Congratulations to Pieman - a real achievement

Big congratulations to Pieman on logging his 100th DNF today.

Unfortunately this means that our plans to reach the target by attempting the notorious Lizzardpower series will have to be abandoned. However I feel it is fitting that he should managed to reach the total while attempting an easy 1/1 and I would like to think that in time honoured tradition it will have been staring him in the face.

Well done Paul :blink::P:D

Are you sure it's not 010 DNFs and he just wrote it down as 100 by mistake

As Paul knows I would never write down or add up numbers incorrectly

... and I certainly never misinterpret messages or instructions :ph34r:

I don't usually join in congratulations threads but this is a worthy exception, many congratulations Paul! I feel honoured that my Runcorn Gap caches helped you acheive this total. I am currently on 47 so I have some catching up to do.

Edited by Foinavon

Are you sure it's not 010 DNFs and he just wrote it down as 100 by mistake

As Paul knows I would never write down or add up numbers incorrectly

... and I certainly never misinterpret messages or instructions :ph34r:

I don't usually join in congratulations threads but this is a worthy exception, many congratulations Paul! I feel honoured that my Runcorn Gap caches helped you acheive this total. I am currently on 47 so I have some catching up to do.

BTW Chas in your secret rating system have you had to invent a special code for when you encounter people bonking at cache sites?

I feel humbled. If it wasn't for the efforts of my fellow geocachers in setting caches I can't find I wouldn't be in the position I am today. I dedicate the 100 DNF's to all the geocachers who set caches which:

-Involve taking several bits of information from a series of caches and inputting them into a formula to find the final cache (somehow I always miss one of the bits)

-Adding up two numbers (2 +2 = 5)

-Are not hidden under the only tree in the middle of a large field (there is a cache near me which is hidden like this and I actually found it!)

-Are micros (I might just as well post the DNF before leaving the house)

-Have logs saying, "Another easy find." (not for me....)

-Have spoiler photos with arrows pointing to where the cache is- (I've failed on 2 out of 2 of these)

A special thanks to Team Marzipan whose caches make up an outstanding 14% of my DNF's.

And extra special thanks to Chas of The Kelsborrow Wayfinders for helping me with the maths on several of my DNF's.

We are the proud owners of the 100th DNF - we called in today to check on it as the last 2 logs (last one being the 100th DNF) gave cause for concern. Well the cache has gone! Does the DNF still stand? Is it right that a DNF for something that was later found to be not findable should still count and find its way on to a cachers DNF list? We are happy to state that Paul did not - not find it - as it was not there to be not found in the first place.

Over the course of the 100 DNF's there is no doubt that some of the caches weren't there when I looked for them although I have to admit that these are in the minority.

If they replace it, perhaps I should make Bettle Duo's Sugar Brook cache my 1000th find!