Calling all MWGB Chicks

ParentsofSAM

I have a MWGB duck. I didn't "pre-trade" since I don't collect coins and had no real use for lots of other ducks. I "cache and release" all of my geocoins. I was going to give my duckies to people I met at MWGB and use the others as extras in trades or to drop in caches. I am willing to do a multiple duck trade, with either more than one of my duck or my duck and the secret duck and/or mallard duck that I received for any trackable coin. The other option I can offer is that I soon should have some geojellies and I could trade a jelly and a duck for a trackable geocoin. Drop me an e-mail if interested. Thanks - Robin

Well, I missed out on going to the MWGB (for the second year in a row <_< - maybe, maybe I will get to go next year :P - where is it going to be next year anyway? :D ) so I missed out on the duckies and the frogs too. I can't imagine all the hard work Damenace is going to have to do to get all of them but I hope he manages to. I'm not going to try but I wouldn't mind getting a few of 'em. They are so cute! Sooooo, if anyone would like to trade some Duckies or Frogs for some GW5 Chicks, I have some of my burgundy glitter chicks left. E-mail me or PM me if interested. Thanks!

CF30

Its going to be in the same place as this year Kendalville, Indiana. It will be in early August I think August 7-10

I have a MWGB duck. I didn't "pre-trade" since I don't collect coins and had no real use for lots of other ducks. I "cache and release" all of my geocoins. I was going to give my duckies to people I met at MWGB and use the others as extras in trades or to drop in caches. I am willing to do a multiple duck trade, with either more than one of my duck or my duck and the secret duck and/or mallard duck that I received for any trackable coin. The other option I can offer is that I soon should have some geojellies and I could trade a jelly and a duck for a trackable geocoin. Drop me an e-mail if interested. Thanks - Robin

<waves paw>

Hi, Robin!!! <_<

I wanna trade...plluueeese! :P

Email sent.

MWGB is Aug 6-10 next year! Glad they went with the 4 days as 2 just isn't enough time to relax and enjoy the area! I already put in for the week off!

I'll be going to hide a few caches for next year, too many micros hiding out that way! Not that Tigger Mr Incredible or any of the others did a bad job, just not enough big hides for my tastes!

My duckies arrived today, but there was a screw up. I got included in the duck swap, but hadn't wanted to be part of it. So I only got about half the number of my own ducks that I had ordered. I won't likely have any at all of mine to offer as trades, but can try to work something out if people are looking for the other ones that I got. I wasn't interested in collecting other people's ducks, but now have them from about 20 that I don't really want up for grabs if people wanted those people's ducks. I'll post a list of them later.

Edited by niffir

My duckies arrived today, but there was a screw up. I got included in the duck swap, but hadn't wanted to be part of it. So I only got about half the number of my own ducks that I had ordered. I won't likely have any at all of mine to offer as trades, but can try to work something out if people are looking for the other ones that I got. I wasn't interested in collecting other people's ducks, but now have them from about 20 that I don't really want up for grabs if people wanted those people's ducks. I'll post a list of them later.

When mine arrive I will gladly send you back yours for mine!

Sadly, we are still waiting to see the duck coins. It appears that ours took a wrong turn while in Kendalville and ended up somewhere in Illinois I believe. (I knew we should've let the ducks borrow the GPS!) Pehaps they can call upon the homing services of the SUPER SECRET DUCK to guide them home!

I don't know, something tells me the SUPER SECRET DUCK wouldn't be of much help to them...first naked chicks, then this? Sheesh what's next?

When mine arrive I will gladly send you back yours for mine!

That's very sweet of you, but I just got word from the hogwildstuff guy that they will try to send me some replacements. Yay! So no need to return them, and I will have a few available for trades of some sort for those who are dying for complete sets.

We're also interested in collecting a full set of the guys' coins, which don't seem to be getting as much mention. Is there enough interest to open another thread? Or can we just hijack this one once in a while :) ?

