WinGDB, what file type?

Hello, could you kindly tell me how to convert routes to tracks with WinGDB program, please. I put the path of my .gdb route file in the input window. When I click on "convert" button, I obtain an error message telling me it's not a right .gdb file. But it should be a good .gdb file because I can use it in my 60csx

- what file I should fill in the Input and Output window?

thanks for your help.

When I click on "convert" button, I obtain an error message telling me it's not a right .gdb file. But it should be a good .gdb file because I can use it in my 60csx

There are at least two versions of the .gdb format (v1, v2). Perhaps that is coming into play.

How do I know what gdb format version I have? And do we know a tool to convert between them, i.e from v1 to v2 or vice versa?

The latest version of gdb is v3. Wingdb is compatible with v1 and v2. Load the route in Mapsourve and Save As... .gdb v2; then use that file in wingdb

The latest version of gdb is v3. Wingdb is compatible with v1 and v2. Load the route in Mapsourve and Save As... .gdb v2; then use that file in wingdb

- Bingo! By default, my Mapsource saves my routes under v3 version. I just do exactly what Hiker2008 suggests to do and the conversion is done perfectly. Thanks again!

I just loaded the track (converted from route v2) in my 60csx. Then I get a message in the gps mentioned the track is "TRUNCATED": I just only see a HALF of my entire route. Why does it happen? How can I fix it? thanks.

- note: on Mapsource, it showns entirely my track (route), just only on gps, the track is cutted a half portion.

Edited by shivia
I just loaded the track (converted from route v2) in my 60csx. Then I get a message in the gps mentioned the track is "TRUNCATED": I just only see a HALF of my entire route. Why does it happen? How can I fix it? thanks.

- note: on Mapsource, it showns entirely my track (route), just only on gps, the track is cutted a half portion.

- Up. Somebody have any idea why the track is truncated when downloading to 60scx? thx.

In Mapsource, just right click the track you want to rename and select properties. The name will be highlighted at the top, just change it to Active Log. A word of warning, this will wipe out your current active log on your GPS and the uploaded track will slowly be overwritten with your latest wanderings. You are better off to do as Hiker2008 suggested and reduce the size of the track to 500 points in Mapsource and then load it as a saved track (right click the track, select properties and use the options available under the "Filter" button). You can also just cut your track into multiple pieces with the track editing tool if you don't want to generalize the track with a filter. (ie. a 1500 point track = three 500 pt tracks).

Edited by ergomaniac
In Mapsource, just right click the track you want to rename and select properties. The name will be highlighted at the top, just change it to Active Log. A word of warning, this will wipe out your current active log on your GPS and the uploaded track will slowly be overwritten with your latest wanderings. You are better off to do as Hiker2008 suggested and reduce the size of the track to 500 points in Mapsource and then load it as a saved track (right click the track, select properties and use the options available under the "Filter" button). You can also just cut your track into multiple pieces with the track editing tool if you don't want to generalize the track with a filter. (ie. a 1500 point track = three 500 pt tracks).

- thanks, I'll apply your suggestions for my next biking rides.