks spam because a lot of email addresses are just made up and not real.

It doesn't have anything to do with filters or anything like that. It's integrated into CPanel itself. There is a way to hack the server and allow messages from certain addresses to come through.

You asked about other hosting options, and I've contacted you via PM about that.

I got your email, Thanks. I've got a trouble ticket in with my current host, but if that doesn't work out I'll be looking for other options. Yours sounds pretty good.