Well, I got the guys coins, but you might wait for them to arrive before going too far. I happened to hear from ClickChik about the "chicks" where they had the option to "trade" before they were shipped to them (since they didn't get them in time to trade at MWGB). I contacted Sharon and she said that they would do the same for the guys, so I should have a full set of guys coins, plus some extra for trades. You might end-up with the same unless you asked for otherwise...

I would love to trade with you for some of the extra ducks that you got. Do you have a seeking list of coins that you are lookign for? Please email me pengofamily (at) gmail.com and we can maybe work something out please?? Thanks!! :):)

Sadly, we are still waiting to see the duck coins. It appears that ours took a wrong turn while in Kendalville and ended up somewhere in Illinois I believe. (I knew we should've let the ducks borrow the GPS!) Pehaps they can call upon the homing services of the SUPER SECRET DUCK to guide them home!

I don't know, something tells me the SUPER SECRET DUCK wouldn't be of much help to them...first naked chicks, then this? Sheesh what's next?

:)

naked ducklings?

We got both of the coins and like them a lot. Thanks for the coins. We would also like to make a complete collection so if there is a list of all the geoguys coins, we would really like to have it.

If you got yours today, then ClickChik and I should get ours today too... I haven't seen a list, but in my communications, I got the impression that there were fewer guys in the project than there were gals...

I'll have my guys coins, our new Geo Jellies v2, and then our Birds of a Feather coins all coming in the relatively near future. I can't wait...

Well,I got my coins today. The colors and shape/design are super cute. Unfortunately, the engraving is incorrect:( , but I still like them.

Again, Princess Lisa and I are working together on our trades so that we'll send you both of our ducks to save on shipping. We've contacted everyone in this thread that has expressed interest, and we both did the "pretrading" also.

Edited by lindsychris

My photos certainly aren't GlennK quality, but this one isn't too bad.

The coins pictures are 001 and 007.

P8011473.jpg

My engraving is supposed to be LC001, LC002, etc all the way to LC100. The mint made an error and started them all with LC001 and then the number. Sharon has already gotten back to me and Hogwild will be getting this all fixed for me. Yay Sharon!!! :)

Got my Guy coins today. (For those that haven't met me I am a guy).

I guess I didn't guess at the codes correctly because I wanted orange fish to go in the blue bowl (It's a Gator thing!) but they were yellow. Darn hard to read fonts.

The real funny thing is when I looked at the trade coins I got, I noticed they all were silver except HogWild that got gold....well except for mine. All of mine were done in black nickel. Anyone else get a different metal.

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar

The ducks were all gold. The Thank you duck is copper.

There are a few ducks that are copper, those are the one that are the 7 extra some of those are copper. The Mallard and the Secret duck are Black Nickel.

Yup, both our ducks are gold. Frog though is silver/nickel. Was there a choice on metals on the guy coin? Did I miss that? Would have looked good in gold. Oh well, still seriously cute! :)

Did those people who ordered this coin have to pay for it? :)

Refunds were offered and given to all those that wanted them.

Thanks so much for you concern for your fellow cachers. Rest assured that Hogwild Stuff is doing their best to ensure that every chick and prince is as satisfied as the situation allows. We can't fix the disappointed feelings that were felt and that we felt as well. But we are trying to do our best as quickly as we can.

I think that all the Princes and Chicks have been AWESOME!! And we really appreciate the great display of patience and understanding you have all shown. Thank you!

Rest assured that Hogwild Stuff is doing their best to ensure that every chick and prince is as satisfied as the situation allows. We can't fix the disappointed feelings that were felt and that we felt as well. But we are trying to do our best as quickly as we can.

I think that all the Princes and Chicks have been AWESOME!! And we really appreciate the great display of patience and understanding you have all shown. Thank you!

Sharon I said it previously, but you've done a fantastic job of overcoming the obstacles and fixing any problems as soon as they came up--thank you!!

Did those people who ordered this coin have to pay for it? :)

Refunds were offered and given to all those that wanted them.

Thanks so much for you concern for your fellow cachers. Rest assured that Hogwild Stuff is doing their best to ensure that every chick and prince is as satisfied as the situation allows. We can't fix the disappointed feelings that were felt and that we felt as well. But we are trying to do our best as quickly as we can.

