Shropshire 2007 is on!

As Team Maddie UK are unable to organise the Shropshire event this year due to ill health, I have gone ahead and booked the rally field at Folly Farm Camping Site near Bourton on the Water and Cheltenham. The field has been booked from Friday 31 August through to Sunday 2 September, but there is scope for people to lengthen their stay at either end if so wished. Tents only permitted on the rally field (dogs allowed) although the warden has said he could hide a small motorhome or two on there. Caravans and larger motorhomes will be on the caravan field but they will be accommodated as close as possible to the rally field, separated by a wall.

You will notice that there are currently no caches in close proximity to the site. This situation will change drastically as the event draws closer. Any cachers wishing to help out with cache placement please contact us via our GC.com profile.

The event listing has been submitted for approval. All information you need will be on there, including pitch prices.

Edited by The Cache Hoppers

Glad you've sorted summat for that weekend, as I had promised peeps Lancs would be on then. That was before I was told I would be working out of the country for a wee while. I was trying to figure out a way of breaking the news.

Will do our best to be there, but depends on flights and such.

If I could ask a stupid question - why is it called Shropshire 2007? I realise I have probably missed something obvious but hey - I'm still new to this and keen to learn.

Not a stupid question at all ... someone else would have asked if you hadn't :D There is a bit of an explanation for it on the Shrops 2006 listing (link on this year's listing). Quoting from there, "Due to the incredible attendance at last year's event we have decided to make this an annual UK wide event (similar in nature to the American 'Geowoodstock' which travels from state to state) with future venues not confined to the Shropshire area, although the events will be held at approximately the same time of year every year. ie. The first weekend in September."

The cache page is being updated with new info and with responses to any queries raised as an ongoing process. For those who have asked, payment for pitches will not be required yet. Plenty of time for all that formal stuff later. B)

Can we have some daft messages for the ticker tape at the bottom of the cache page please. Keep it clean though, well .... cleanish! B) (Hey, it's been approved now.....)

Well done Liane for getting this up and running - I haven't managed a Shropshire event yet so I will put this one in the diary - will not be certain until a little nearer the time though but will be there if at all possible.

Cheers

Laughalot :P

Edited by Laughalot

Hope to get over for one of the days, we're only down in the Vale of Evesham, its quite local for us.

For some great walks in the Cotswolds look for "wrightys" caches, they are well worth doing.

Hope to meet some other locals, and those from further afield.

L&H.

Edited by L8HNB

Very tempted to come to this one but as it's so close to us going on holiday (Tues) it depends on the workload just beforehand.

We could come just for the day on Saturday perhaps. Anyone else going just for the day?

We are planning on being there for the day

Very tempted to come to this one but as it's so close to us going on holiday (Tues) it depends on the workload just beforehand.

We could come just for the day on Saturday perhaps. Anyone else going just for the day?

Day visitors will be welcomed - parking details and any other info will be given nearer the time :lol:

Strange how this event is missing from the weekly email, seeing as we had the mega-events included months before they took place.

Strange indeed .... it's not the only one missing either. Never mind ... just so long as you know about it Wizzie, that's the main thing. :D:D:D Hungry? :):D:D:D:):D

ooo ta :D:drama:

I suspect we'll also turn up for the day (unless I can persuade MrB that we should stay overnight in one of those convenient brick-built "tents" that serve breakfast. :)

MrsB

*** ONLY THREE MORE WEEKS TO THE EVENT ***

Still room for more attendees - the more the better :P Everyone welcome - if you are a newbie and unsure what to expect, or feeling shy, please mail me through my profile :blink:

Just to clear up any confusion ... you do not need to contact the site to book a pitch, and you do not need to make any payments just yet. All that is required is for you to log your intention to attend on the listing page. Payment will be to Charlie the Warden on arrival at site, and he will direct you to the rally field.

Wooohoooo! PARTY! :blink:

*** ONLY THREE MORE WEEKS TO THE EVENT ***

Still room for more attendees - the more the better :blink: Everyone welcome - if you are a newbie and unsure what to expect, or feeling shy, please mail me through my profile :blink:

Just to clear up any confusion ... you do not need to contact the site to book a pitch, and you do not need to make any payments just yet. All that is required is for you to log your intention to attend on the listing page. Payment will be to Charlie the Warden on arrival at site, and he will direct you to the rally field.

Wooohoooo! PARTY! :P

So Liane, are you going to update the webpage that you created for the event? :)

My On site kids mini event on the sat night is now almost finished...

Parents, hand over your kids for a few hours, and I guarentee to keep them amused... but they'll still annoy hell out of you!

Kids... get ready for a great laugh, and be prepared to be inventive, and meet new friends! You could win a new cache to put out when you get home, and sweets, games and toys too!

It would help me if kids could get their parents to let me know on the Friday night if they will be coming along!

Hazel

Good going Hazel ... will be putting up a list of everyone coming, giving numbers of adults and kiddies, in a few days - hopefully that will be a big help for you. Cheers for getting this bit going. <_<

Oh and lots of peeps, us included probably, going up to the site earlier so you won't be alone if you go up early yourself. <_<