Caching on canals

Mr'D

Wouldn't it be nice if bookmark lists showed you which ones you'd done?

One way to do that is to click the "create a pocket query" button at the bottom of the bookmark list, and preview the query.

It's been a while since I updated my Leeds-Liverpool list, I'll refresh it soon.

There's also a canal series up here called (interestingly enough) Canal series! I think at present there's about 15 caches along a walk of about 6 miles each way.

Been a while since I did it, but a few people did the series while up here for Lets Go Camping in Cheshire #2 last week.

I've started a bookmark list for the cheshire ring, of canals but it is as yet unfinished

I will be trying to complete it very soon,

but if in the northwest nearly all but 2 of my 40 odd caches (:D shameless cache promotion :D)are on the banks of a navigable canal or river..

much easier for maintenance when i can tie up alongside the cache :rolleyes:

There is a lovely little series of canal caches up here in Lancashire. However, they are placed on parts of disused canal, so the original bed has dried up long ago. Nevertheless, a delightful series that is worth doing if you are ever in this area!!! The whole series can be done as a circular walk or if you prefer parking can be found close to the individual caches.

The Safie Series

There is a lovely little series of canal caches up here in Lancashire. However, they are placed on parts of disused canal, so the original bed has dried up long ago. Nevertheless, a delightful series that is worth doing if you are ever in this area!!! The whole series can be done as a circular walk or if you prefer parking can be found close to the individual caches.

The Safie Series

Cumbria please! B)B)

(or Westmorland for those real traditionalists!)

It is a good series though!! :ph34r:

I haven't got a bookmark list, but I can recommend the Chelmer Navigation series by Helen in Mustardland.

It starts at Heybridge Basin near Maldon and finishes in Chelmsford town centre

23? caches in 15 miles or thereabouts.

The Chelmer is a peaceful little waterway, boats to watch in the busy spots at weekends, and a tea rooms half way along that opens all year round.