I feel like Hogwild did their best in the situation. My husband was to get the guy coin and when it didn't arrive in time, said he didn't want them. (It's not my fault, I had NO IDEA when I married him 25 years ago...goodness.) Then when we got the duck, he kinda perked up...TOO LATE, FELLA!!!

(I snicker alot..)

Anyhow, we got offered refunds and I felt we were treated well.

It is all kinda funky, tho'...I got 32 of mine..I should have gotten 25. And I got a guy coin thrown in (hence my husband's waffling....) I also got a non-etched coin...and the thank you coin has no etching, either - and a brown eye and I say it's GOLD,not copper, PoS.

Heavens, this has all been interesting.

It is all kinda funky, tho'...I got 32 of mine..I should have gotten 25. And I got a guy coin thrown in (hence my husband's waffling....) I also got a non-etched coin...and the thank you coin has no etching, either - and a brown eye and I say it's GOLD,not copper, PoS.

B)

Heavens, this has all been interesting.

Steve included one of his guy coins in each package. That is the guy you got. Unless you were Parents of Sam and then you got 50 of Steves guy coins! Whoops! :)

You all don't know this, but Steve did all that packaging and sorting and his daughter is getting married this weekend! It is wonder he was able to get as correct as he did! :)

Steve included one of his guy coins in each package. That is the guy you got. Unless you were Parents of Sam and then you got 50 of Steves guy coins! Whoops! :)

You all don't know this, but Steve did all that packaging and sorting and his daughter is getting married this weekend! It is wonder he was able to get as correct as he did! :)

Hehe...didn't see a frog coin in mine, but did get a mouse pin and an Acadia National Park coin (which was cool with me, as I went camping there as a kid). I got 3 Duckies coins and 1 Mallard. Not sure what this other secret coin is or if I was supposed to have one. I'm still trying to sort out exactly what I got and whose ducks I ended up with. It's fun looking at the different color choices.

Edited by niffir

My ducks arrived today and are they ever cute!! I do think that the glitter one came out very well and wish I had kept the other bodies glitter too. I haven't looked through all of them yet to check for oddities. I do have one with no lettering on it though but that's ok by me! Here is a pic

P1010001.jpg

My ducks arrived today and are they ever cute!! I do think that the glitter one came out very well and wish I had kept the other bodies glitter too. I haven't looked through all of them yet to check for oddities. I do have one with no lettering on it though but that's ok by me! Here is a pic

P1010001.jpg

Oh my...your orange duck with the purple glitter bow...that one looks like mine. Is that possible?

P1010001.jpg

Oh my...your orange duck with the purple glitter bow...that one looks like mine. Is that possible?

The lighting makes it look orange--it actually is bright red (red with purple :) )

*raises hand*

Ooh ooh pick me! pick me! I know the secret ducky!!!

Course my wacko brain came up with it, so I guess I don't count...

I'll pick you!! I would love to know what the secret ducky is.. and how to get one!

;):D:D

Me, too!!!

Me three!!!!! :D

Us four!!!!

Of course, we're still waiting for our regular ducks too. Those birds certainly were not homing pigeons! :D

*raises hand*

Ooh ooh pick me! pick me! I know the secret ducky!!!

Course my wacko brain came up with it, so I guess I don't count...

I'll pick you!! I would love to know what the secret ducky is.. and how to get one!

;):D:D

Me, too!!!

Me three!!!!! :D

Us four!!!!

Of course, we're still waiting for our regular ducks too. Those birds certainly were not homing pigeons! :D

Sorry I have no idea how to get the secret duck.

The Black Nickel works well with the coin. Got some of these to trade.

TSD-PRINCE.jpg

Team Sand Dollar

Thanks! was having enough trouble just waiting to get home and get my "guys" coins today since ClickChik got her "duckies" yesterday, now you post a picture of yours. Add to that the fact that mine didn't arrive today after all, now I am getting even more impatient. :laughing:

When mine do arrive, I will consider trades based on which ones come in my package...