DIY geotools

A few days ago I decided to geocache on my bicycle as opposed to going at it on foot (which is my usual method.) I was confronted with a dilemma as I was leaving: how do I safely use my Nuvi 360 while bicycling from one cache to another?

I looked around my garage; I grabbed a large sponge, a towel, and 4 zip ties and got to work. this is what I came up with:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/kappa_grl/geo1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/kappa_grl/geo2.jpg

It works like a charm, and absorbs shock very well. What have you made to ease your geocaching experience?

Interesting, having more money than creativity I leave my Nuvi in the car and put the Garmin 60 CSx on the bike (with a mount). Also my Nuvi 650 only goes down to 120 ft while the other zooms down to 20. While it may not be all that accurate at the scale, one probably needs something less than 120ft.

Nice job. I was going to do something like that with my old Legend before I realized they had bike mounts.

Do you get any weird looks? B)

No strange looks thus far! :D Despite the unattractive materials that are used, I've decided to keep this setup as opposed to purchasing a conventional bike mount; as far as I know Garmin doesn't make bike mounts for this unit, and those that do have received poor reviews.

No strange looks thus far! :blink: Despite the unattractive materials that are used, I've decided to keep this setup as opposed to purchasing a conventional bike mount; as far as I know Garmin doesn't make bike mounts for this unit, and those that do have received poor reviews.

Hey I don't blame you, it's cheap and if it works why go spend money on something else!