How do I download co-ordinates on GPS unit from computer

woogallen

I have used the "Send to GPS command" very successfully. But I do not know if you need to be a premium member to do this. (I am one.) You need to download the Garmin Downloader first, but there is a link for this when you first try to send to GPS. So far as I understand it, this send to GPS function only works with Garmin products so far. Mine is a Nuvi 660

Basically you go to geocache.com and find a page of caches close to your location. Select the ones you want (that appeal to you) by placing a check mark in the "download" box....

At bottom of page select "download caches" and the files will be sent to your computer with a extender as a ".LOC" file...

Use software like EasyGPS or GSAK to load the .loc file and edit it.... There is setup parameters in EasyGPS or GSAK to "connect" with GPS unit through either the COM port or USB connector of your PC... Then you SEND the data file (from EasyGPS or GSAK) to GPS unit....

This is basic concept. You have a bit of learning curve depending on GPS unit you have, and cache manipulation software you use and transmission process between PC and GPS...

Edited by Dale_Lynn