your opinion on magellan GPS 300

i was wanting some feedback on this seeing and fathers day is coming up and my dad would like a GPSR and this one looks realllly nice. I was wondering from owners of this GPSR or people who just know about it and what you think about its signal quality? please let me know about this. Thanks alot!! :ph34r:

magellan300_big.gif

Edited by dan8055

i was wanting some feedback on this seeing and fathers day is coming up and my dad would like a GPSR and this one looks realllly nice. I was wondering from owners of this GPSR or people who just know about it and what you think about its signal quality? please let me know about this.

The GPS300 is about 10 years out of date. If you can get one for less than $10, it might be worth it. It's not good enough for geocaching.

I wouldn't go with an old 300/315. If you're gonna go for an "antique," I'd say go no further back than the Magellan Map 330.

Same form factor as the 300, looks just like the OP's pitcure. Can also accept maps (if you can find an old copy of MapSend to go with it), is accurate enough for caching, and is solidly built.

Can sometimes find these on eBay for under $50, and they're really pretty good for the money.