Most obvious hide?

I didn't find this, but at last summer's NYGO picnic a couple was telling me about a cache they did where the hider had painted the BIG SHED at their house green like an ammo can and made up a big set of those gag black glasses-nose-moustashes and put it on the front of the shed as the way to disguise it. Inside was a bunch of old stuff like you'd find in someone's attic that you could trade for as swag items.

I had a good laugh just hearing the story! :ph34r:

We found an ammo can in NC that was in an area recently done over by a prescribed burn. There was the singed ammo can, visible a good 100 feet away with a sadly inadequate covering of what pine needles the previous finders could gather. We did out best to "hide" it as well.

Turned out the owner was out of the country if I remember correctly so it was going to be that way for at least a few more weeks. I wonder how that cache has held up...

My most obvious hide is in a clear container glued in place right next to a public restroom (inches away in fact) at a cemetary in the middle of nowhere U.S.A. The container was already there. The caretaker had intended the container to hold reading material, but never got around to putting any in there. I scoped the hide out for a year and then got a local friend to get permission for me to place the cache.

It has been in place since 2004 and never been disturbed. The logs from non-geocaching visitors are really interesting.

48d86e63-8a3c-4cb0-a370-aa92aba820ff.jpg

While it may not have been the most obvious, the easiest I've found was a micro in the grass just off a parking lot near a pizza place.

As I stepped out of my vehicle, and before I could start my search, someone drove up and asked if I was looking for "that Geocache thingie". I said I was and he pointed at it and said "its right there".

He seemed so happy to be helping, and it was obvious to me he didn't know he shouldn't give it away. I just thanked him and signed the log.

After reading some other logs where he showed it to others, I wonder if someone should explain it to him. That the hunt is part of the fun. However, a Micro in a parking lot is one that really isn't hurt if it is pointed out. :ph34r:B)

The most obvious we've seen is GC12AHV. It is a white 5-gallon bucket placed in a small business parking lot up against the building with a cheap wooden kitchen chair over it. When we rolled up, we were looking in bushes and other logical spots until we realized what size we were *supposed* to be finding. Then it was like, naw, it can't be! :ph34r:

Ha. Some great shots here. I don't have a photo but the most obvious hide I found was a AOL CD tin painted green with the large word "GEOCACHE" painted on it in white. It was magnetized and stuck to the side of a large metal transformer on the ground so anybody who walked behind it could immediately see it.

The hint: "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, this one's so easy, you won't need a clue."

Can't beat the giant ammo box, but we have a cache in a clipboard enclosure that has a 6"x4" vinyl sticker on it that says, "Official Geocache Site. Authorized Personnel Only." The box is mounted to the back of the welcome-to-town billboard that holds the signs of all our civic organizations.

We get an interesting mix of comments in the logs. Some find it funny, others chide us for the too-easy hide.

And just 528 ft (more or maybe just a tad less) from that super sized ammo can in Desert Eagle's driveway is this monster from the Sunshine Gang: Just another Film Canister Cache.

Got to love the swag in this one too. If they are still there when I go to find this one I might just skip trading and have to log TNLNSL. Trade up or even might get me in trouble with the Psychic Cacher!

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

cf8f594f-c5cc-41ef-9e09-04720df64c9c.jpg

too weird---though I now live in Florida, I used to live in central IL and I know EXACTLY where this is. I might even have stopped here years ago when I was a land surveyor....

I've thought about putting a giant cache in my driveway, but heck it's been done. Maybe I'll put a safe there with a big wicked combination lock!