Dark Deeds in Derbyshire

For those who enjoy crime fiction, geocaching features in the Stephen Booth novel "The Dead Place", a rather gruesome murder mystery set in the Peak District. It's a good read, but not for the nervous!

The portrayal of geocaching is pretty accurate apart from the absence of 'Geocache - contents harmless' and the www.geocaching.com URL on the cache box. Maybe that would have relieved the tension too readily. Mr Booth doesn't like to leave his readers' fingernails intact.

Enjoy it!

(but not just before bedtime...)

Its not the first crime novel to feature GeoCaching as I recall a friend and fan of American proceedural crime fiction telling me about a book they were reading where the logbook in a GeoCache was used to construct the timeline which eventually lead to the solution of the murder.

Unfortunately they couldn't remember the name of the book and I was never able to track it down. maybe someone else out there can remember it too.

Thanks, Mike and Mary, for the recommendation! My husband forwarded this thread to me because I love mysteries, and have read several by Stephen Booth. The book you mentioned has just been published here in the US, so we have it on order and look forward to reading it.

Edited by imajeep

As a matter of interest when Petrus, the cache in the Booth novel, went missing I was forced to archive it :):P as I no longer visit Derbyshire regularly :D:PB)

It has recently been adopted by cats-eyes :):):):)

I think Cooper and Fry's log is still available on the cache page :)B):oB)

Dangerous Dave , :DB) er I mean dodgydaved ;):blink: