mapsend topo canada question

I would like to know if the version of mapsend topo canada for the meridian series requires you to enter the serial number of your gps or if it is a fully unlocked program. I need to know because I have a meridian platinum without the serial number and don't want to buy the software if it needs that number to load it.

Thanks, John.

Anyone have any idea?

To the best of MY knowledge..............................Magellans Topo software requires you to register it with a single GPSr. What is required for registration? That I don't know!

I do know when you register street mapping software using a Garmin GPSr, they require a unit ID#, that is different from the units serial #.

Hope this helps............?

The MapSend Topo Canada software will ask for your GPS' serial number when you goto transfer files to your GPS unit. You will need the software serial number which can be found in your GPS by selecting menu and then about. As far as I know you do not require any other serial number to actually install the Map Send software.

I need to know because I have a meridian platinum without the serial number and don't want to buy the software if it needs that number to load it.

It sounds like you would need the number. If you don't have one, you should be able to send your unit into Magellan and they will put one on for no cost (I think). There have been a number of people who discovered they were missing serial numbers.