Muggles

n0wae

My caching buddy and I were out one day hiding caches as part of my Texas Ghost Towns series. We were at a ghost town out in the country checking it out and a local rancher stopped thinking maybe we had had car trouble. We explained what we were doing and he proceeded to give us a detailed history of the ghost town. He had gone to the nearby school and the church (both abandoned) which we were parked by. So I got to put lots of information on the cache page from someone who had "been there".

I met a guy that was in the army and knew a thing or two about navigation but had never heard about geocaching. After explaining what I was doing he and his dog witout having to be even asked started helping me out. I in the end found the cache but Im sure that i may have made another person possibly join our ranks.

Wow, all of these sound really nice. I linked to this website not too long ago and I can't wait to get more involved (I was just reading the starting over again, what would people do differently for some beginner advice) and get out there and discover more about my new home. I was talking to my husband and we both agree that this would be a fun thing to do with our friends when we visit them/they visit us since we both live in college towns (in different states) and there's lots of caches to be found no matter where we are. I've always been interested in local history and those silly little "did you know" facts about places, this is like the best kept secret when you drive by a place where a cache is (I live in a suburban area) and think to yourself how many people drive by there and don't know but more interestingly how many people drive past and have stopped at some point to log a visit. What a wonderful sport, hope to meet lots of muggles (and make them into cachers) and cachers while out there on the hunt! :blink:

Was she hot. Sounds like you could have had a date. :-)

Funny you! I'm a grandfather (7 grand-kids) and Britta is about 10 years old. The only thing on every one's minds was Geocaching. Little Britta was so excited about caching that she talked her mom into caching with me. Her mom wasn't quite as interested in caching but got talked into teaming up with me for the next cache only .1 mile away. All three of us had a grand time and parted company after finding the second cache. Britta's mom thanked me for taking the time to show them how to use a GPS and how to find a cache. We all parted with smiles! :)

i was a muggle until last weekend.

my dad had been doing it for about a year, and mentioned it a few times, but i kept thinking he was saying "geode cache"!

then last weekend while in delaware, we used his gps, and i was actually the one to find it!! :)

now, i'm hooked! we (my husband and i ) don't have a gps yet, but are going to save up for one.

there are a few local caches nearby that are 1's, so we are hoping to try it without the unit for now.

last night and today i was reading the "cool cache containers" thread, and am now eagerly planning some for my dad to hide.

but last night, when i called him and we were discussing those amazing containers, he said that he couldn't find the one at "toys-r-us" because his phone had died while looking.

so i asked him, "well, where do you think it is?"

and he just said, "well, that's for you to find out, now isn't it?" :(:)

it just cracked me up!!