Need clever lines for dear wife . . .

Hi gang,

Well, I have tested a few Garmins out and think I have found the one that will work for me (I mean us, as in my wife and I).

Went for the Garmin 60cx.

My wife and I are heading out tonight for another geocache. She will notice that I do not have the $149 Blue Legend but a more expensive "toy".

So I will start out by saying, " . . . we'll be safer on our hike because of the better GPS chip (SiRF)". Which is true since we go on hikes with a lot of tree coverage . . .

So what other lines could I add? :D

1)__________________________

2)__________________________

3)__________________________

Peter

f71de6df.jpg

It can be lethal caching while not knowing your way back. Now you have a much needed backup plan.

Garmin/dealer was giving this excellent upgrade offer with trade-in and along with the other reasons as given by others, I thought it was a good bargain. And it will work in urban jungle as well like downtown Vancouver.

"Funny thing pappened on the way home....stopped for a cache, laid the gps down and forgot it when I left. Couldn't find it but I did find this one!!"

or

"This old thing.......... found it in a ditch"

or

"it was on sale!!"

"Honey, this (the 60Cx) one's for you."

Then, if she hates the idea: clearly you would be doing her a favor to let her have the other one.

If she likes it, then this only has positive outcomes: you and her will "share" this one while you learn that you should have gotten the 60CSx (your next GPSr) and the 2gig card. Of course, you get the next one (60CSx - pretty much just like her's) without any guilt at all. In fact, play your cards right and she'll get it for you for your birthday, anniversary, etc . In the meantime, helping her with her new GPSr will "bring you closer together".

If she already has her own GPSr, then try this: "We now have an extra one so we can bring friends along".

And if you spent the rent check on this, then all bets are off, just publish the coordinate where you are going and we'll send the coroner out to scrape you off the rocks.

If she makes a fuss, you can tell her "I figured if I give up chips and ice cream (or whatever your extra luxery snacks or expeditures are) for the next year, then it will even out." and then of course, apologize for not checking with her first since you guys are a team. :o

Since I'm in the same time zone as you I know any good advice (lies) I can offer will be to late for you by the time I post this (you said you were going out caching tonight), so the only advice I can give you is to try and hang onto the 60cx in the divorce settlement!

Thanks everyone, that was great reading! . . . lol . . . Appreciate all the advice :o

Last night went smooth and my DW enjoyed the geocache hunt. She had no problem with me buying the "toy" since we are both enjoying our new found hobby . . .

In the meantime I have tested the 60cx around my home and posted a question regarding wandering tracks appearing on my GPS. In a nut shell I have decided to return the 60cx and will settle on the Legend CX.

Have a super weekend!

Peter

View from a cache last evening:

c0eb0877-f60b-4314-8154-9f6980783ff4.jpg

My wife and I are heading out tonight for another geocache. She will notice that I do not have the $149 Blue Legend but a more expensive "toy".

Don't say anything - and don't say anything when you come home and find that she's got a new $400 whatever; since you two don't work together financially, anyway.

In the meantime I have tested the 60cx around my home and posted a question regarding wandering tracks appearing on my GPS. In a nut shell I have decided to return the 60cx and will settle on the Legend CX.

Uh-huh! Suuuure the 60cx was creating phantom tracks! Just how uncomfortable was that living room sofa, anyway? :blink:

I finance my caching by selling odds and ends of old computer stuff on eBay. It never comes out of the household funds so it works out well. I realize this is a "joke" type of thread but I find it best to avoid using "lines" like these.

I've been married for 35 years. Maybe that's on of the reasons why............. :P