Looking for some people to cache with in Manhattan

lekogm

Hey all, I've recently relocated to manhattan and none of my friends here are really interested in caching so I thought I would see if anyone here might be interested in getting a new friend to go cache with. I'm thinking about going this Saturday and it would be great if someone might want to go then. So um yeah..... anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I wouldn't mind coming down into the city again for a day of caching. My last trip wasn't so great. My GPS signal was horrible with all the buildings. But I have a new GPS...don't know if it's going to help. Not sure about Sat. though. I'm in Kingston so I'm not that far and can take the train in. Let me know if you are available any other time.

Miss-Keeto

I wouldn't mind coming down into the city again for a day of caching. My last trip wasn't so great. My GPS signal was horrible with all the buildings. But I have a new GPS...don't know if it's going to help. Not sure about Sat. though. I'm in Kingston so I'm not that far and can take the train in. Let me know if you are available any other time.

Miss-Keeto

I assume you were referring to briansnat and not me, but to be honest, I'm more familiar with caches between you and the City (like in Westchester and the Bronx and to some extent Putnam, Rockland and Fairfield counties) in terms of suggesting areas beyond your home to try new caches in. Those you can easily drive to and not take the train. The two I suggested are in a park in the northernmost part of Manhattan (right at the Bronx line and actually just a couple of miles from Westchester) and you could probably more easily drive and park to it (though if (as I'm guessing when you mean train) you are taking Metro North's Hudson line from Poughkeepsie it is easily accessible form the Spuyten Duvail station. Enjoy!

I am also in the city for work. I have been busy of late so I haven't had a chance to look at what's been placed recently. Sounds like it's time for another Central Park picnic!

Actually, there is one on August 25th :blink: (I'm sure you know, just being tongue-in-cheek here). It's going to be our first event (actually, we were supposed to go to an event at Ricketts Glen State Park in PA last weekend, but that's another story and adventure :blink:.....but we still got to see that GORGE-ous park :laughing:)

My friends are too cool for geocaching, so I usually go at it alone. :laughing:

I live in Queens and haven't done a lot of caching in Manhattan, found 6 of many, also looking to go to Bronx, Westchester, NJ. Reach out to me via email and we can arrange. :laughing:

If you need any hints and tips on Bronx and Westchester hides, just email me, we have lots of hides in the northern Bronx and southermost Westchester. The Bronx hides especially (we have 2 of them) are looking for finders. You should check out our "Diamond in the Rough" series (one in the northeast Bronx, one in northern Mt. Vernon in southern Westchester in a park in which we also have a 2nd hide further in that preserve) I think you will like them a lot (have seen a lot of rave reviews on the Mt. Vernon one, the Bronx one has only had 2 finders, but it's a surprisingly beautiful and safe (given what surrounds it) nature preserve that just went through a long renovation by the City to add hiking trails, etc. that almost no one (even in the Bronx) knows about). Enjoy and good luck, we'll probably meet at the event in late August!

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa