Logging collections into events

Woletrap

Hi all!

I take my coin collection to events with me, and had previously logged all the coins into the event (they're all activated). As my collections grows, its a pain in the butt to log them all out individually. I like letting people Discover my coins, but grabbing them all afterwards is time consuming. Is there an easier way to do it? Do you guys log your collections into the events, or just let them virtually sit still?

:blink:

Thanks!!

You can place your coins out to the 'Unknown Location'. This will keep them out of your drop inventory and people can still Discover them. You don't have to drop them into an event page.

Edit: in case you need it:

Access the coin page and under Trackable Item Owner Options is a pull-down menu reading Recalculate distance, under there is the option to Mark Item Missing. You can pull'em back out at anytime.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I really don't see the need for logging them into an event if you're not going to pass them on. Once people have the tracking #s they can access the coinpages directly to log their discovery and you don't have to post individual logs to retrieve them all back.

Wole, AT has his coins in a binder and a TB tag on the binder. He logs the binder in and out of events. People discover the coins inside, and he retrieves the binder after the event. :blink:

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea! Now I need to get my binder ready and buy a set of TB tags!

Wole, AT has his coins in a binder and a TB tag on the binder. He logs the binder in and out of events. People discover the coins inside, and he retrieves the binder after the event. :)

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea! Now I need to get my binder ready and buy a set of TB tags!

I got this idea after feeling the same pain you do...I was logging all my coins in and out of events. So, when I bought a binder to store my coins in I bought a TB tag for it. Now all I do is just log the album in. The individual coins are dropped in an archived cache to keep my log screen clean.

Here is a pic...the TB tag is up top...

coinalbum1.jpg

Edited by Arthur & Trillian
Wole, AT has his coins in a binder and a TB tag on the binder. He logs the binder in and out of events. People discover the coins inside, and he retrieves the binder after the event. :)

I got this idea after feeling the same pain you do...I was logging all my coins in and out of events. So, when I bought a binder to store my coins in I bought a TB tag for it. Now all I do is just log the album in. The individual coins are dropped in an archived cache to keep my log screen clean.

coinalbum1.jpg

What a great idea I think I will do the same with my coin collection THANKS for the info !

<Snip Image>

That is a great idea. I Don't have that many activated coins I share, but a few that are in a binder I bring with me to events and such.

I decided to Use this Idea.

Thanks, Check Here!

I sometimes log my coins into major events I attend, but not every one. I like the TB tag idea to show where they travel; may have to do that myself. I also like your coin box slippery_1. What are the little plastic boxes you have the coins in? They remind me of the case for a PCMCIA card.