Ancient Free And Accepted Masons GeoCoin

pghlooking

For a period of time now, Drag0n and myself have been working on the Masonic GeoCoin. Wanting to have this coin done right, we decided the best course would be getting a lodge to support the efforts of the coin. The Henry M. Phillips Lodge No. 337 of Monongahela PA has decided this is a great effort and has thrown themselves behind this coin. In turn, we will be donating $1 from every trackable coin sold to them. This money will be used to help fund the 150th anniversary of this great lodge. After having support from the lodge, and permission to use the Square and Compass, we deicded to have another brother design the coin. We decided on joefrog and we were not disappointed. The coin took some time as we wanted everything perfect. We then settled on Oakcoins for our minter. They have been gracious enough to handle the entire ordering and shipping for this project. The details of the coin are as follows:

• 2D front side containing the most commonly know symbols of Freemasonry
  • A deeply engraved 3D design on the back of the coin
  • Coin measures 42mm across
  • Coin measures 3.5 mm in thickness to give it a nice heavy feel
  • Optional matching pin for only $1 more
  • Trackable at Geocaching.com with unique icon of the square and compass
  • Trackable version of this coin will be $9.97 which contains the donation to the lodge
  • Coin is available in Antiqued Silver, Antiqued Gold, or Antiqued Copper finishes
  • Shipping to be calculated by OakCoins

85336ec7-a1e2-4245-aec7-16c4de209381.jpg

Pictured are the sample coins. The trackable coins have the wording "TRACK AT WWW.GEOCACHING.COM" placed directly above the bar for the tracking code.

Thanks to PGH, JoeFrog, and Oakcoins for all their hard work! I was so glad to be part of the creation of this coin. This one will be in my own personal collection for a long long time. Hope everyone is as excited as I am! I'm trying to contact all the people who said they were interested earlier. If I've missed anyone I'm really sorry, but I think I've kept everyone on the list. Enjoy!

Ditto-would love to have two of them, one for my boss who collects Freemason coins. Is there a sale date yet and where/who can you order them from?

These will be sold directly through Oakcoins website. The date should be within the next 3 weeks or so. Will give a firm date and link once we have it in hand.

You know on 4th of July I had discovered that my belated grandfather was a Mason when my dad decided he wanted me to have my grandfather's bible. As soon as I saw the symbol on the bible I said "Grandpa was a Mason?" So I guess when my luck starts to turn around I'll need to get one of these coins to dedicate to my grandfather's memory.

A nicely done coin - though I didn't pick one up since it didn't seem relavent to me personally. Then I read an earlier post about family members being Masons. My Grandfather was a Shriner - I may pick one up and release it in his honor if they are still available the next time I place an order with Oak Coins.

I ordered mine from Oakcoins today and I can't wait!

Do you happen to have a link? I can never find what I'm after on that site.

I sent you an email through gc.com. The page has nontrackables on it and I do believe I am unallowed to post a general link of that kind.

Edited by TokyoBlossom

Mine's arrived today, but I'm having a bit of trouble activating it over at Oakcoins.

I know about the similarity of "O"s and "0"s, etc, and so I'm sure I'm entering the right code.

Anyone else having problems?

Thanks,

Russ

I'm having trouble as well...for my coin, the only "O" or "0" is part of the OC prefix. The rest of the tracking number seems pretty unambiguous to me, but still doesn't work on the oakcoins activation page.

Mine's arrived today, but I'm having a bit of trouble activating it over at Oakcoins.

I know about the similarity of "O"s and "0"s, etc, and so I'm sure I'm entering the right code.

Anyone else having problems?

Thanks,

Russ

I'm having trouble as well...for my coin, the only "O" or "0" is part of the OC prefix. The rest of the tracking number seems pretty unambiguous to me, but still doesn't work on the oakcoins activation page.

Reading your posts, we decided not to wait and to have a go at activating one of our coins. We were successfull, so might now be worth another try. maybe any clitches have now been ironed out.

Gave another try this morning at getting the activation code from oakcoins, and the same code worked now. :rolleyes:

I know this wasn't a fat-finger typing issue yesterday, since auto-complete filled out the value for me once I typed in the OCC prefix.

Not sure what the issue was, but it sure cleared up fast! :rolleyes:

Gave another try this morning at getting the activation code from oakcoins, and the same code worked now. :rolleyes:

I know this wasn't a fat-finger typing issue yesterday, since auto-complete filled out the value for me once I typed in the OCC prefix.

Not sure what the issue was, but it sure cleared up fast! :rolleyes:

If anyone else has an issue with activation, try again later. I don't know why but it is something that worked for me as well. After that if it doesn't work email OakCoins directly since they are the only ones who can help you get that code. I don't have the database, and posting here will only take lonbger since you are basically hoping they see your post in this thread.

Hope all are enjoying their coins now though and glad they have been activated.

Edited by pghlooking