Shropshire 2007 is on!

With so much to try and do and with time running out fast (12 weeks left :cry: ), a very sad day happened this week when we sold our beloved caching Tent :cry:

We hope you all have a fab time and sorry we can't make it.

Tammy

If you want to borrow a tent we can certainly help you out. We have a Vango 500 (4 man I think) and stacks of smaller tents for the young Hancocks. Or if you want something bigger for the whole clan the Scouts have a nice Wynster Hotel 8 that I'm sure I could borrow.

More info now available click here - list of attendees on there, but it is very much work in progress. Please contact me via my profile if there are amendments to be made, cheers, Liane B)

You have me down as attending as 2 adults but my 10 year old daughter says I am not grown up enough to be an adult yet :cry:

:cry:

Edited by Matrix

With so much to try and do and with time running out fast (12 weeks left :cry: ), a very sad day happened this week when we sold our beloved caching Tent :cry:

Tammy

If you want to borrow a tent we can certainly help you out. We have a Vango 500 (4 man I think) and stacks of smaller tents for the young Hancocks. Or if you want something bigger for the whole clan the Scouts have a nice Wynster Hotel 8 that I'm sure I could borrow.

Thanks you so much Phillimore Clan. Will ask Mr H when he gets home later. It would be great to catch up with you all before we disappear B)

***** TWO WEEKS TO GO *****

News!! We're having a competition for best dressed tent/tin tent/pitch with a ballot paper vote and a geocaching related prize. Check out your local DIY store for sale bargains with solar lighting and deccies. No obligation to take part, but if you don't, we'll pull out your tent poles while you sleep ;):lol::lol:

Edited by The Cache Hoppers

With so much to try and do and with time running out fast (12 weeks left :D ), a very sad day happened this week when we sold our beloved caching Tent :(

Tammy

Thanks you so much Phillimore Clan. Will ask Mr H when he gets home later. It would be great to catch up with you all before we disappear :cry:

Mr H has to go to Portsmouth on Fri/Sat now so we won't be able to make it. Hope you all have a fab time and thanks Phillimore Clan of your offer of a tent. We hope we get the chance to catch up with all you peeps before we leave on 5th November.

Very tempted to come to this one but as it's so close to us going on holiday (Tues) it depends on the workload just beforehand.

We could come just for the day on Saturday perhaps. Anyone else going just for the day?

Yes, we'll probably go just for the day as it's so close to us (ish).

Bloody loads of caches hidden today, I tell thee! :ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:laughing::laughing:<_<:yikes::D

How many, cause there aint many on my pq otherwise!!! :anitongue:

23 if you really must know! O:) :D:anitongue:

The Philosopher's Stone series has 13 caches and is a real expedition. Then there are 10 other new caches within a reasonable distance of the campsite.

Yeah, i really must know :D:D

Thank you :anitongue:

Finally our plans for the weekend are in place and we will leave Portsmouth early Saturday morning and join you on the Saturday night. Thank you so much to our lovely friends the Phillimore's for letting us borrow a tent. Looking forward to seeing you all :)

My glee at this was sent earlier by text message. So excited that you are able to make it .... woohooooooo! Liane :):)B)

Edited by The Cache Hoppers

Liane, need to know about the noise thing. If I'm gonna do this comparing stuff I need to know how much noise I can make!

And to anyone else...

I'm planning (if pernitted by the campsite warden) to bring a wee bit of disco gear to go with the talent contest type affair. Now, I only have a pair of bloody big active PA speakers totalling 1KW RMS (which is bloomin big for those not into sound tech) and I feel that for our modest affair (and the comfort of other campers) this may be a little large.

If anyone has an old hi-fi with a fair bit of oomph they can bring I'd really appreciate it. All it'll need is a stereo aux input (phono) and it'll do the trick!

Hopefully I can squeeze in a couple of disco lights too and we can have ourselves a PAR-TAY!

Thanks all,

Ratty Ratty Rat Rat

UPDATED

Scrub that, the warden has spoken and the music is off. I was kinda hoping the field we were on may be far enough away for us to get away with a bit of 'early evening' entertainment, but that must not be the case. Oh well, will have to speak up, and you lot will have to sing!

Oh, and Matthew wants to enter the talent contest, so stick him down!

See you all in a few days,

Rattus Rattus

Edited by Critical Mass Inc.

More entrants needed for the talent contest please! Don't be shy! I need to know fairly swiftly - planning on getting to the site on Thursday, family duties permitting :rolleyes:

The warden has indeed said No Excessive Noise, but is aware that we will be doing this and is fine with it, so long as it doesn't go on too late. As is usual with campsites, he has requested that things are quietened down by 11pm. I'm hoping we will have a fairly big party tent up at one end of the field, away from the rest of the site, so any night owls can congregate there and hopefully not disturb anyone.

If anyone attending the event would like my mobile number, please contact me. <_<

Event page being updated today with more info on a few things.

Car's packed, getting the overnight ferry tomorrow night, so will be there friday lunchtime ish!

LOOKING FORWARD TO - Seeing some good friends, familiar faces and all those of you I've never met.

***NOT*** LOOKING FORWARD TO - The 8 hour ferry and the 4 hour drive with 2 kids. Bring on Friday!

P.S. Might need a little assistance with the tent (bit big for me an my own) if anyone can spare 5 hours or so!

Rat-o-van

(Rat that has been run over by a van)

Car's packed, getting the overnight ferry tomorrow night, so will be there friday lunchtime ish!

LOOKING FORWARD TO - Seeing some good friends, familiar faces and all those of you I've never met.

***NOT*** LOOKING FORWARD TO - The 8 hour ferry and the 4 hour drive with 2 kids. Bring on Friday!

P.S. Might need a little assistance with the tent (bit big for me an my own) if anyone can spare 5 hours or so!

Rat-o-van

(Rat that has been run over by a van)

Put me down for a dose of helping with the tent, as it was our van that ran over the rat :D . Will be good to see you again, as long as there are no midnight excursions planned.

My On site kids mini event on the sat night is now almost finished...

Parents, hand over your kids for a few hours, and I guarentee to keep them amused... but they'll still annoy hell out of you!

Kids... get ready for a great laugh, and be prepared to be inventive, and meet new friends! You could win a new cache to put out when you get home, and sweets, games and toys too!

It would help me if kids could get their parents to let me know on the Friday night if they will be coming along!

Hazel

If i find any I'll give them to you :D

I'm hoping to turn up on Saturday- Being an event novice, what's the form re the barbie?

Is there a charge or do folks take their own meat to cook on communal barbies?

Generally people bring their own bbq (disposables are very popular but must use bricks or stands as burning grass makes for irate campsite wardens :lol: ) and food, oh and beer of course :D Some sharing of bbq's goes on - I like the disposable ones because you don't have to clean them afterwards :D Having evaluated a few different ones this summer, I can recommend Sainsburys ones. The cheap ones tend not to have much charcoal in and therefore don't burn for long enough to cook your food on sometimes, so its worth spending a few pennies more to get one with a bit more charcoal. Hope you enjoy your first event. Liane :D