GONE Caching 3 Campout event

avroair

I will be there. So those of you who've never met me, you can recognize me by what I'll be wearing which are a Santa hat, snorkel, ski goggles, fake beard and clown shoes. I'll also be naked except for a skin toned swim brief.

Boy, I can't wait for Brian to lead the group hike dressed in his funky geo-attire, should be a lot of fun and a real adventure.!!!!

I will be there. So those of you who've never met me, you can recognize me by what I'll be wearing which are a Santa hat, snorkel, ski goggles, fake beard and clown shoes. I'll also be naked except for a skin toned swim brief.

OK, I'm female and even I find those images disturbing :P

That link is a blocked website at my work.

Like last year we will have boating on Lake Vreeland, the event cache will be Harry Potter themed, so brush up on your Hogworts vocabulary! :blink:

OK, I'm female and even I find those images disturbing :rolleyes:

Is it the bathing suit or the idea of me in one :D

OK, I'm female and even I find those images disturbing ;)

Is it the bathing suit or the idea of me in one :D

:D I meant the images in the link...I didn't let my mind wander any farther than that :rolleyes:

OK, I'm female and even I find those images disturbing :blink:

Is it the bathing suit or the idea of me in one :blink:

:laughing: I meant the images in the link...I didn't let my mind wander any farther than that :anibad:

I bet that company has only sold 5 of those, all of them in France.

REMINDER.....The Geocachers of the North East (GONE) caching and camping event September 1 through September 3, 2007 at Camp Glen Gray. THE DAY EVENT is on Sunday September 2nd for those who do not want to camp!! Lots of fun with the HARRY POTTER THEME..., mark your calendars!!!!!! :surprise:

I have a couple quick questions not having been to many events let alone one of this kind. I am gonna take a small road trip with my wife and 5 month old to CT and RI next week and stop in for the day Sunday for the event on my way back. Here's my question......I am going to have a 5 month old with me, will there be something for my wife to do with him nearby (mall or anything) while I do some caches around the area with some people? Or are there some nearby caches that are possibly stroller accessible or close by that I can just put him in the chest carrier?

Jayman11

I have a couple quick questions not having been to many events let alone one of this kind. I am gonna take a small road trip with my wife and 5 month old to CT and RI next week and stop in for the day Sunday for the event on my way back. Here's my question......I am going to have a 5 month old with me, will there be something for my wife to do with him nearby (mall or anything) while I do some caches around the area with some people? Or are there some nearby caches that are possibly stroller accessible or close by that I can just put him in the chest carrier?

Jayman11

If your wife wants to take the baby shopping there is a large mall not too far away, the Palisades Mall.

http://www.palisadescenter.com/

I'll let someone else take a stab at the stroller accessible caches, but from what I remember of the event from last year, we did quite a bit of hiking...

Jayman11

If your wife wants to take the baby shopping there is a large mall not too far away, the Palisades Mall.

http://www.palisadescenter.com/

I'll let someone else take a stab at the stroller accessible caches, but from what I remember of the event from last year, we did quite a bit of hiking...

Woodbury Commons might be a tad closer. Also, Route 17 has more shopping than you can shake a stick at, but Bergen County still has blue laws so many of the stores are closed on Sunday. Nearby Ramapo County Reservation and Campgaw Mtn County Reservation have a small number of stroller friendly caches.

Edited by briansnat

There is a place called Paramus, that has a place called Van Suan Park which has a childrens zoo, a 5 month old is young, but it has a nice walk , there is also a place called the Saddle River Park which runs from Ridgewood to Saddle Brook it is a pave walk and there would be some stroller caches in that section, It is about 10 miles from GONE. The zip codes should be checked under 07652 and 07450 , I am getting a little rusty on zip codes, so you might want to check Paramus and Ridgewood-- ONCE upon a time I knew them all-- no seriously all the zip codes everywhere.-- Check the web for Bergen County Park's Commission if shopping is not your deal. No Sunday shopping in Bergen County as mentioned.

I had a great time! It was great meeting many of you and hope to run into you all again soon. Wish I could have stayed later! Congratulations to whomever won the WMA Vest XLE and Wretched Skull XLE I donated to the raffle!

The sample of my coin came out great and it was awesome to be able to get it in person up there. Took a cool little photo while out there.

jerzee.jpg

Jayman11

All of you GONERS or is it Goniffs B) , who so enjoyed the Glen Gray ambiance for GONE may be interested in lending a hand to the camp. It is Beaver Day at Glen Gray (Keep it civilized ) which is a day of clean up and fix up and they usually are days of camaraderie and fun and sharing with outdoor minded people.

So here is the info.

On Saturday, September 29th, Camp Glen Gray is having its annual Beaver Day to prepare camp for its upcoming winter camping season. While the “Glen” is looking great, much maintenance is needed on its facilities to keep it that way for our ‘guests’.

Whether you are part of a unit, a cabin sponsor, service organization, or an interested person, we need your help and support to make this workday a success. We will coordinate the various projects to put you (and your crew) in the best areas according to skills and areas desired to work in. Once the project is assigned, you will receive a detailed description of the work needed to be done. We encourage you to bring any tools necessary to complete this task. The camp, for this project, will supply all necessary materials.

Any questions and/or comments, please feel free to contact Randy Holden at 973-280-6425 or email jerseytrader@hotmail.com. Please take the time to volunteer for this event and bring your friends.

Randy Holden OG ‘76

2007 Beaver Day Coordinator

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camp Glen Gray Beaver Day 2006

200 Midvale Mountain Rd, Mahwah, NJ 07430

Name _____________________________________________________________

Address ____________________________________________________________

Contact phone/email __________________________________________________

Skill Areas _________________________________________________________

Number of people in the group _________________________________________

Area of camp preferred _______________________________________________

Please contact the camp office if overnight camping is desired, thank you.

All of you GONERS or is it Goniffs :blink: , who so enjoyed the Glen Gray ambiance for GONE may be interested in lending a hand to the camp. It is Beaver Day at Glen Gray (Keep it civilized ) which is a day of clean up and fix up and they usually are days of camaraderie and fun and sharing with outdoor minded people.

So here is the info.

On Saturday, September 29th, Camp Glen Gray is having its annual Beaver Day to prepare camp for its upcoming winter camping season. While the “Glen” is looking great, much maintenance is needed on its facilities to keep it that way for our ‘guests’.

Whether you are part of a unit, a cabin sponsor, service organization, or an interested person, we need your help and support to make this workday a success. We will coordinate the various projects to put you (and your crew) in the best areas according to skills and areas desired to work in. Once the project is assigned, you will receive a detailed description of the work needed to be done. We encourage you to bring any tools necessary to complete this task. The camp, for this project, will supply all necessary materials.

Any questions and/or comments, please feel free to contact Randy Holden at 973-280-6425 or email jerseytrader@hotmail.com. Please take the time to volunteer for this event and bring your friends.

Randy Holden OG ‘76

2007 Beaver Day Coordinator

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camp Glen Gray Beaver Day 2006

200 Midvale Mountain Rd, Mahwah, NJ 07430

Name _____________________________________________________________

Address ____________________________________________________________

Contact phone/email __________________________________________________

Skill Areas _________________________________________________________

Number of people in the group _________________________________________

Area of camp preferred _______________________________________________

Please contact the camp office if overnight camping is desired, thank you.

Is anyone going to be attending this? Just wondering because myself and Thebogjuan will be there. You can come up and help out for a little while and then find some caches nearby.