Suggestion: "I plan to attend" feature in My Account Details

CrystalFairy

Hi

I see that I marked about 3 weeks ago I was going to attend an EVENT cache.

So this pops up at the top of my profile say (in the next 4 weeks these are

the events to attend etc)... But then a week ago I attended the EVENT and

logged an "Attended", but the event notification still stays..

I think the logic should be as follows:-

If an event you have marked as "Will Attend" and "You have NOT attended" it

then display it on the page..

If an event you have marked as "Will Attend" and "You HAVE attended" it

then DONT display it on the page..

If you CREATED an event (and not marked as Will Attend) it should ALSO show

that event in the same list... (if the date is PRIOR to the event being held)

If you CREATED an event (and not marked as Will Attend) it should NOT show

that event ... (if the date is AFTER to the event being held)

Hope this small change can be catered for as it will make much more sense with

this logic

Sincerely

Andrew & Heidi

(CrystalFairy)

When viewing the My Account page the events that I plan to attend show the date that I logged a "Will Attend" log type, instead of the actual date of the event. I believe itt would be more beneficial to see the actual date of the event so I can keep things straight when planning what events to attend. The way it is now, I could possible log a "Will Attend" for two events on the same date and not even realize it until the events are over.

Also, I noticed that after an event date has passed, the event still shows in the plan to attend section. It would be nice if the system did not show past events, or at least not past events that I have already logged as "Attended."

Hope my suggestions are helpful.

KRnlKilR

Nice suggestion with the date on the "I plan to attend" list. I like that.

I believe Raine posted that they keep the "will attend" up there for a short time after the event in order to give you a convenient link to log the event. I like that, too.

Edited by Stunod

I believe Raine posted that they keep the "will attend" up there for a short time after the event in order to give you a convenient link to log the event. I like that, too.

It's staying too long. Three or four days should be enough, even a week.

I attended an event on the 15th of May and now it's the first of June and it's still in the list.

Cached

It's staying too long. Three or four days should be enough, even a week.

I attended an event on the 15th of May and now it's the first of June and it's still in the list.

Cached

Will they drop off on their own, or is there something we are to do to remove them?

Today is June 3rd.

I posted on May 10th that I was planning on attending an event scheduled for May 26th. I attended the event- it has now been archived. It is still on my list.

On May 15th I posted that I was planning on attending an event scheduled for May 19th. That too I attended and is archived. It remains on my list as well.....

It would be nice to see the Event list displayed by event date,

rather then by Will Attend log date.

Of course, it would be sorted accordingly.

I'm having the same problem. If the list would show the date of the event then it would be a lot more helpful. It might be a good idea to add a field in the database for "time" (based on UTC) that way the time for the event could be included in the cache. Maybe a timezone field would be available per cacher so the time would be correct always.