Good Trade Items?

I work at a Target just down the road and they have a $1 section. At the moment they have several different camping items. A safety whistle, glow sticks, space blanket, first aid kit, poncho, stuff like that. Do you all think that those would be good trade items. Because I sure get tired of the dirty golf balls and plastic army men lol

I work at a Target just down the road and they have a $1 section. At the moment they have several different camping items. A safety whistle, glow sticks, space blanket, first aid kit, poncho, stuff like that. Do you all think that those would be good trade items. Because I sure get tired of the dirty golf balls and plastic army men lol

I saw the same thing. Nothing seemed to be such a great deal to compel me to buy though. Maybe if the flashlight was LED...

Sure they would all be good trade items though.

Don't knock the army men! :P As long as something is clean, no matter how insignificant to adults, kids love that stuff. (If its dirty though, chuck it.)

Edited by knight2000

Yep. Those would be fine.

I just bought a few of the first kits from Target last week. Had to use one on my son and placed a new one in a cache we found. By the next day, someone else found the cache and took the first aid kit. Sounds like a good item to trade to me :P

Edited by cgmoyer

If you work at Target, you must be able to find out when the sale is. My closest Target had nice $1 bins a year ago, and when I got there everything was 75% off, because the season was changing. I bought a lot, and I'm careful to leave the $1 price tag on when I put them in my caches, but I paid 25 cents. Wish I'd bought more. Gel pens, kitchen timers, strobe lights, 3-D universe stickers.....

Because I sure get tired of the dirty golf balls and plastic army men lol

Don't knock the army men! :blink: As long as something is clean, no matter how insignificant to adults, kids love that stuff. (If its dirty though, chuck it.)

Yeah, I remember back when I was a kid. I'd have loved to find plastic army men in a cache. My favorite were the bazooka guys. :lol: I don't hardly ever trade swag these days. I wonder, though, if I were to go buy a bag of army men just to have some with me for stuffing into caches might be kind of neat? There are a couple of kids that go geocaching with their dads quite often in my area who might enjoy finding those. <sigh> Then to figure out something for the girls, too, because I wouldn't want to leave them out...

Though I'm a father of two girls (16 and 21), what would younger girls enjoy finding in caches? (I'm clueless.)

I have to have swag with me. I cache with kids and if the cache we find is one that has trades, they must take something. I have no choice. The kids circle the cache like a pack of vultures over a carcass. They love hunting "treasure" and so I have to make sure I can trade with them.

McTOYS!!! 20 million kids can't be wrong!! :D:lol::blink:

I'm thinking about putting out a "mctoys" cache. One where trades aren't needed. -.o

what would younger girls enjoy finding in caches?

Jump rope (probably have to be a regular cache or bigger)

Beaded necklace

Bracelet

Craft kit

Hello Kitty

Jacks and ball set

Coin purse

or stuff that boys or girls would like, such as

Yoyo

Card game

Travel checkers/chess

Bouncy ball

Kaleidoscope